• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
That part about Vayne made no sense. Not only does Vayne have a dash, but also a knockback, so I'm failing to understand how you'd even get to her in the first place. It's funny how they're still nerfing Kindred. I haven't seen it in game ever since the first nerfs showed up about 2/3 patches ago.

Speaking of PBE, I'm not sure how I feel about Leona's "Incandescence" buff. It just seems so useless on a champion who's only role is to tank and stun (even when she builds damage she doesn't deal that much). If they made the basic attacks able to blind or short sight, I could see it being a lot more useful (she is the embodiment of the Sun after all...). Shorter cooldowns on Q is gonna be beast.

EDIT: I just realised 6.13 patch is out. That 7 armour nerf on Kindred is painful... But that's not what bothers me most. What bothers me the most is 20 SECONDS ON BLITZCRANK'S AoE SILENCE?! R U SERIUS RITO? RIP any initiator during the late game. And then they stuff up the AI for Zyra's plants. Now it's back to stealing CS from the ADC, like it was pre-rework. At least now Nami has a proper armour item that she can build (Talisman of Ascension).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018
It's very sad that this thread isn't active anymore. But I have a few things to talk about.

So I got this in a hextech chest earlier today:
Spoiler:

My question is, what is the luckiest item you have found in a hextech chest ever?

How is patch 6.14 treating you? Fiora buff, Lee Sin buff, Leona change, taliyah nerf(in my perspective at least) among the few things changed. What have you seen played more often because of the patch?

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
1. I got Spirit Guard Udyr from the free chest that Riot gave out at the beginning. Still haven't saved enough skin shards to unlock it though (might help if it wasn't limited to 1 chest per champion).

2. Eww the Fiora buffs are so disgusting that I might just pick her up (she really didn't need them). The Leona change is barely noticeable. The change to Taliyah's W is messing me up. I've gotten used to her old W and now I find myself accidentally causing it to go the wrong way. Also if you use it a bit out of range, sometimes she walks in range to use it... and doesn't use it. It's annoying. Although pro tip: if you're in a close fight against someone, use Zhonya's and prepare to use your W+E combo. Her new changes allows you to cast both almost simultaneously, and it usually means that you can secure a kill even if you get killed after you cast it.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
VmfZPDz.png

Fiora buffs are giving me a hard on if you all know what i mean ;)

My impressions for the new Ryze so far.. well.. its his 4th damn rework and I can't believe how far Riot has gone in making this champion the way they "wanted" him. I'm missing the spellvamp he used to have but his greatly increased wave clear is something that I like so far.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
I bet the new Pool Party Fiora skin isn't helping you out much is it? XD

I honestly like this Ryze much better. He seems less BS to play against and his ult is so valuable when it's on your team. Some of the coolest plays I've seen a friendly Ryze do includes laying down an ult for me so I can get away and ulting both of us into the middle of the enemy team so I can start the CC Pain Train (i.e. so I can use my knock up, slow, and stun as Sejuani).

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I just watched one of my friends who i was tutoring the whole day win 12 ranked games in a row, and he's on his way out of Silver. He's on his going-for-gold series and I'm wishing him the best. He's been a Swain main and he's been wrecking faces. The only thing that he needs to work on are his CS numbers and of course when to actually leave lane or just push.

I'm like a proud father or sensei, even though said friend is older than I am.

Now he needs to figure out a new champion to play when he gets to the Philippine ELO where they actually ban swain (around high gold-middle plat). Good thing he does say that he's an adept to control mages and I suggested him Zilean which he promises to work with once he finds the time.

Exothermic

Keeper of the Hammer
Years
I'm a League of Legends fan too! Nice to meet you all!

I used to play a lot back in Season 3/4. But nowadays I watch more LPL/LCK than I actually play. :P

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I'm a problem, teammates are a problem, et cetera. I'm trash at this game but I still love it.
4affbf274c894c419ab6caeb85c42762.png

Meanwhile I lost 3 ranked games and won 1 only due to an int feeder. Maybe ranked isn't for me.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Is it just me or does new Ryze feels sooo gimmicky? He feels really silly to play against and they've made him so simple for what is supposed to be an intense combo mage. There are about 3 combos you'll ever have to learn on him and they're given freely to your opponent by the rune tracking system under his HUD and they're all very easy to respond to as he can't even get the speed boost to rush onto you without wasting all his cooldowns first. I dunno I really don't like the feel of him. The new ult is pretty cool (though arguably not very fitting for his role in the game) but I'm struggling to see this Ryze as an improvement so far.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Rito wanted Ryze to be more "control magey" than the once often feared hypercarry "Tanky DPS mage tank support carry jungler he excelled in everything!!!!!!!!!!" (anyone who could get that reference has been in that great part of the League fandom).

They basically gave him wave clear pre-6 which was a problem with past ryze as I cannot say "Old Ryze" anymore considering HOW MANY TIMES RYZE HAS BEEN REWORKED (More than GP btw who had 2 reworks thus having 3 incarnations ladies). Then there's the whole "being less Bullsh*t" to play against (also known has "Counter Play") which is Riot's current favorite design philosophy on their champs given how the reworks to other champs (Darius, Skarner, Mordekaiser, Fiora, Pirate, Poppy, and Shen) have been.

I need to play more to actually see where this now current incarnation of Ryze is but dear lord, he is a lot less fun to play but is less Bull to play against. Rito plz.

Years
Hey, haven't posted here since forever.

I love the new Ryze. E a cannon minion, E it again, Q for the entire wave to be cleared. His damage is also insane since he can constantly throw out Qs and Es. He is actually really broken. The only downside is that the ultimate is kinda meh, because even though it's a huge teamfighting ultimate, Ryze sucks ass in teamfights now, he is better splitting or catching people out. His ultimate is also really hard to actually use properly, since most of the time the enemy team just prepares huge teamfight ultimates for when you teleport and you die.

Anyway, besides that. Currently attempting a mostly Yasuo only climb to Diamond 5 (currently in Plat 2 series to Plat 1). Been doing well so far, only prob is I don't really have a fallback in case Yasuo happens to be banned (and his banrate seems to be increasing), I can play Veigar but can't really carry with any other champion and Veigar isn't that great in "solo" queue.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
So Kled is out... we definitely needed another map mobility ult in the game after the last 50 champions had them? .-.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
And another x-hit passive ability. Don't teams at Riot have anything more creative than "hit x times to deal max HP% damage / gain movement speed / gain 250% attack speed"? And Kled's goddamn passive... Nothing wrong with creating unique champions that challenge players, but sometimes I wish Riot could go back to creating simple champions just for the next release or two. The new champions kits feel so overloaded these days. Kled is going to be able to tank, deal sustained damage, deal burst damage with abilities, provide CC, make a gank, escape a gank, etc. etc.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Do i find it funny that many of the more recent champs and reworked versions of champs have very notable passives that somehow centralizes their gameplay? Just take a good look at the likes of Graves, Malzahar, Cass, and the like. Check their passives.

Years
I really hate how Riot just forces champion into certain roles by giving them dumb gimmicky passives that restrict how they play lately. For example the new champion Kled cannot gain any health from runes, masteries or items. So basically if you want to build any non damage item you will be essentially wasting a ton of gold for literally no reason since most of them give health, his passive doesn't build against jungle monsters so he is being completely forced into top lane too. Btw love how they couldn't come up with a good passive for Cassiopeia so they just decided "Hey memes and jokes, lel!".

Honestly Kled's kit feels unoriginal. It's pretty much just abilities of other pre existing champions but better. Q while mounted gives him a better LB tether that actually does something, Q while unmounted gives him Graves's old Q that also knocks him back, W is a generic every X AA % max health damage every champion apparently has now, with the extra kick of getting huge AS while doing it because it wasn't obnoxious enough, E is a Renekton E that will auto aim the second time cause who cares about skill.

And then there is his ult. Literally Sion ult + Sivir ult combined. And considering the only reason to pick Sion right now is his ult engage which even then is really hard to land, I'm guessing Kled will just push Sion completely out of viability. Good job Riot.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Don't forget to wait 3 patches before Riot actually nerfs the hell out of balances him. Bright side, maybe he'll finally kill the tank meta so we can start seeing other types of champions top lane.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Wait, so is the past nerfs to the cancer tanks in Ekko, Poppy, and Maokai, then nerfs to Grasp, then Trinity Force change and the prevalence of Irelia and Jax not enough for top lane? Fiora's coming back nicely, then Olaf is coming around as well as the "Fiora counter", Trinity top laners being a problem? There's Shen who can completely crap the poopers of Irelia and Jax in the laning phases. Ranged Supports are more picked than Tank melee supports, and tanks are once again back in the jungle.

I dunno what's with some of you people but oh well.

and yeah, restricting a champion to only work on what Riot has designed is kinda dumb. I wanted to have Jungle Fiora during the Fiora rework because Old Fiora could totally jungle and still scale nicely. RIP. oh wait..

Oh and I'm totally paid by Riot to not talk sh*t about them lately because i want some of that Riot moneyzzz so yeah you can all talk trash to Riot and League all ya want but as much as I want to.. I can't now because I'm being payed by Riot to promote league even though I should be promoting Quake Champions instead (because that's the game I'll be playing the f**k out of when it's done)..

oh wait, totally not true story. I ain't no Tmartn. I wish i was still paid 20k USD Skirllaz a month by Riot though, that would be fine and dandy.

Years
Irelia, Jax, Fiora, Olaf, etc. all build 2 items and then go straight tank. Shen, Malphite, Maokai go straight tank. Etc. Currently Hecarim has 80% pick/ban rate with 55% winrate in Plat+ elo, he builds 1 damage item into straight tank and can still burst a carry harder than an assassin.

Seriously tanks aren't fun to play against. You shouldn't be able to be outdamaged by somebody building straight tank even when you spend 3+ of your item slots dedicated to countering tanks. 50% bonus armor pen and LW on Yasuo? Nope tanks can still outdamage you even though they built straight health and resistances and 0 damage. It's retarded. Don't even get me started on how an ADC, a role that should counter tanks thanks to their huge sustained damage, gets destroyed by tanks right now.

The fact that most tank items are a 1k+ gold cheaper than damage items doesn't help at all.

You know what the best Yasuo build is at the moment? It's literally building straight tank. Even a Challenger Yasuo one trick does it.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
I'm still seeing Darius and Garen in the top lane half the time. The other quarter of the time is someone stupid going Yasuo/Vayne (they lose every single time), and the rest might be a Fiora or Ekko. LoL is in this weird state at the moment where everything you are supposed to build is outshined by weird items that you would never think work best for your champion (e.g. flat pen on ADCs who should be building %pen for late game, squishy assassins/mages going full tank and still wrecking stuff because of their high bases, etc.). The only roles that this doesn't seem to apply to are traditional AP/AD mids and supports.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
and I still remember how Tank Akali worked out nicely if you actually had the laning phase. And i find it funny that Full AD Jarvans have become somewhat mainstream because APEX Ray played it on the LCS and won or hard carried games with him. Eat your heart out Zed.

Tyler1 (yes) and many others were right about one thing. They nerf swifties but buff the likes of Ninja Tabi into ridiculous levels, making tanks deal more damage than anything while investing in primary stats that enable them to do their jobs. They ban Tyler1 for being what he is but make tanks so busted for everyone else that isn't in the LCS.

Jesus. Somehow I'm wishing that they buff Armor Pen reds from how it was originally back in the good ole days when Armor Pen reds had 1.33 APEN per piece (which was more compared to its current state of 1.28 per piece) and APEN quints gave 3.33 APEN per piece (which was more compared to its current 2.56) or actually buff the Pen values in the current ferocity tree because 7% Total armor pen for how deep that is in the three is nothing compared to how it was back in Season 3, where you could have +10% Armor pen by investing 9 points in the offensive tree.

On the other hand, it seems that some players have found a place for GP.. Yeah trinity force may sound like a suckish item on GP right now but its still a huge power spike item. Non-critplanks are the GP builds that people are running, using Trinity with its huge stats and Yoummus for the damage, then building Steraks for that Health+Damage and the necessary resists. Tankyplank.

Remember kiddies. We can all thank those lovely keystone masteries for helping every character deal more damage.

Back