• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] GPS Monster Scouter [Android] - with Pokémon data pack

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
Yu-gi-oh might be tougher based on what you listed here but Digimon and Yokai Watch would be cool still if you and others could manage it. I'll definitely check the reddit every once in a while but could you put the link for the reddit again and I wish you and others luck adapting other series to the app. Sorry for causing issues.

Have a great night and talk to you later. :D

I see, that's a standard text set by google anyway so I can't change it, and I don't know what it should mean as well.
Will check your game, best of luck!

Edit: Ah yeah the subreddit is r/gpsmonsterscouter

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 10, 2020
This is fun the problems I had were that in my immediate area were basculin and unknowns :C I figure the pokemon in routes wont change? Bit difficult getting the hang of what all the symbols and such mean but I think after reading this thread and experimenting a bit I've figured it out. Still it would be nice for a basic tutorial somewhere like this is what this nature means, this is what the red dots mean, this is how to make the pokemon like you, etc. In the mean time I shall drive a bit and get out of this stupid lake route (hate hate hate basculin). So far its fun

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
Update:

There's a new item in the shop that will extend your item grabbing range by 20 meters, but use it wisely because it lasts only 1 minute! Get as close as possible to a hidden item, and use this only if you're few meters away from it but can't get closer because there's a house or whatever.

There was a bug that makes the game crash when you become champion. Fixed.

This is fun the problems I had were that in my immediate area were basculin and unknowns :C I figure the pokemon in routes wont change? Bit difficult getting the hang of what all the symbols and such mean but I think after reading this thread and experimenting a bit I've figured it out. Still it would be nice for a basic tutorial somewhere like this is what this nature means, this is what the red dots mean, this is how to make the pokemon like you, etc. In the mean time I shall drive a bit and get out of this stupid lake route (hate hate hate basculin). So far its fun

Yeah I'm sorry, I had not the time to implement a in-game tutorial and it's difficult to manage all the information people should know to play. Sometimes I like a game where you have to figure out how it works by yourself, though. If you have doubts ask freely, hope you enjoy the game!

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
Update:

The new PP system enhances the realism of monsters, who now become tired after using lots of attacks, regardless of the battles' outcome. PP recover over time.

You can now transfer your adventure to a new device, if you need it. Just do a backup (must be a backup made with the newest version), transfer it to the new device in the same location (the 'download' folder, where even the data pack is), start a new install of the game there and follow the procedure.

When you have 8 badges or you're a champion in a region you can now find stronger monsters than before. In any situation anyway, now the highest levels are rarer to encounter.

Back button of the device should be supported now to return to previous screens, it will still put the app in background when pressed while in the main exploration screen. 'Should' because I tested it for just a few minutes, seemed to work.

How is it going? Still playing?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 23, 2016
You did well so far Tankenta, really enjoying it. I know your creation will keep giving us plenty of joy.
I do really think this app worths more and more fans. Millions!!! Do what you have to do, i believe in your judgement.

Semyaza

Lurker Extraordinaire
Years
After installing the app, downloading the data pack, and playing the game for almost a week, I'd say you've done an excellent job with everything so far. Your active response to user feedback is also appreciated, as it shows just how dedicated you are/have been to this project and how much you want it to succeed.

This app has a lot of potential, especially with the option of user-generated data packs. GPS Monster Scouter is certainly underrated for what it is. The current features and those intended in the future are fantastic and very well implemented and I hope to see more in time.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
You did well so far Tankenta, really enjoying it. I know your creation will keep giving us plenty of joy.
I do really think this app worths more and more fans. Millions!!! Do what you have to do, i believe in your judgement.

After installing the app, downloading the data pack, and playing the game for almost a week, I'd say you've done an excellent job with everything so far. Your active response to user feedback is also appreciated, as it shows just how dedicated you are/have been to this project and how much you want it to succeed.

This app has a lot of potential, especially with the option of user-generated data packs. GPS Monster Scouter is certainly underrated for what it is. The current features and those intended in the future are fantastic and very well implemented and I hope to see more in time.

Thank you both! Really awesome to hear so much appreciation!
I was away from home for two weeks and now the updates will start rolling out again, there is still a lot to do to express all the potential but we'll get to it, hope you enjoy the ride!

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
Okay i'm gonna bump this thread but wow. I just discover this thread and this is amazing. I've already signed up i really want to check that it's amazing !

You should continue and make more ad really. I'm feeming like many people will miss an awesome app.

For a suggestion... what about Shiny Pokemon :addicted to this:

Thanks !

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
Recently updated to version 0.10:
NPC trainers now appear daily in routes. Instead of being one-shot random guys, you can encounter them frequently and turn them into your rivals. Tap on their sprites to see infos about them, and go near them to have a battle! No need to reach their exact position, they can see you from a distance, and once they set eyes on you they won't let you do your normal activities. There is a logic as to where they appear, and it could be useful to you...

Okay i'm gonna bump this thread but wow. I just discover this thread and this is amazing. I've already signed up i really want to check that it's amazing !

You should continue and make more ad really. I'm feeming like many people will miss an awesome app.

For a suggestion... what about Shiny Pokemon :addicted to this:

Thanks !

Truth is, I was having a bad moment and your comment arrived at the right time, so thank you so much for taking the time to write to me, it really helps seeing activity every now and then.
Yeah shinies can definitely happen!

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
You should not ! Look when i've downloaded the game there was already 500+ download, a huge score for a beta game. And once you'll put it in public you'll have many people. I really like this game, simple and the fact that the GUI is simple is really something that i love.

Now for the Shiny it's awesome <3 ! You should do like Pokemon RPG Browser game and put not a too rare rate (not like 1/8192 or 1/4096 but something like 1/512 or 1/1024 or less or idk) in order to make people searching for shiny (addicted like me) and would motivate people to check more places in order to find Shiny etc

Now i've a little problem + two questions : The problem is that i'm a guy who travel A LOT (i can do 200 miles without any reason) but i'm a boring guy and I always travel to the same places, so i'll always find Pokemon. You could make something in order to "reset" the un-marked places for X amount of gold ? Or it's universal and nothing can be done ?

About the questions, it's more something stupid : First on the green dot with the Pokemon findable, why there is a dark line arount the dot ? I don't really understand sorry X_X And the other question is : Pokemon that evolve by level can do it without any problem ? Didn't see any information about this !

Thanks and continue the good good job O/

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
You should not ! Look when i've downloaded the game there was already 500+ download, a huge score for a beta game. And once you'll put it in public you'll have many people. I really like this game, simple and the fact that the GUI is simple is really something that i love.

Now for the Shiny it's awesome <3 ! You should do like Pokemon RPG Browser game and put not a too rare rate (not like 1/8192 or 1/4096 but something like 1/512 or 1/1024 or less or idk) in order to make people searching for shiny (addicted like me) and would motivate people to check more places in order to find Shiny etc

Now i've a little problem + two questions : The problem is that i'm a guy who travel A LOT (i can do 200 miles without any reason) but i'm a boring guy and I always travel to the same places, so i'll always find Pokemon. You could make something in order to "reset" the un-marked places for X amount of gold ? Or it's universal and nothing can be done ?

About the questions, it's more something stupid : First on the green dot with the Pokemon findable, why there is a dark line arount the dot ? I don't really understand sorry X_X And the other question is : Pokemon that evolve by level can do it without any problem ? Didn't see any information about this !

Thanks and continue the good good job O/

Thanks for your words!
What do you mean by resetting? Assigning new families perhaps?
The circle around the family icon tells you how many species of that area you already have, counting both the common family and the hidden legendary. For example in a bulbasaur family area the circle will be composed by 4 parts because 3 from the common family and 1 legendary.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
It's nothing, i've to admit i'm really addicted. I never use my phones and when i was with my friend yesterday they were like "what are you doing with your phone" i'm always checking everywhere haha !
About resetting you're right ! Just for X amount you could reset the families :3
And i've a little problem / question :

I've a little team (Croconaw level 18 well Feraligatr is my favorite pokemon, Snorunt level 20 and my Elgyem level 28) but it's getting hard to xp, especially when i'm still fighting level 8 Elgyem x_x (don't want to xp too fast of course, but if it's good for Croconaw / Snorunt, it's getting hard for my Elgyem) and the trainers doesn't want to fight when i'm near to them... (the Battle Trainer is grey) do i have to catch 6 Pokemon in order to progress in the game ? Because i don't want to catch random pokemon and ALL THE GOODS POKEMON are on the road to my best friend's house. Can't huse my phone while driving OTL

Thanks o/

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
It's nothing, i've to admit i'm really addicted. I never use my phones and when i was with my friend yesterday they were like "what are you doing with your phone" i'm always checking everywhere haha !
About resetting you're right ! Just for X amount you could reset the families :3
And i've a little problem / question :

I've a little team (Croconaw level 18 well Feraligatr is my favorite pokemon, Snorunt level 20 and my Elgyem level 28) but it's getting hard to xp, especially when i'm still fighting level 8 Elgyem x_x (don't want to xp too fast of course, but if it's good for Croconaw / Snorunt, it's getting hard for my Elgyem) and the trainers doesn't want to fight when i'm near to them... (the Battle Trainer is grey) do i have to catch 6 Pokemon in order to progress in the game ? Because i don't want to catch random pokemon and ALL THE GOODS POKEMON are on the road to my best friend's house. Can't huse my phone while driving OTL

Thanks o/

As for the families, no can do, sorry, because a basic concept is that they're the same for every player. If your friends would get the app, they would find exactly the same families in the same places.
Yes, battles with trainers and gym leaders require you to have a full team, 6 monsters, because they have 6 as well and there must be six 1vs1 matches. In order to find higher level wild monsters you need badges, so you need to beat some gyms.
Don't know if you can, but in certain cases I have stopped the car at the side of the road, while driving, because I had found a good spot to do some testing.
Hope it helps and hope you can find some monsters you like!

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
The game's now in production, open to the public, and can be found by anyone in the play store.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tankenka.gms

You can also rate and review the app (please do!) but first you have to abandon your formal role as a tester: visit the page linked, and find the option to abandon the test program.
DO NOT uninstall the app. There's no need. After a few minutes you'll be seen by google as a regular user, not a tester, and you'll be able to rate and review.
Thanks everyone!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
HEEEEEEEEEEEELP.. Im stuck on Searching Gps Signal.. im at Philippines.. what to do?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I have tried download through pc and phone the zip file in mediafire but the zip seems error.. T T

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
HEEEEEEEEEEEELP.. Im stuck on Searching Gps Signal.. im at Philippines.. what to do?

Sorry, the game can have a weak response to gps signal when indoors, it's something to be fixed. Anyway try it out outside, it should be ok there!

I have tried download through pc and phone the zip file in mediafire but the zip seems error.. T T

Sorry for the misunderstanding, the pack must not be extracted and from the next version they'll use a different extension. Just download the pack from the device and start the game, and it should work ;)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
Just took the time to register in this forum just to tell you that this game is everything that I ever wished for!
I only played two hours or so, had tons of luck with the Larvesta family living next to my flat and just went buying some groceries to find Delibirds nearby!

Some more impressions:

- The battling system is great as it stands for now. I like it's simplicity, even my grandma could understand it ;)

- I love the one PKMN per Route-Concept. I walk a lot in my city and therefore I reach many routes and regions by ease. I even drove to university today for exploring without having any lectures :P

- I think its times 100 better than PKMN GO. Played it both and I enjoyed your game much more. Its more stable, doesn't errase my battery in seconds and doesn't even require access to the Internet. And I haven't even beaten any trainer or arena yet, so there's so much more to do!

Few suggestions:

- I always didn't like the level cap in PKMN. I know I'm literally thousands of miles away of reaching Lv. 100, but I think it would affect the game positive in the long term. I mean bragging rights end at Lv.100, but if I want to do show-off with my friends I could never accept them having all 100 as well :P
Is there even a way to implement this technically? If so I would highly appreciate it.

- And another thing that popped up in my mind was Route theming. For example every 10x10 square could have another theming such as Snow, Forest, Mountain, Cave... You understand the deal :D In an Snow Theme we would find more Ice-Typ PKMN, in the Caves more Steel-Types and so on.
Themes that are more common would shape a 10x10 square more often such as Flat Terrain or Forrests (at least they are more common in my area). This would greatly benefit the fun you would feel when discovering a theme you've never been to before bc it's so rare, like a Desert theme or so.

Anyways I look forward to more updates :) Just told a bunch of friends that your game is PKMN GO as it should have been. They liked the idea and I'll show them tomorrow. Maybe we can spread the message, who knows.

Greetings from the Zahze Region

A new Fan

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
Update 0.10.1.1

There are shinies now! http://imgur.com/knaR4eI

There is a mark behind it to make it more clear.

Even though you'll be able to find them in any case, to see these new images that were just added you'll have to update your data pack. Open the options, click 'Data Packs on Web' and you should see that the page has been updated and there is a new version. Download it, and after that, return to the game. Now from the options click 'Change Data Pack' and select the new one. (You may notice that it's no longer a .zip, but a .dat. That's to avoid people thinking that the pack must be extracted.)

Why you should change the data pack:
- You can see shiny images, otherwise you would see only the normal ones.
- There are some new values that will be needed for eggs in future updates.
- Some route background images can change to better reflect the families habitat (for example, a water/electric family usually can have all the backgrounds assigned to water and electric types. but if those species are fishes, then it should always be a water based background)
- Evolution to espeon and umbreon now happen through a happiness bell

Donations

The app is free and ads-free, and internet connection is not required. I like it that way. But to keep it like that I'll have to ask for your help, if you liked the game. At this link you can read all my reasons for asking money and all the little rewards the awesomest donators can receive. Keep supporting the project to make it grow a lot more, thanks!
https://www.reddit.com/r/gpsmonsterscouter/comments/4rqvzo/donations_and_rewards/

Google play reviews

If you haven't done it already, please review the app on google play! It's important!
If you're still a tester, from the game page in google play you can unsubscribe from the test program and therefore become a regular user after a few minutes, so that you can review it.
Thanks!

Greetings from the Zahze Region

A new Fan

I read this yesterday before going to sleep and it made me really happy. Thank you so much for taking the time to write it, the words of a supporter to a creator always make a difference.
Also all your suggestions are clever and reasonable, so much that... I already thought about them :D We're on the same wavelength, so I'd love to hear more suggestions.

The area theming was cool but I replaced it with a 'better' idea, one a bit ambitious though so it could take a bit of time.
About the level cap you're right, and it's something for when players battles are present.

Greetings from Genmoh, thanks again!

Would love to see actual maps like how google map is.

There is some secret plan to make it resemble the real world in a cool way, but unfortunately I don't think it will come soon, it's a bit ambitious. Thanks for the feedback!

Back