• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
Years
I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO JOIN THIS CLUB :__:

I currently own shiny Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur, and a few others (mind is totally blanking right now). I'm currently hunting Shinx because it's supposed to be easy to chain. Though right now, it's so super frustrating >_<

I've unfortunately never encountered a random shiny. The shinies I have, have all been either gifted to me by dear friends, or traded.

Years
Yo.
Sup?

Spoiler:

Hunts:

Giratina: 5435
Ho-oh: 8466
Treecko: 2057
Kyurem: 5313

EDIT: Ending at 22,120 tonight!

Last edited:

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Yo.
Sup?

Hunts:

Giratina: 5435
Ho-oh: 8466
Treecko: 2057
Kyurem: 5313
Shiny hunting.
Good luck!
1331 Spiritomb.
Good luck!

Great!

Spoiler:

Countless more Slugma hatched, still no shiny. Anyone know were it is I put the silver body paint?

Welcome to all new members, yes you can join us, we love the company!

Yay! for new shinyness catches. Congrats.

Yep. Sadly, I've lost 2. I 1 hit KO'd a Shiny Golbat, then was Roared away by a Shiny Lairon just a few short encounters later. Worst 30 minutes I've spent hunting. (Thankfully I have gotten even and hunted down replacements... and caught them.) That was years ago, haven't lost any others, thank goodness.
Good luck with Slugma!

Viridian Forest LeafGreen: 2700 Encounters
Treecko Sapphire: 500 Soft Resets

Making good progress in my Viridian Forest LG hunt. 1400 of those 2700 encounters were done today. I've basically been doing this all day, and since my insomnia usually keeps me awake until 2:00AM, I've still got plenty of time left. Though I'll most certainly slow down after I've caught my first shiny since actively searching for them. Still hoping I get Shiny Weedle more than anything else in the forest. Haven't done any Treecko Soft Reseting since starting Viridian Forest.

I think once I get to the 3000 encounter mark, it's safe to say I'm well into the hunt.

If I'm THAT far into a hunt, the way my mind works is that I wouldn't give up until I found something. It's like the game is winning if I quit, and if I've spent THAT much time on it, no way would I give up and make the entire time spent looking for it a complete waste. Keep working at it. You'll find something soon enough.
Good luck! And yeah, good point. I'll keep going for a while.

I currently own shiny Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur, and a few others (mind is totally blanking right now). I'm currently hunting Shinx because it's supposed to be easy to chain. Though right now, it's so super frustrating >_<

I've unfortunately never encountered a random shiny. The shinies I have, have all been either gifted to me by dear friends, or traded.
Welcome, and good luck with Shinx! I've never chained before actually, but Shiny is a cool shiny ^^ And yeah, it can get frustrating, keep at it though!

Hunts:
Viridian Forest: 3829
Giratina: 411

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
1750 Spiritomb.

This would be epic. Just Imagine, I send out my 4 Patrats (PATRAT ARMY!!!), two Purrloins, Dialga, 2 Duskulls, Cyndaquil, Magneton and every other shiny i have. hell, i could battle myself with half the shinies on each team!!

"lol" there could be one where you clone yourself, your clone steals 43 of your shinies, and you need to battle him with the rest...all at the same time! :cer_laugh:

Welcome to the club!

Oh.
That.
A little while ago we thought we spilt some luck...
Was that silver stuff your paint?
D:

Oh no, those were LDD's luck buckets!?? I AM SO SORRY, LDD!!!! No wonder there was so much luck in those; she had been saving them up for two years!!

I wonder if luck changes to the color that you need it to be the most...

Sounds awesome, but it should be Keruso and you. Fufu's too inactive. lol.

Fufu was driven away by evil post-deleting mods. He's actually active, but his posts get deleted before you can see them!

"lol" I don't think I would be the best person to- *looks as each one of G-Money's shinies are surrounded by 4 Keruso shinies*

Oh no, my shiny Giratina is surrounded by 4 shiny Patrat! The horror!! :o

G WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU

I get that a lot. :pink_tongue:

YOU PICKED FRIDAY THE 13th!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

NO, I DIDN'T!!!! That's the amazing thing about it!!!!! IT WAS ALREADY IN THE MANUAL!!!

1792 Spiritomb voted for George Washington. Runner-up John Adams received 77 electoral votes (also from non-shiny Spiritomb) and was named Vice President.

Last edited:
Years
1792 Spiritomb voted for George Washington. Runner-up John Adams received 77 electoral votes (also from non-shiny Spiritomb) and was named Vice President.

... what the heck are you guys talking about i guess i missed a lot in a week:surprised:
anyway heres a quick update
Ponyta: 493 REs
Guys my shiny senses are starting to go off for ponyta and also realisticaly as messed up as it is ive been camping out here for what like 2 weeks now those shinies in hiding have got to be getting hungry :P

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Sounds awesome, but it should be Keruso and you. Fufu's too inactive. lol.

Fufu was driven away by evil post-deleting mods. He's actually active, but his posts get deleted before you can see them!

"lol" I don't think I would be the best person to- *looks as each one of G-Money's shinies are surrounded by 4 Keruso shinies*

Oh no, my shiny Giratina is surrounded by 4 shiny Patrat! The horror!!

i dont think my Patrats would even stay in the same place if your Giratina was out. Palkia and Dialga, on the other hand......

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
4500 encounters in Viridian Forest in LeafGreen. Still no shiny, just plenty of times where I've been paranoid that I might have missed one, when I'm 100% sure I haven't missed one by mistake.

Hopefully I'll get one sooner than later. I'd love to get out of this dang forest and move on. It would at least be nice if I could load the cartridge with my own mp3s and have some different forest music. Some Beware the Forest's Mushrooms perhaps? How about a little bit of Stickerbrush Symphony? Maybe a more obscure Extensive Green Forest? Just SOMETHING other than "dun dun dun dun, DUN DUN DUN DUN, dun dun dun dun, DUN DUN DUN DUN"

Though I guess I COULD just play the mp3s from my computer. : P

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Wow, the activity skyrocketed since I was last on here.

Welcome all new members, and congrats to all those who got new shinies!

Say, have any of you guys lost a shiny before?

I had a shiny Geodude Self-destruct on me on Silver or Crystal. I was so distraught that I restarted my game. I didn't even know shinies existed at the time.

By the way, I had an idea about something to shake up the random shiny of the week thing. Maybe every once in a while instead of just looking for a certain Pokemon, the goal is to find a certain colour shiny. So say after a few random pokemon of the week, you say "Now this week look for a green shiny!", so we'd all go try to get a shiny Marill, Huntail, chimecho, scizor, or any other green shiny. Or you know, whatever colour it is you happen to pick to look for. Doesn't have to be green of course.

That's an interesting idea.

This week's random hunt is... any shiny that is gray/silver!

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Wow, the activity skyrocketed since I was
last on here.
See what happens when you post more G?
4500 encounters in Viridian Forest in LeafGreen. Still no shiny, just plenty of times where I've been paranoid that I might have missed one, when I'm 100% sure I haven't missed one by mistake.

Hopefully I'll get one sooner than later. I'd love to get out of this dang forest and move on. It would at least be nice if I could load the cartridge with my own mp3s and have some different forest music. Some Beware the Forest's Mushrooms perhaps? How about a little bit of Stickerbrush Symphony? Maybe a more obscure Extensive Green Forest? Just SOMETHING other than "dun dun dun dun, DUN DUN DUN DUN, dun dun dun dun, DUN DUN DUN DUN"

Though I guess I COULD just play the mp3s from my computer. : P
Haha, that would be awesome wouldn't it!
Oh no, those were LDD's luck buckets!?? I AM SO SORRY, LDD!!!! No wonder there was so much luck in those; she had been saving them up for two years!!

I wonder what would happen if we spilled Latios Master's luck buckets? Or..
Spoiler:

3839 Viridian Forest encounters.
420 Giratina.

Good luck everyone!

G-Money

Years
2222 Spiritomb.
555 Snivy. I might slow down on these until Black 2 and White 2 come out to see if the SR times are faster, because I'm seriously getting nowhere with them, "lol." I can do like 3 Spiritomb in the time it takes for one Snivy, haha.

Oh, and I tried the wireless thing. I turned off the Wireless Option on my 3DS, and sure enough I don't have to scroll through the C-Gear screen anymore!! Thanks, TSE!!! :) I tried confirming the test by turning it back on to see if the C-Gear thing would go back, but I couldn't turn it back on, "lol." I guess that's because I don't have access to DS-compatible Wifi here. *calls out to Lv 100 Arceus trapped in the Dream World with no means of return*

... what the heck are you guys talking about

Guys my shiny senses are starting to go off

"lol" I was making a bad joke at how I had 1792 Spiritomb SRs at the time, and in the year 1792 George Washington won the American presidential election, with John Adams coming in second place. There was no American presidential election in 2222, partly because it only happens once every four years (being scheduled for both 2220 and 2224) and partly because the Apocalypse would've happened 210 years ago! :pink_laugh:

"lol" shiny senses!!

i dont think my Patrats would even stay in the same place if your Giratina was out. Palkia and Dialga, on the other hand......

"lol"

DUN DUN DUN DUN

"lol"

Spoiler:

*coughkickpermabanShinySearchercoughcough*

Last edited:
Years
2222 Spiritomb.
"lol" I was making a bad joke at how I had 1792 Spiritomb SRs at the time, and in the year 1792 George Washington won the American presidential election, with John Adams coming in second place. There was no American presidential election in 2222, partly because it only happens once every four years (being scheduled for both 2220 and 2224) and partly because the Apocalypse would've happened 210 years ago! :pink_laugh:

"lol" shiny senses!!
Oh ok i get it *eye roll* yeah and maybe i shouldnt say shiny senses especially when i only have one other shiny :P
Quick Update
Ponyta Route 206:REs 582

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
*wonders if babies born in 2013 will have the chance to race Latios Master for Litwick someday* :pink_laugh:

Probably. :(

*looks awkwardly at Latios Master, turns back to SS01, and tries not to bring up how Latios Master and I raced last May and he still hasn't gotten the shiny Litwick that he deserved to get on the very first egg because of a 7-year drought before that*

It was about an 8 or 9 month drought between Pidgey and Audino. I think my longest drought is 3 years between Silcoon and Pidgey.

I will be switching from shiny hunting to filling out my Pokédex soon. I won't be MMing much between now and when I'm going through the story on Black 2. I want to get my Pokédex filled out before the new games are released.

Years

It was about an 8 or 9 month drought between Pidgey and Audino. I think my longest drought is 3 years between Silcoon and Pidgey.

I will be switching from shiny hunting to filling out my Pokédex soon. I won't be MMing much between now and when I'm going through the story on Black 2. I want to get my Pokédex filled out before the new games are released.
Oh my... You still haven't gotten shiny Litwick..? I'm beginning to feel guilty when I complained of one week... Either way, I am starting a hunt on Yamask now... Masada Method as usual. Wish me luck... I hope this turns out quick.

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I was playing around on an Emerald rom, and ran into a shiny Tentacool(screenshot on bottom), my first legit rom shiny. Sadly, I didn't save and the game froze when I tried to cheat myself a Feebas :'(

Bulbasaur MM: 107
Johto starter SR: ????

Attachments

• Pokemon Emerald.png
    Pokemon Emerald.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 7

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
6095 encounters in Viridian Forest. Still nothing. Got frustrated last night and stopped counting for a while, so there's probably a good extra hundred on that total. I'm going to make it feel less tedious by training a Beedrill in the mean time instead of just running away. Hopefully it will shine soon. For a first hunt, this is getting somewhat silly.

Years
From now on I'm just gonna quote all the posts since my last one.
Which is pretty much what I do anywhooze xD

Spoiler:

No change in my hunts (stupid school D: )
I didn't actually hunt at all today. Since I had no time.
That feels so strange, since it hasn't happened for at least 2 months! xD

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Oh my... You still haven't gotten shiny Litwick..? I'm beginning to feel guilty when I complained of one week... Either way, I am starting a hunt on Yamask now... Masada Method as usual. Wish me luck... I hope this turns out quick.

Don't feel guilty. Good luck with Yamask!

I'm sorry to hear about the shiny Tentacool, Dratizard.

If I get Giratina/Ho-oh, would they count? They have sooome greyish/silver on them...! XD

Yes, they will count.

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
I think I'm going to give up on Viridian Forest for now. Over 6500 Random Encounters with nothing to show for it, I'm kind of tired of it. Gonna restart my save file and soft reset for Shiny Squirtle instead. Green shelled Blastoise is under appreciated. : )

G-Money

Years
WITH THIS POST, I PASS AARYN ON THE ALL-TIME POSTERS LIST!!!!!!!!!!

2292 Spiritomb.

Well, you went 7 years without posting a shiny! :pink_tongue: And 3 shinies in 7 years is still pretty droughtish; you can still have water in a desert, and as long as there's a very small amount of water, it's still a desert! *claims lexicographical skills from a very bad technicality and distortion of the definition of the word drought* But yeah, an 8 month drought using the approved definition is still enough to make you deserve to get, like, a shiny every day for a whole week. And then a shiny the next Monday, too! :)

*hopes Latios Master gets a shiny while working on the Pokedex*

From now on I'm just gonna quote all the posts since my last one.

Oh dear, what monsters have I created!? :o The length of posts have probably increased by a factor of 20 since I joined, "lol." I guess we need to try to make up for the lost DDD/Fufu word count, haha.

I think I'm going to give up on Viridian Forest for now.

No!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna restart my save file and soft reset for Shiny Squirtle instead.

Oh, okay. :) Good luck getting shiny Squirtle! Maybe it'll be more fun hunting in the Viridian Forest when you're sending out your green-shelled buddy for the next (hopefully less than!) 6500 times! :pink_smile:

Oh, and as a precaution to ensure the SHC continually runs smoothly, would everyone be okay if I implemented a basic successionary system? I was thinking that if the owner goes 6 months without posting, ownership should be institutionally transferred to the longest active co-owner. By active, how about calling it the co-owner who has made at least one post in each month? If the two longest-active co-owners are tied for the same amount of months, it would go to whoever's post came first in that month.

I certainly hope this wouldn't be necessary, but it would be a safeguard to guarantee that the Club would always have access to the first post. I don't see it happening anytime soon (I certainly hope not! :cer_love: ), but for the far, far future to make sure that the Club couldn't be closed down again. I think it's important to have everyone be able to know about and talk about any potential rule changes, so I'd like to hear your thoughts/suggestions/alterations. :)

I also made a new banner, inspired by TSE's userbar and the original shiny cards. I'd like to someday maybe have stars or different colors per 6 or 8, but I'll have to wait until MetalMario gets back to ask for his permission. Until then, behold my new banner!

GAnimation2.gif

Last edited:

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

GOODBYE!!! THE SHC SHALL NEVER BE SAME :'(
I was playing around on an Emerald rom, and ran into a shiny Tentacool(screenshot on bottom), my first legit rom shiny. Sadly, I didn't save and the game froze when I tried to cheat myself a Feebas :'(

Bulbasaur MM: 107
Johto starter SR: ????
Officially we don't count ROMs here, but congrats anyway! And good luck on those other hunts!
6095 encounters in Viridian Forest. Still nothing. Got frustrated last night and stopped counting for a while, so there's probably a good extra hundred on that total. I'm going to make it feel less tedious by training a Beedrill in the mean time instead of just running away. Hopefully it will shine soon. For a first hunt, this is getting somewhat silly.
Good luck!
From now on I'm just gonna quote all the
I didn't get the vote thing either.
However it's hardly surprising XD
I did XD /me is an American history buff lmao

I didn't actually hunt at all today. Since I had no time.
That feels so strange, since it hasn't happened for at least 2 months! xD
*shuns*

WITH THIS POST, I PASS AARYN ON THE ALL-TIME POSTERS LIST!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats?
2292 Spiritomb.
Good luck!
Oh, and as a precaution to ensure the SHC continually runs smoothly, would everyone be okay if I implemented a basic successionary system? I was thinking that if the owner goes 6 months without posting, ownership should be institutionally transferred to the longest active co-owner. By active, how about calling it the co-owner who has made at least one post in each month? If the two longest-active co-owners are tied for the same amount of months, it would go to whoever's post came first in that month.
That seems smart to me. Just maybe a bit unnecessary considering I'm 100 percent sure that if the club gets closed, somebody will remake it in the same thread, so literally nothing would be lost anyways. But overall it seems like a good idea, just why not make it most active co-owner instead? Just wondering if that would make more sense.
I certainly hope this wouldn't be necessary, but it would be a safeguard to guarantee that the Club would always have access to the first post. I don't see it happening anytime soon (I certainly hope not! :cer_love: ), but for the far, far future to make sure that the Club couldn't be closed down again. I think it's important to have everyone be able to know about and talk about any potential rule changes, so I'd like to hear your thoughts/suggestions/alterations. :)

I also made a new banner, inspired by TSE's userbar and the original shiny cards. I'd like to someday maybe have stars or different colors per 6 or 8, but I'll have to wait until MetalMario gets back to ask for his permission. Until then, behold my new banner!

GAnimation2.gif

You know the plural of shiny is shinies, right? XD

Hunts:
Viridian Forest: 3926. Decided to give up my original target of Pikachu and just hunt here, so no longer using static, but now illuminate. Static was just going too slow, LOL. I'll MM Pikachu sometime.

Giratina: 420

I also started a new hunt yesterday. *facepalm* You see, I really like shiny Croagunk, and the thing's hatch steps are so low, I started to MM it in Black.
I managed to get my hands on a female Dream World Croagunk, which is breeding with a Japanese male Mienshao (egg move Drain Punch), so hoping my shiny will have the hidden ability! Done 30 of those.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Back