• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy

The Living Legend
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2009
I like man, I like alot. Only thing is the Menu seems a bit.. Crowded.
I'd say that the menu was busy, which is a good thing, in my opinion. Making things more interesting than in the real games is always a positive for me.

Years
Hi Neo Dragon great project i remember the diamond and pearl experience that you've made with pokemon silk, and i say this you've made really a awsome job :) great pictures my friend. I like the menu system :) are you going to post the pokemon status menu soon ? i would like to seen it ;) keep up the good job

NeoBlade

Child of Origon
Years
*off topic: Neo-Dragon, still haven't got any answer of the pm i've sent you
*on topic: The menu looks really great now, but if i were you, i shouldn't make the windows half-transparant

brockman5

Sprite Master..
Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2007
hey neo...i have been watching this thread for some time now and have been loving this game... if you need help with sprites or testing...anything just let me know...good job man....

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
@Everyone: Thanks for the comments, I love reading them.
Here is an update, so keep those comments flowing in after this.

@NeoBlade: I havn't even read my PMs yet. I have a few, so I'll read them later and get back to you. (im in a rush, so im just posting this update then logging off, you should hear from me soon though :) )

@NeoBlade and Everyone who had concerns with transparency:
Well, I got an update for you all. The option menu is done, and one option is the abilty to turn the trasparent background on or off.
So it's up to the player to chose if they want it or not.
The option screen may look bare, but the reason is, I've coded it so that options can be added along the way.

Enough talk though, here are screenshots with the options adjusted. It's the same set of screenshots, just with adjustments to the message and menu boxs so focus on those :) Example, different frames and messagebox styles and the transparency on or off .

Screens:
optionmenuscreenshot1aa8.png

messageboxstyle4uu2.png
messageboxstyle2gl5.png

messageboxstyle3uc7.png
messageboxstyle1tw7.png

I'd love to hear your feedback.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
i LOVE the new in-game menu Neo-Dragon!!

especially the way it displays the team right there for you :)

keep it up, you're doing a beautiful job :)

brockman5

Sprite Master..
Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2007
i absolutely looooove it too...this may be the greatest hack ive seen in a while.......

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
Hey it looks great! The only thing that looks strange is options menu background. Looks like it should be white. But other than that looks great.

Also I'm guessing that map is some kind of test map? Cos I see some mapping mistakes. Just thought I'd point it out for you. You see the building on the left hand side.. its cut off slightly. Well the flower boxes are in a very odd spot they need to be down at least 7 pixels..
morelikethis.png

Also in the top right corner, where the mountain ends you have the wrong tile instead of grass underneath it is rock.
mistakeno2.png

Also I noticed you used a R/S character.. doesn't blend in with FR/LG graphics.

Other than that the graphics look amazing! I shall be waiting for more juicy updates.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Lol Dash at that pic.....

Thanks everyone for such a positive responce. And yeah, Dash, I think it might be the first game even with a working option screen lol. About the whole frame thing, if you look at the Option screen, the window is alligned a bit to the left, that is because if I want to add ore frames i nthe future, I can expand the numbers easy. At the moment there are 5 of each (menu and messagebox). That could go up to 8 or even 10 before the release.

Thanks Rm2k3kid for pointing that out to me..... It is not a test map, although the chatacter on it is. I have a reason for those errors lol.... hear me out..... lol.....
That map was first done in normal Fr/LG graphics, then when I switched to KyleDoves graphics, I left out certain tiles (example, the right tile for that rock part) and I had alligned those flowers wrong.
I fixed those....

The R/S/E character was a mistake. Was only there for the test (as you can tell by hhis text).
*On a side note, has anyone got FR/LG N.P.Cs in RM2k3 character format that they could send me? I have a select few, but not all of them. I'm not looking for a sheet with them now.... Just in characterset form (since it would save time if they were).*

brockman5

Sprite Master..
Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2007
sorry i dont have them... ok maybe i was a little broad with the greatest hack thing but its very nice...(in my opinion)....coughdashcough...

brockman5

Sprite Master..
Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2007
wow didnt even realize...*stupid me* well this is still a nice....game...

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
Years
Updates are sweet keep up wit da nice game hope you do good...

Peace

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back