• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♛ Legendary Pokemon Club (new event started!) ♛

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
@CourageHound: Thanks! Yes, Latios is equally powerful, maybe more offensively powerful, but I do like Latias's cuteness factor. :3 The ending to Heroes gets me every time. ;__;

@Galoria: I'm looking forward to learning more details about the musketeers, especially Virizion, too. Very elegant looking Pokemon that should have a lot of personality, huh. :3

@Avishka: During GSC era, I pronounced Suicune wrong. XD; I agree, it is a cool name.

@synerjee: Welcome, thanks for posting! I'm very intrigued by ghost/dragon typing. I loved the Distortion World. That made my Platinum experience all the more fascinating. :3

@Hikari10: Lol I love their glowing tails too. I thought I was the only one to notice the small things. :p

What would it be like if Arceus was a mascot to his own game?
God of Pokemon on the cover. I dunno... As much as I love Arceus for giggles, he doesn't seem fitting for mascot during 4th generation era. :( Giratina was the better mascot since it's very connected to Dialga/Palkia. It's on their level. Arceus is too strong and has way higher status. Does that make sense?

Have any of you seen Kyurem vs. The Swords of Justice yet?
Nope, don't even know if it's in English yet.

Last edited:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
God of Pokemon on the cover. I dunno... As much as I love Arceus for giggles, he doesn't seem fitting for mascot during 4th generation era. :( Giratina was the better mascot since it's very connected to Dialga/Palkia. It's on their level. Arceus is too strong and has way higher status. Does that make sense?

Have any of you seen Kyrem vs. The Swords of Justice yet?
Nope, don't even know if it's in English yet.

Not following your reasoning tbh, but i'll take your word for it :). But i could see a story happing in the possible controversy between arcues and the 3 dragons since arceus created them for one thing, and Arceus "banished" Giritina to the distortion world.

It went live last night.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

Years
I fixed the Kyurem typo for the OP but not in my post.. -.-

Oh that's stellar! I'll have to check that out! I don't exactly have Cartoon Network or whatever in my room. We seriously need a movie night lol.

CourageHound

Years
Uhh -_- i kinda responded to the quote in my previous post inside the quote itself. I edited so check it if you want.

But the movie night thing sounds cool :3. Maybe after we all watch the movie(I haven't actually seen it btw) we can discuss all the legendaries like kyreum and the justice quartet.

TwilightBlade

Years
I changed it to Kyurem now. ;o

I see that you added something about Arceus so I'll try to explain what I'm thinking: If Gamefreak made a fourth game in the 4th generation, Arceus fits as mascot, but I find it wonky. Why would DPPt need a 4th game? Unova gets 4 games because it features Reshiram-Zekrom and then KyuremW-KyuremB.

If we are limited to 3 games in DPPt era, then Giratina would be the star, for me. The Hoenn and Sinnoh trilogies have interconnected mascots. Giratina is in a three-way struggle the same way Kyogre-Groudon-Rayquaza are. In the scheme of legendary things, Arceus is kind of a no-contest Pokemon. It's the God, it has 120 base stats, it has STAB Extremespeed... If you get your hands on it in-game, it destroys everything. He's God, he doesn't have to explain himself to us puny mortals! Or, it's up to interpretation! Am I taking his God card too far? I wouldn't buy a game featuring Arceus. I'm happy with him being his event distributed ways. Another topic I'll have to remember in the future, lol. Gah, events!

That's just me though, I'm sure others would have loved to see it and/or wondered about it. Space goats are bliss. :')

Sure for movie night, if someone has a livestream too. :P Some point or another we will fangasm over all the movies!

CourageHound

Years
@Checkers No spoilers please :P

I think the most unique version mascotts are black/white kyreum seing as you cant catch them in-story

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
it would be really cool i would love to play it :3

never heard of the movie so.... nope xD XD
it looks nice i want to watch it D: D:

if we are having a movie night im definitely in!! :D

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
It would be nice to play it! But each mascots in each version are catchable. But if is it possible, it would be nice and interessting to deepen it's background, like to come to it's homeworld and to know more about the origins of Pokémon and Arceus himself :3

Huuuh, never heard about that, as I can see by Avishka, it's a new movie? :o

Years

Nope, it hasn't aired in my country yet and probably won't for a year cos the way that Pokemon screens on TV where I am is handled very badly.

CourageHound

Years
I was going to say something involving the movie but theres a whole thread on that.

Instead i'd like to suggest a new topic: In a real life setting, ignoring stats and the mechanics of the games, how powerful are legendaries really are and how powerful do you think they should be?

MelchiorFlyer

Flygon
Years
In a real life setting, ignoring stats and the mechanics of the games, how powerful are legendaries really are and how powerful do you think they should be?

When I was younger I always thought that a legendary would knock me out just by blowing on me. So thats how they shoyld be.

CourageHound

Years
In a real life setting, ignoring stats and the mechanics of the games, how powerful are legendaries really are and how powerful do you think they should be?

When I was younger I always thought that a legendary would knock me out just by blowing on me. So thats how they shoyld be.

I always thought legendaies had power that far exceeded normal pokemon. Like say you have entei. You'd need at least two or three very powefull and well disaplined pokemon to take it down. However ubers are like a diff story...basicly you'd need an uber or like a team of 8 pokes to beat an uber.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
in a real life setting, ignoring stats and the mechanics of the games, how powerful are legendaries really are and how powerful do you think they should be?
i always thought that legendaries are will be super strong in real life and if they get angry they can destroy the whole world xD XD

Last edited:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years

In my opinion, legendaries are really powerful Pokemon that have the power to control things of the world. Such examples are Dialga & Palkia controlling time and space, Groudon & Kyogre forming land and ocean.....you name it. If the legendaries were to rage, they would have the power to bring destruction to a huge area, if not the world, if left unchecked.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Username: LilJz1234
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Mew & Lugia
What is your favorite legendary Pokémon? I would say Mew. Because not only is Mew strong, but Mew is also very rare and rarely seen compared to the other legendaries.

CourageHound

Years
Username: LilJz1234
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Mew & Lugia
What is your favorite legendary Pokémon? I would say Mew. Because not only is Mew strong, but Mew is also very rare and rarely seen compared to the other legendaries.

Welcome to the club stranger xD! How poweful do you think mew and mewtwo really are?

rainerman3

The Guy With THE Aura
Years
Username: rainerman3
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Arceus and Zekrom
Answer a Topic:Have any of you seen Kyurem vs. The Swords of Justice yet? Yup and it was awesome, even with Ash in it. xD
what it would be like if Arcues was a mascot to his own game? I think it would be awesome, like you would have to stop Arceus from destroying the planet because of the returning Team Galactic or a new team?
What are your favorite version mascots? Zekrom and Rayquaza.
What is your favorite legendary Pokémon? Definitely Arceus. <3

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Username: Seraphimon-sama
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Latias and Victini
Answer a Topic: I actually have seen Kyurem vs. the Swords of Justice, and I'm impressed with how the movie played out.
I'd love to see a game with Arceus as the mascot.
Currently, my favorite version mascots are Reshiram, White Kyurem, Suicune, and Rayquaza.
My all-time favorite legendary Pokemon is Latias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back