• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

why do you like pokemon???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 9, 2007
Why do i like pokémon ey?..

well i'll tell ya! ^^ back in 1999/2000 i was not into it but my younger cousins came and told me one day that they want me to tape every pokémon episode so they can watch it cause they didnt have the TV channel that shows it.
so when i started watching it from the 1st ever episode i was hooked....then i went to see the 1st movie, 2nd and so on i was impressed, i thought this was the best anime i've seen...(at the time) i am not into the games much cause i could never afford to buy game boy and all the games, but i did have a N64 at the time and i brought colisium(however u spell it) i liked that but i never played the recent games, dnt get me wrong i love games in general but i dont have the time or money to buy them...i got too many bills...so from there i've explored other anime's and thereforth...
my first animé was samurai pizza cats back in the day when i was young ^^;

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I started to like Pokemon because of the Anime (like I knew that it was called anime O.O"). I started watching it during the first half of Kanto. Then watched the first episodes at Video. I liked the way it was drawn, so different from the other shows I watched. I like the creatures itself.
It's storyline is(was -sigh-) unique and that's why everyone liked it, but then those other anime came and pulled Pokemon out of it's place. -sob-

I still like Pokemon. I regularly play the games, where the basic thing is NOT bloody fights and stuff like that. It's been a while since I last watched the anime at TV since they always show the same episodes. But I sometimes download the newer ones.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I only like Pokemon for its games and for hacking the games! I also think a lot them look cool. I used to watch the anime, but that was from when I was 5 up until I was 11. Now I realize how bad the anime has gotten.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Hell
  • Seen Mar 31, 2007
Yea i agree with you .... now i watch the anime if there is nothing on. the anime got stupid over the years *sigh* its said i loved the anime(then they had to go and change the voice of ash, which is F*@&ed up), but now i just play the games cuz there fun...some times i think if pokemon was real would i be out there just like that.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
I like shiny pokemon XP . why you ask ? because I have alot of them and one day I hope to have more legit self caught ( none from trades and nintendo events) than anyone else .

I also love misty MUAHAHAHA don't hate on her and her suspenders otherwise she'll have to hydro pump ya to the moon with team rocket .

to the post above mine they "fakemon" in your sig look like digimon XP

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
I have absolutely no idea why I love it so much, I guess it's the amazing feel of training your pokemon up, that and I;m a RPG addict XD

Horrorshow

Astrud, astrud.
Years
The easy answer to the question: I freaking grew up on the stuff.

Like, since the beginning of the whole ridiculous phenomenon, I was with it. I still lubbed it up until after the first Gameboy Advance Pokemon games came out, then I started to become indifferent to it. But it wasn't very long afterwards that I realized that it's still awesome. But I don't even /try/ to keep up with the newer Pokemon. I just stick the original 150.

I feel so lame now. D:

Last edited:

J

good morning
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
Ehhhh... I guess it's because I like RPG's, or it could be because I had Pokemon around when I was younger, so I'm used to it. >_>

Pikabloo

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2010
I don't really know why. I watched the anime; it didn't really click on me. But when I started playing the game, I practically got hooked. I don't really know why I like it... I guess it's because of the games, and the fact that they're RPG's make them even better for me.

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 19, 2010
Because it one of things that make me get friend or make me closer to my friend. And I believe pokemon is the only rpg game which you can have 300+ usable character while also have 300+ enemy. Many enemy in rpg just have different color or detail and level, but pokemon not.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
I like Pokemon because I grew up with it. I played it since the first games (red,blue, green)! And I have never seen any reason to stop liking it. So, I guess Pokemon is a part of me, in a way. So thats why I like Pokemon.................exspecialy Gyarados ^_^

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
Years
I used to watch the anime, but after Kanto it started to be crap. If it weren't because I started playing the games, I would have abandoned Pokémon long ago.

About the games, I like them mainly because of the diversity of possible metagame strategies. (Will love D/P because of WiFi)

I also like the Pokémon world in general, though sometimes I hate when in the game unreal things happen or when it shows the world goes around you.

Iron Mankey

Gentleman Thug
Years
All the l'il critters of course, gotta love the l'il dudes. The anime is mildly entertaining, although much too childish and lacking in a solid storyline. The movies are somewhat better.

But, yeah- it's really the Pokemon themselves that hooked me.

Drifblim

Banned
Years
I really don't know. I suppose since it was something brought up in the past, and then I was given a collection of cards to look after. From there I started my own. Since my interest started with the cards, I was almost completely out of touch with the games for several years — and that explains why I can't build a decent team these days.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I like it because i grew up with it always being talked about and on television. But now most of my freinds dont like it but i never really grew out of it. I like the games and some of the anime.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
Years
I like Pokemon for it's whole concept of capturing animals in little spheres and battling them. The games awesome. I'm not very into the cards or anime, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back