• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Himalama

Ghost and Psychic type addict
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
Just a screen showing Aurelia City, and Parker the male character for Turquoise.

aurelia_city_by_cilerba-d3h55ae.png

Whoa! It looks so cool! (especially the overworld and the PC)

On topic:

felma_3_0_at_eerie_lake_by_necroma-d3jg4va.png

Not much yet, just showing my new OW.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
@Himalama I really like your screenshot. It's simple but it works :) the colors and everything gives a good atmosphere

as for me,I wasn't sure if I should post this but here goes anyways:
A screen from the game I just finished.

Attachments

• Showcase.png
    Showcase.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Showcase10.png
    Showcase10.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Map from my open source Game Maker Pokemon game:
load.png

Shadows and Flowers are not included as those are objects, and not tiles.

I am currently looking for someone to improve and make tiles for me. Preferably B/W style. You can track my development at my deviantart page.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
Map from my open source Game Maker Pokemon game:
load.png

Shadows and Flowers are not included as those are objects, and not tiles.

I am currently looking for someone to improve and make tiles for me. Preferably B/W style. You can track my development at my deviantart page.

Looks good, glad to see you are making progress with it! :D

If you want to take a screenie of an entire room, including objects, you could try using:

Code:
// Put in Key Press event or something
var sur;
sur = surface_create(room_width,room_height);
view_enabled = 0;
surface_set_target(sur);
draw_clear(c_white);
screen_refresh();
screen_redraw();
surface_reset_target();
view_enabled = 1;
surface_save(sur,working_directory+"SS.png");
surface_free(sur);

Works great for me when I want to include objects in a screenie OR when I want to take a screenie of a large map.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
lol Never thought of that. Thanks.

By the way, how did you get that animated screenshot on your dA like that? :O

Made GM save a screenshot every step naming them 1,2,3,... etc and then imported them into old GM7, saved as a .GIF and adjusted the speed with Microsoft GIF Animator. :P

The GIF filesize racks up pretty quickly though. The main animated one on my DA is like ~12Mb lol. It does give pixel perfect quality however.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2014
Still got a long ways to go till I'm satisfied with it, but here's some screens of the most polished stuff I have running.... C&C would be great.

batcommand.png

batmoves.png

batpokemon.png

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
Wow, that looks promising, ZeroArmada!

I have a video of Pokemon Shiny Diamond Version's Title Screen:

I hope you like it!
I changed Munchlax into Minccino!

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Title look cool, except the professor(?)'s animation is a bit weird. the outline is screwed up. Should be technically easy to fix up.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2014
Here try one of mine:

4713454.gif

66445164.gif

A little more progress on customizing the battle system, starting to work on backgrounds and bases. My spriting skills are horrific, so I'll be sticking with a slick gradient background smudged a little bit. I'm at a loss for what I should put on the bottom screen though for the introduction of a battle...

battlebq.png

Last edited:

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
greelow_forest_by_pokemondeepbalance-d3od9b0.png

The Greelow Forest is a big forest the player must enter after the beating the Flocoa Gym in order to continue. Many Trainers gather here to train their Pokémon.

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
Here is a mapshot of Maxi-Day City in my new Pokemon game, Pokemon: Swords of Mystery.
mapshot1.PNG

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
Here is a mapshot of Maxi-Day City in my new Pokemon game, Pokemon: Swords of Mystery.
mapshot1.PNG

I have some issues with this screenshot.

(1) You're mixing tiles from pokemon with tiles from other games/places (the odd rock and the odd trees).

(2) You're placing trees (which have grass at their roots) ontop of rocky surfaces. This is something you simply don't see in Pokemon games.

(3) If you are going to place trees, please place them uniformly and with the correct spacing between them. If you don't know what I mean by this then please look at some official pokemon maps to see how they use trees.

The general concept, shape and design of the city is quite good -- it's unique and fairly interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back