• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Manga] List & Chit-Chat on ALL Pokémon Manga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
They did that before, just to keep up with the rate of new pokémon games coming out. BW2's storyline is pretty cool though, so I hope they at least make something Platinum-like with it. An extra arc towards the end.

I'd guess they will publish full volumes once they have finished, but they won't start that until the whole series has finished, likely.

Years
Do you know if Viz has any plans for translating the B2W2 arc? I buy all mine from Viz because I am a sucker and they finished Black and White last year. They're done with everything but B2W2 (not started), XY (started), and ORAS (started).

Also, do you think they're going to release full length volumes of XY and ORAS like they did for BW? They initially released BW in minivolumes then went back and republished them all at full length.

I hope they have the rights for the B2W2 story and are just waiting until the fall to start the new series, personally.

Greenblueredyellow

Greenblueredyellow
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
did anybody else bawl when they were reading ruby and saphire when saphhire confessed to ruby

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Aye. Anyway according to some reports, the BW2 chapters will start coming out on November 25th on an official Japanese Site. They are currently refiring up the current BW2 Chapters. I am personally extremely glad. BW is probably my favorite in everything and I hated the way BW ended. So I am extremly happy that they are continuing after a few years. Just finished reading the rest of BW and just started XYORAS.

And the way XY Manga started was insane.

I can't remember if I cried on that part with Sapphire and Ruby, but there was a few parts I did cry on.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
15826638_10211682497807757_5369404397092457326_n.jpg

My Pokespecial manga CAA 1 January 2017.
Used to be translated by Chuangyi locally, Shogakukan Asia took over the translation since vol. 41 (HGSS arc) because Chuangyi had been closed for a few years already, followed by BW (Completed).
Now they're still continuing on with B2W2, XY and currently just published the first ORAS arc.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I managed to find English copies of some volumes when I was visiting Ireland, so now I finally own vol 1 of the original Pokémon Adventures series as well as vol 1 of the Heart Gold and Soul Silver saga :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Okay, I've finished the HG/SS arc at last! Pretty cool to see the three "villains" unite at the end. But as a whole, I felt the arc was very rushed haha. Typical remake arc...?

Gotten into the BW arc now, enjoying it so far. Unova is so refreshing, and I really love Black and White! They are sooo cute, I ship them. Black is like a mix of Pearl and Red and Gold. Pearl's eagerness, Red's ambition to become a great trainer, and Gold's extreme closeness with his pok?mon. White is just fun and cute c:

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
I just finished XY and I found it really underwhelming compared to the other arcs I've read (RB, Y, GSC, and RS), anyone else feel the same way? I mean, I wasn't the biggest fan of the XY games anyways but I was hoping the manga would help add to the story a bit more.

-Izuna-

Banned
Years
I've found a manga app for my iPhone where they have the BW Pokémon Special manga. I'll keep reading that because it's as good as finished now, right? And I want to get a better feeling for Black and White's personalities

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I've found a manga app for my iPhone where they have the BW Pokémon Special manga. I'll keep reading that because it's as good as finished now, right? And I want to get a better feeling for Black and White's personalities
I like White a lot! But I still haven't really grasped Black's personality. I feel like he's like a mix between Red and Pearl perhaps, he doesn't feel like a fresh new character. White on the other hand is really fun imo.

Years
Man, this thread has been a thing for like.. five years hasn't it? Really blows my mind how fast time flies, haha.

Unfortunately, time hasn't really been kind to this thread in the past few years, I don't think. The activity this thread received seems to be quite sparse and I think in the current age of the internet, a general manga DCC wouldn't really be productive as spontaneous discussion is rather difficult to participate in which is something we're trying to encourage here in Pokemon General. If someone wanted to discuss certain aspects of the manga, I would rather them make a completely different thread about it and allow discussion to flourish there rather than having their discussion point be buried and go unnoticed in a DCC post.

It's for this reason that I think this thread, after five years, finally deserves its rest. For those who still wish to discuss the Pokemon Manga, do feel free to use the Manga tag and create a new thread for your discussions!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back