• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
@Shaggy Typhlosion: It looks out of place. Change that green box with the colors from a palette of a message box from the Pokémon games- add a grey boarder or something too. It would look better with the pokémon font used too.

And also if you changed the graphics and made it so that;
4 pixels = 1 pixel

I mean that you double the size of the pics, so that the HUD fit together with the rest of
the PKMN graphics, which are "doubled".

And I agree with Neo Dragon about the font too.

Years
ll1b.png

Who could this mysterious youth be?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
From the way he's centered in the middle of the screen, I'm tempted to say the player... :P

But I bet it's not.

Years
From the way he's centered in the middle of the screen, I'm tempted to say the player... :P

But I bet it's not.
It's close, but I was looking more at what his identity could be ;)

Hint:
Spoiler:

The screenshot has been updated if you want to see what a more finalized design for the character is going to look like.

Last edited:
Years
Considering the clues you gave, I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's Wally.

I can't wait to see what you're concocting, Avatar. Hopefully it will be epic.

Relevant

PACT;; applejuice & nytkoi
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 29, 2010
I adore your work dearly, Avatar. You have great spriting skills.

Here's a sneak peak at a game I'm working on (OW is from the game I had overwrited, and will be changed & please note I have only been working on this for a little while):

2njg17d.gif

gif'd to stop from stealing.

-MetalGardevoir

Relevant

PACT;; applejuice & nytkoi
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 29, 2010
I'm not really sure, now that you mention it... Sorry about that.

-MetalGardevoir

Atomic Reactor

@Avatar: You posted 3 maps on the previous page... The first one looks pretty good. Although, the grass on the top of the cliff looks kinda weird.. It could just be the ledge itself though, it just looks odd to me. idk. The cave map is decent as well, but you may wanna fix the corners of the water. It's the wrong ground tile... I'm not to fond of your map with wally though... It seems to open, and boring. Maybe add an NPC or 2, or some small bushes in front of the lab? idk, it just looks boring.

@cdrew: The maps could do without the shadows from the trainer, imo, it just looks weird. The tiles are decent, but they dont really go along well with the ow's. You may wanna change to DP styled sprites. Those would match better.

Last edited:
Years
@Avatar: You posted 3 maps on the previous page... The first one looks pretty good. Although, the grass on the top of the cliff looks kinda weird.. It could just be the ledge itself though
That is the ledge tile overlapping the grass. I'm well aware of it doing that and will probably remove the tall grass from the edge of the ledge.

The cave map is decent as well, but you may wanna fix the corners of the water. It's the wrong ground tile...
This I'm aware of too. It's mainly because the tileset doesn't have the proper tiles for the water edges so I picked the closest equivalent. I intend to fix it later.

I'm not to fond of your map with wally though... It seems to open, and boring. Maybe add an NPC or 2, or some small bushes in front of the lab?
Granted that this is probably not the best screenshot ever, I designed the map with the official maps in mind which tend to have very little decoration present.
I'll play around with it a little.

Atomic Reactor

Granted that this is probably not the best screenshot ever, I designed the map with the official maps in mind which tend to have very little decoration present.
I'll play around with it a little.

Alright sweet, also, I thought about this after posting, but adding some flowers would look pretty nice to.
And yeah, I've never really been to fond of the official maps, they're to open and boring lol. So I guess you hit the nail on the head their :P I liked your first map the best, cause it seemed more natural than official. But yeah, pretty decent maps in general ;]

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2009
Screenshot Showcase

Here is a nice little screenshot from the dev version Im running. Nothing spectacular here except the nice blue debug background and the fact that ShortHike is running on DirectX version 7. And that the crew module is loaded from an OBJ file ..

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
So I'll just put this up here...

Tarrolatest.png

This region is called Tarro, and it is the major (of 3) region in my game, which I'm working very slowly on. I'm only putting this up for show on a whim. The map contains about a dozen "hidden" areas (places where there aren't routes but where you can go).

You may notice I'm not using a 4th Gen style. Well, that's overdone, and I like this as it is (although I may make one or two minor changes at some point).

Opinions? Oh, and I may consider offering my services as a region map artist (even though in general I'm poor at artwork, things like this aren't difficult). Talk to me to find out more.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
Hehe I like your region map Maruno ^_^ looks nice for the most part...... The only problem I see with it is the green closest to the water there appears to be way to much of it..... Maybe bring a lighter green into it a little bit more... Oh and the edges near the water are kinda jagged looking. I would round em a bit.... I may add some screenies from my game up later (I just took 72 screenies of various areas/ working events x.0)

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Hehe I like your region map Maruno ^_^ looks nice for the most part...... The only problem I see with it is the green closest to the water there appears to be way to much of it..... Maybe bring a lighter green into it a little bit more... Oh and the edges near the water are kinda jagged looking. I would round em a bit.... I may add some screenies from my game up later (I just took 72 screenies of various areas/ working events x.0)
The jaggedness is the pixels. All the other colours are jaggedy too; it's just not as noticeable as for the dark green on light blue. I'll smooth them off in the final version (somehow - I'm not a Photoshop master).

I wanted the coastlines to be bumpy because as far as I know that's what coastlines are like. But there might be too many bumps in places.

I'll also work on the "way too much [darkest green]" thing. The more I look at the map, the more I decide the routes are too square, so I'll see if I can fiddle that a bit.

Thanks for the input!

p!kablu

Map Maker Extraordinaire
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2009
Hey everyone, this is my very first post on the forum, I've been looking at games in development here for ever though. I have been working on my own, here are some of my screenshots, I know it's not alot, but please give opinions :)

I like to think I am a pretty good mapper, I can show off my skills in my game, asfor scripting though, I have absoloutely no idea so i may consider starting a thread and getting a scripter. But in the meantime..
screenshotss.png

screenshotss.png
screenshotss.png
http://img197.imageshack.us/i/screenshotss.png/

Left, screenie of starting town at night, rightpart of route 902.

:D

Here is the starting town that your journey begins, called Everwood Bay

Image is quite large, so heres the link, might be blurred coz of size.
http://img198.imageshack.us/i/everwoodbay.png/

Here is a random route that leads onto a cave early on in the game.
http://img198.imageshack.us/i/route902.png/

P.S Does anyone know why IMG tags arent working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back