• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2016
Is it sharing its Person Event Number with an actual cuttable tree on that map? If it is then that would explain why its mimicking the script - All you have to do is change the number.
Thank you very much. That fixed it, I don't know how I didn't notice that while I was checking.

On another note, does anybody know how to expand the number of move tutors in Fire Red?

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2016
Is the best place to download VBA for Windows off their website?
Also, where is the best place to get a FireRed ROM?
And Advanced Map and Hackmew's advance trainer too?
I need safe downloads that won't slow down the computer(I need an emulator that won't strain the processor-the computer isn't mine...) I don't like emulators, but I have to use one to hack but then I put the edited stuff onto a flashcart and play on my GBA :D

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Is the best place to download VBA for Windows off their website?
Also, where is the best place to get a FireRed ROM?
And Advanced Map and Hackmew's advance trainer too?
I need safe downloads that won't slow down the computer(I need an emulator that won't strain the processor-the computer isn't mine...) I don't like emulators, but I have to use one to hack but then I put the edited stuff onto a flashcart and play on my GBA :D

Yes, the best place to download VBA is off their official site. I don't think we are allowed to share exact sites on where to get a Fire Red ROM, so, just search the internet. A-Map and A-Trainer can both be found on PC in the Toolbox section.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2016
Thanks Hermaherpaderp-Did you get my new PMs?
Thing is, I can't risking getting a virus ROM that wrecks the whole PC...I do have stuff like Kaspersky installed, but I'm kinda paranoid

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
Does anyone know if Wichu's patches have ever been re-uploaded after Megaupload went down? I'm trying to get my hands on the Emerald Decap .ips and so far my efforts have been futile.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2019
Hi everybody :D I am trying to change the world map in fire red following MikeMatt15's tutorial... If I go con advance map and I click on the editor of the world map, my map looks fine, but if I try to see the world map in game, it freezes on a black screen D: Is there anyone here who knows how to fix this? I have tried about 10 times D:

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Does anyone know if Wichu's patches have ever been re-uploaded after Megaupload went down? I'm trying to get my hands on the Emerald Decap .ips and so far my efforts have been futile.

After Megaupload Wichu did, indeed, reupload his patches, to 2Shared. Only the Fire Red and Ruby decap. patches are available though, Emerald's was taken down.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2016
Call me a wimp, but I got VBA and I'm really paranoid about getting prosecuted. Knowing my luck.
Lots of ppl on here and youtube get away with it but I'm paranoid. Currently, I do not actually have any ROMs...But...
Its not like I'm gonna make profit. Thing is, even though I do own a FireRed, Ruby and GBA, the owning the game stuff is bull just like the 24 hour stuff. Argh.
Oh yeah, on AdvanceMap how do I access RS overworld sprites? Sprites 147-255 were identical sprites of the male player...
Also, it won't let me place a new person-I do add to the number of people events just like in tutorials...It just won't work.

Totodilesteel99

Lord of Awesomeness
Years
VBA is NOTillegal.
Don't know about ROMs though, i think there alright if you own the game.
Anyway...
Can I please ask another question?
I got Caterpie, deleted some moves off other Pokémon, replaced the sprite with Deino, but...
How do i change the cry?
I don't want Deino making a Caterpie cry.
Any Help?

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2016
I said that the owning the game stuff is a lie. To Nintendo its all illegal. That's why Im worried.
For Gen III theres a cry editor tool I think. Still worried...
Also its my dad's internet...What if he gets in trouble if they somehow track the download? Help.

Last edited:

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
I said that the owning the game stuff is a lie. To Nintendo its all illegal. That's why Im worried.
For Gen III theres a cry editor tool I think. Still worried...
Also its my dad's internet...What if he gets in trouble if they somehow track the download? Help.

Nintendo stated they don't care if people made ROM hacks and other fan games asking as no profit is made. Nothing will happen.

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
I have a question.
If I set the special flags for the badges
Does it just activate it on the trainer card or does it activate the in-game feature too?
IE: Activating the badge that enables the use of fly outside of battle.

By setting a gym badge flag you activate it on the trainer card and it activates the special HM feature too, yes.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2016
I think I'm going to hack Ruby instead of FireRed...Dunno why. I do own a Ruby.
My question is this: Where can I download A-Text Editor and Encyclopedia Pokemon SAFELY?
Herp, the A-text doesnt work. When I download it and run it it says i don't have a component or moved some file and it won't run...

Last edited:

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017

Crocky

SuperScarlet!
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2020
How do I get advanced text working?
I have the files that you need to download for them to work, I just don't know what to do with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back