• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen I have met 2 fails in fire red

Years
1. Tried to capture moltres, it didn't get in the ultra/great balls, why it has such a low capture rate?
2. The same with zapdos, i throwed a lot of ultra balls on him, even in low hp, paralyzed and sleeping, it still doens't get in the ball.
Goddamit, even in red, mewtwo i could capture it with no problem at all.
Does everyone have passed this moment?
And more, i didn't beat elite four yet and i failed to capture moltres and zapdos.
I couldn't capture articuno because...YOU CAN'T SURF IN SEAFOAM ISLANDS!!!
But there is one positive thing, i trained my team until lvl 50-51, i tried defeating all the elite four with my team at lvl 47 and didn't worked, so i decided to go into the three islands to train them a little bit, and it was pretty fun though.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
Years
Your team looks pretty damn good, but I think I know where you might be struggling. Butterfree isn't realy the best bug-flying. U should go fro Scyther imo. The Persian seems okay, but its not the best normal type. Tuaros is really good in this game. But if this is ur team of preference, then go ahead and have fun :) Also about the legendaries, did you knock them out?

Cuz if u did, they may be gone 4ever

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Your team looks pretty damn good, but I think I know where you might be struggling. Butterfree isn't realy the best bug-flying. U should go fro Scyther imo. The Persian seems okay, but its not the best normal type. Tuaros is really good in this game. But if this is ur team of preference, then go ahead and have fun :) Also about the legendaries, did you knock them out?

Cuz if u did, they may be gone 4ever

Yes, i will look at those 2 sometime, and yes i fainted moltres and zapdos, because no matter how much poke-balls i waste, they will not get into it and they might faint my whole team, so i needed to sacrifice my only master ball that i got from the old man in silph co., i will only use to capture mewtwo, for articuno i might want to buy ultra balls or great balls.
And i might use scyther and tauros for a rematch.
Because i am not really sure if they can take out the whole elite four.

Years
Then u wont be able to get them again! FireRed has no mechanisms that provide a respawn of the legendaries! Dont quote me on this, but u could have lost them forever :( just check online on other websites, and see whether thats true or not

Yes :(.
But i will remember saving the game before catching articuno, no worries :).
You forgot that not respawning legendaries happens to r/b/y too.

xanda

I like a good challenge
Years
  • Age 32
  • Uk
  • Seen Apr 23, 2018
Do any know where I can pokemon battle on myboy with others?

Last edited:
Back