• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
If I could make a suggestion, from what I read in this thread (haven't played the hack yet, I only play completed hacks), it is more than possible in a few situations for the player to defeat a trainer when they should, according to the story, lose, causing the game to act as if the player lost the battle when they really won it.

To me, that is bad game design and really awkward in general. I would suggest putting Pokemon on the teams of trainers you are supposed to lose to at level 100, with their stats all at 999, so that way, it is obvious to the player that they are to lose that particular battle, and it makes more sense storyline wise, rather than creating this awkward situation of having a trainer get beaten into the ground, but then having said trainer gloat about their "victory".

Also, please consider making sequel hacks for the Johto and Hoenn regions as well (although if you could fit Johto in this hack, that would be great!). Of course, if you wanted to go even further and do the regions after Hoenn, that would be perfectly fine with me ;).

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
If I could make a suggestion, from what I read in this thread (haven't played the hack yet, I only play completed hacks), it is more than possible in a few situations for the player to defeat a trainer when they should, according to the story, lose, causing the game to act as if the player lost the battle when they really won it.

To me, that is bad game design and really awkward in general. I would suggest putting Pokemon on the teams of trainers you are supposed to lose to at level 100, with their stats all at 999, so that way, it is obvious to the player that they are to lose that particular battle, and it makes more sense storyline wise, rather than creating this awkward situation of having a trainer get beaten into the ground, but then having said trainer gloat about their "victory".

Also, please consider making sequel hacks for the Johto and Hoenn regions as well (although if you could fit Johto in this hack, that would be great!). Of course, if you wanted to go even further and do the regions after Hoenn, that would be perfectly fine with me ;).

Or even better, create alternate story routes so that if we do win certain battles it will acknowledge it.

Years
Thank god this thread is reopened.
I was waiting for the thread to reopen.
The question is that us there any orange islands in ash gray version like its shown on youtube.
If yes then please let me know.
Then don't you know the Latest Beta has Orange Island episodes???. The previous beta covers the whole story about Indigo adventures
Thanks Goodness Meta is back.. Congrats by me !!!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Finally those n00bs who were saying that Meta banished this project will shut up =)
I'll be trying this ASAP.

To me, that is bad game design and really awkward in general. I would suggest putting Pokemon on the teams of trainers you are supposed to lose to at level 100, with their stats all at 999, so that way
Obviously, that cannot be done.
Only thing that can be set is 100lv. You cannot set stats of Pokemon...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I'm sorry for double posting but it's bug report so it shouldn't be bad, huh...?

It's pretty bug-less if I may say o.O
The only visible bugs I saw are those 2:

1) First cargo on Kabuto island has probably 000000 script offset as talking to it freezes the game

2) After Scyther's capture, Tracey speak "inside" of you.

By the way... where's the last episode? I reached the waterfall location and I don't think I can go further... :D

lowkey1202

Unofficial Game Tester
Years
  • Age 11
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
this is my favorite pokemon hack can't wait to play it again and see what else is added and a big welcome back to metapod23 good luck with the hack

Years
Well I started playing this game a while ago and than stopped for a while =) I am going to continue playing it today or tomorrow - or as soon as I find out where do I have to go next since I've forgotten lol

Anyways so far I really love this hack! It's the first hack I encountered that actually follows anime and I love it :3 And I love the different story line and the fact that you can get all three starters <3 I just love this game <3 When I finish playing it I ll give you some more feedback :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
This is always a trend. I find a fan game or video series that I like, next week its put on hiatus, by the time I move on the very next day they release a update.

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
I found a bug where LT. Surge`s sprite is the female trainer on a bike sprite. I will upload a image once I eventually post 15 times and have the ability to do so.

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
I can`t get the mission with the hipnotized children at the top of the mansion. I have talked to everyone and became a member of the pokemon fan club but when I enter the building where the other members give you a drowsee to unhipnotize the children the room is empty

When I got to the snorlax blocking the dam event I can`t do it. If I try to cut the trees it tells me I can`t swim and if I talk to Snorlax nothing happens

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2020
This hack looks pretty cool.
My question is: If a new beta comes out, does the save game available to this new beta or do I have to start it over again?

Years
It says download failed not enough memory, so I deleted over 20mb worth of stuff and it says the same thing. What do I do? P.s im using a android phone

Years
Hey can anyone help me i lost my last save file for the game. Coud anyone upload a save file of yours? i dont wanna start all over again.....:(

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016

There is only one instance of this in the entire game, and it is the Brock battle, which leads directly to you obtaining the light ball, which is crucial in this game.

I'm sorry for double posting but it's bug report so it shouldn't be bad, huh...?

It's pretty bug-less if I may say o.O
The only visible bugs I saw are those 2:

1) First cargo on Kabuto island has probably 000000 script offset as talking to it freezes the game

2) After Scyther's capture, Tracey speak "inside" of you.

By the way... where's the last episode? I reached the waterfall location and I don't think I can go further... :D

Thanks, I've fixed the bugs you mentioned. And you're at the end of the beta.

I found a bug where LT. Surge`s sprite is the female trainer on a bike sprite. I will upload a image once I eventually post 15 times and have the ability to do so.

Hmm, that happened to me when I beta tested it. I deleted the sprite and re-added so hopefully it won't do it again. I have no idea why that is happening.

I can`t get the mission with the hipnotized children at the top of the mansion. I have talked to everyone and became a member of the pokemon fan club but when I enter the building where the other members give you a drowsee to unhipnotize the children the room is empty

When I got to the snorlax blocking the dam event I can`t do it. If I try to cut the trees it tells me I can`t swim and if I talk to Snorlax nothing happens

I'm not sure how the sprites got deleted from that map. I re-added them.

Did you speak to the old man on the rock again after speaking to Snorlax? He is supposed to give you the Poke Flute to wake up Snorlax.

It says download failed not enough memory, so I deleted over 20mb worth of stuff and it says the same thing. What do I do? P.s im using a android phone

I'm really not sure why it wouldn't download on your phone. Sorry.

Thanks for the comments and keep the glitch/bug reports coming!

Back