• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 2, 2014
Hey Guys, Please help me i got stuck on the island where had a waterfall .. Do you this is the end of Beta ?? if it is the end .. please update it .. just i nid to patch it to go to nxt island and get the 3rd batch ?? i want to play it more until the orange league .. tnx ..

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 2, 2014
Sup guys! This is a brilliant ROM in my opinion! I have encountered a few problems, mind you. 1. Bulbasaur never came with me, I beat him and he stayed there. So I can battle him an infinite number of times. 2. I found team rocket and a lickitung where they shouldn't be and when I tries to interact it froze, I went so far back! But these haven't been major problems, although I have one.

I didn't catch a Shellder for Slowpoke before I went to New Island and dealt with Mewtwo. Which means my raft broke and now I'm without raft and no way to reach the slowpoke... That's pretty much my only issue!

Sup guys! This is a brilliant ROM in my opinion! I have encountered a few problems, mind you. 1. Bulbasaur never came with me, I beat him and he stayed there. So I can battle him an infinite number of times. 2. I found team rocket and a lickitung where they shouldn't be and when I tries to interact it froze, I went so far back! But these haven't been major problems, although I have one.

I didn't catch a Shellder for Slowpoke before I went to New Island and dealt with Mewtwo. Which means my raft broke and now I'm without raft and no way to reach the slowpoke... That's pretty much my only issue!

you nid to catch bulbasaur using pokeball .. use super/old/good rod to catch shellder .. u can catch shellder near on slowpoke where it stay .. but ur problem now is ur raft is broken .. then u can't go back to slowpoke event .. :) that's all

sadatgym

Sad people at gym
Years
Oh c'on guys! Plz some1 help me!
Ash gray
Android phone
Myboy free emulator
Stuck in old shore
Warp pc isnt working
I wasnt invited to the mew2 event
Idk what to do
#Sad #crying #InLovewVenoth #NeedSome1help

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2014
Im stuck at the point where the blimp crashes after Jigglypuff shows up. Blimp crashes, enter building to the south, game freezes. I have tried 3 different Fire Red roms from 3 different sites, all end up having the same thing happen.

Anyone got a fix for this? Did v4.2 happen to break it?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
you nid to catch bulbasaur using pokeball .. use super/old/good rod to catch shellder .. u can catch shellder near on slowpoke where it stay .. but ur problem now is ur raft is broken .. then u can't go back to slowpoke event .. :) that's all

Seriously, pokeball?! That's it?! Haha, I'll try it! Thanks!
I was just thrown because his old owner just thanks me for looking after him!
Hmm, I would have thought he'd have fixed the raft problem early days since I can't get to Indigo Plateau now! :p

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
For Pc, you'd need an emulator (visualboyadvance), a ROM of pokémon firered and the .ips file of pokémon ashgray. When you have all those, put the firered and ashgray rom in the same folder on your pc and rename the pokémon firered rom to whatever name the pokémon ashgray rom has(it has to be identical). Then open it with visualboyadvance and there you have it! Enjoy.

Is the process the same for a Mac? I have a Mac now? And could I get links to the emulator and ROM? You can PM me if we're not allowed to post links or something...

Years
Hey Guys,
I've recently downloaded the Pokemon AshGray rom on my emulator. and i have played to Vermillion City. I've read in other threads that the exp share is found from the Pokemon Fan Club chairman. And to get it, you need to show the Club members Squirtle, Charmander and Bulbasaur. Now here's the problem. I've grinded too much!!! I have a Charmeleon(that won't listen to me), a Ivysaur and a Squirtle which i just caught. I've shown Squirtle but i can't show any of the others :( Is this the only way to get the exp share?? i really want to train my charmeleon and squirtle but it's getting fairly hard to. Please Help!!! Thanks :)

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Hey Guys, Please help me i got stuck on the island where had a waterfall .. Do you this is the end of Beta ?? if it is the end .. please update it .. just i nid to patch it to go to nxt island and get the 3rd batch ?? i want to play it more until the orange league .. tnx ..
Thats the end of current Beta, now wait for next beta, he is working on it and maybe he can give you next beta with whole orange isle done.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Hey Guys, I've recently downloaded the Pokemon AshGray rom on my emulator. and i have played to Vermillion City. I've read in other threads that the exp share is found from the Pokemon Fan Club chairman. And to get it, you need to show the Club members Squirtle, Charmander and Bulbasaur. Now here's the problem. I've grinded too much!!! I have a Charmeleon(that won't listen to me), a Ivysaur and a Squirtle which i just caught. I've shown Squirtle but i can't show any of the others Is this the only way to get the exp share?? i really want to train my charmeleon and squirtle but it's getting fairly hard to. Please Help!!! Thanks
That was the only way to get exp share in the game. You need a charmander, squirtle and bulbasaur to get it

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2014
Couple of questions:

I just restarted 4.2 and remember being able to catch Clefairy in Mt. Moon (first visit after saving Seymour). I just spent the last hour search both inner and outer Mt. Moon maps and have turned up diddly-squat. Did this change, is Clefairy not able to be caught now?

Can you obtain multiple copies of Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander either by breeding or catching? I prefer to have all 3 evolutions completed in Pokedex and Blastoise, Venusaur and Charizard in PC, however, as Bulbasaur and Squirtle are released at some point in the anime I would assume it is going to happen in this hack as well?

Is there a correct representation of the Town Map in the works by chance? I find it funny when I'm on dry land and the town map says I'm in the middle of the ocean.

Also, Metapod can you release the spawn and catch rates of each area? Thinking of putting together a guide and would love to have those to include for each area.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
In 1 day to 2 years and btw asking release dates aint allowed
Why is 2 years the supremum?

Hey Guys,
I've recently downloaded the Pokemon AshGray rom on my emulator. and i have played to Vermillion City. I've read in other threads that the exp share is found from the Pokemon Fan Club chairman. And to get it, you need to show the Club members Squirtle, Charmander and Bulbasaur. Now here's the problem. I've grinded too much!!! I have a Charmeleon(that won't listen to me), a Ivysaur and a Squirtle which i just caught. I've shown Squirtle but i can't show any of the others :( Is this the only way to get the exp share?? i really want to train my charmeleon and squirtle but it's getting fairly hard to. Please Help!!! Thanks :)
You should never evolve your Pokemon before anime episode where they evolve comes ;)

Can you obtain multiple copies of Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander either by breeding or catching? I prefer to have all 3 evolutions completed in Pokedex and Blastoise, Venusaur and Charizard in PC, however, as Bulbasaur and Squirtle are released at some point in the anime I would assume it is going to happen in this hack as well?
If Day Care system works, yea, you can.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 13, 2014
I don't think there were ever a day care in season one of the Pokemon anime. The only day care episode I remember being in the anime, was the Hoenn series...though not sure if there is one in the Johto series or not...can't tell recall ^ _ ^ ;

sadatgym

Sad people at gym
Years
Oh c'on guys! Plz some1 help me! Ash gray Android phone Myboy free emulator Stuck in old shore Warp pc isnt working I wasnt invited to the mew2 event Idk what to do #Sad #crying #InLovewVenoth #NeedSome1help

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Oh c'on guys! Plz some1 help me! Ash gray Android phone Myboy free emulator Stuck in old shore Warp pc isnt working I wasnt invited to the mew2 event Idk what to do #Sad #crying #InLovewVenoth #NeedSome1help

Have you done events like Slowbro and Pi-kahuna, then only you'll be invited and a Dragonite will come flying to give you an invitation!

Back