• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

~The Sky is the Limit~(The Flying Type Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 23, 2015

The Sky is the Limit
The Flying Type Fan Club!

334.png

Do you love Flying type Pokemon? Would you like to fly high in the skies with your favorite winged partner? Do you just want to fanboy or fangirl about your adoration for flying Pokemon? If so, this is the place for you! Here you can discuss anything and everything Flying typed related and even have your own winged partner!

Members~

• jellicentfan1(jelli)
    469.gif
    (Buzz)
  • CloysterOyster
    Ani641MS.png
  • -Ahsan-
    Ani398MS.png
    (SkyKing)
  • Pokeuser7878 (Matt)
    Ani567MS.png
    (Chop Sticks)
  • Hikari10(Hikari)
    Ani587MS.png
  • Narnia
    Ani227MS.png

Rules~
A must have for a club to be successful!

1. Follow all of PC's rules. (you should know this!)
2. Be respectful.
3. No trolling or harassing the other members.
4. Try to stay somewhat active.
5. Keep the topics about Flying Typed Pokemon.
6. You may select one partner Pokemon and if you decide to change it shoot me a PM!
7. And most importantly have fun! :D

Flying typed Pokemon~
Here are the Pokemon that are of the Flying type! We will be discussing these little guys and this is the list you must choose your partner from!

006MS.png
012MS.png
016MS.png
017MS.png
018MS.png
021MS.png
022MS.png
041MS.png
042MS.png
083MS.png
084MS.png
085MS.png
123MS.png
130MS.png
142MS.png
144MS.png
145MS.png
146MS.png
149MS.png
163MS.png
164MS.png
165MS.png
166MS.png
169MS.png
176MS.png
177MS.png
178MS.png
187MS.png
188MS.png
189MS.png
193MS.png
198MS.png
207MS.png
225MS.png
226MS.png
227MS.png
249MS.png
250MS.png
267MS.png
276MS.png
277MS.png
278MS.png
279MS.png
284MS.png
291MS.png
333MS.png
334MS.png
357MS.png
373MS.png
384MS.png
396MS.png
397MS.png
398MS.png
414MS.png
415MS.png
416MS.png
425MS.png
426MS.png
430MS.png
441MS.png
458MS.png
468MS.png
469MS.png
472MS.png
479FMS.png
492SMS.png
519MS.png
520MS.png
521MS.png
527MS.png
528MS.png
561MS.png
566MS.png
567MS.png
580MS.png
581MS.png
587MS.png
627MS.png
628MS.png
629MS.png
630MS.png
641MS.png
642MS.png
645MS.png

Username(nickname if you wish): jellicentfan1(jelli)
Partner Pokemon: Yanmega
Partner's Nickname(optional): Buzz
Favorite Flying typed Pokemon and why:
Least Favorite Flying typed Pokemon and why:
Answer to one of the current topics:

Current Topic(s)~

• Why do you think Game Freak waited until Gen 5 to make a pure Flying typed Pokemon?
  • Are there any Pokemon that you feel should be Flying typed but aren't?
  • What Flying type Pokemon are you most excited about taking into Sky-Battles in the upcoming X&Y versions?

333.png

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: CloysterOyster
Partner: I'll go and choose the only pure Flying-type, Tornadus ;)
Favorite Flying-type and why: Tough one, but I'll say Ho-Oh because it's powerful, bedazzling and was an important part of my childhood
Least favorite Flying-type: I can't say I dislike any of them
Answer one of the current topics: I'll pick the first one. They probably waited so long for a pure Flying-type to get all the birds and dragons covered before deciding on a pure Flying-type, or maybe they didn't think of the design and what the Pokemon would be until much later as to the delay.

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2017
Username: -ahsan-

Partner Pokemon: staraptor

Partner's Nickname: SkyKing

Favorite Flying typed Pokemon and why:staraptor is the only Flying-type capable of using Close Combat.

Least Favorite Flying typed Pokemon and why: gliscor
Gliscor can learn Hyper Beam and Giga Impact.

Are there any Pokemon that you feel should be Flying typed but aren't?

no

Sirfetch’d

Welcome to the club guys! The OP has been updated with you and your partners!

ClosterOyster cool pick as a partner being the only pure Flying typed Pokemon certainly makes it unique and Ho-oh is one of the best looking Flying types out there because its just simply beautiful. I also agree haha it's hard to hate any flying type as they are all pretty awesome!

-ashan- Nice partner and Staraptor is certainly one of my favorite Flying types as well because it is so powerful and really looks badass compared to most other Flying types. Kinda surprised Gliscor can be anyone's least favorite, but I guess that is because I love it so much haha, but I guess it isn't the best looking one out there at least XD.

Guess I'll do an official sign up:

Username(nickname if you wish): jellicentfan1(jelli)
Partner Pokemon: Yanmega
Partner's Nickname(optional): Buzz
Favorite Flying typed Pokemon and why: Yanmega for me! I have always been a HUGE fan of Yanma, but I always felt it could use an evo because it had so much potential and then in gen4 they gave it just that! Certainly what was needed. Yanmega is both beautiful and powerful and I always find myself using it when battling competitive.
Least Favorite Flying typed Pokemon and why: Really tough choice here, but I will say Ledyba. It is certainly a very cute Pokemon, but incredibly useless in battle and really just cant fit on any team. It just doesn't have any appeal really outside of being kind of adorable!
I am most looking forward to taking my Altaria into a Sky Battle as it looks like a cloud and seeing it fly high in the sky will just be beautiful <3.

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2015
Username(nickname if you wish): Pokeuser7878 (Matt)
Partner Pokemon: Archeops
Partner's Nickname(optional): Chop Sticks

Well it's hard to pick a favourite as i used to play an online pokemon simulator, and i was one of the Flying Type Gym Leaders on a server, and I would have to say Gyarados, just for the reason of how good and reliable it is in competitive in OU battling

Least Favorite Flying typed Pokemon and why:

My least favourite pokemon is Tropius because i just dont have a particular interest in the pokemon, i wouldnt really class Tropius as being a flying type, as it's wings arent very big, and some pokemon that arent flying types have bigger wings than Tropius. It just doesn't really physically appeal to me.

What Flying type Pokemon are you most excited about taking into Sky-Battles in the upcoming X&Y versions?

I really want to use that new TalonFlame as it's design has really made an Aesthetic Appeal to my likes, and it will definetely be one of the first pokemon ill be using in X/Y

Years
Flying is one of my top type choices for my teams so definitely joining!

Username(nickname if you wish): Hikari10 (Hikari)
Partner Pokemon: Emolga
Favorite Flying typed Pokemon and why: I love most of the powerful ones like Archeops, Staraptor, Sigilyph and Yanmega. But also the cutesy ones like Ducklett, Woobat and Emolga. In fact I do have several fave Flying Pokemon.
Least Favorite Flying typed Pokemon and why: The three Kami Trio legends, Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus. There's something I didn't like about their designs.

Answer to one of the current topics: I think a good Flying-type I'd love to use in a Sky Battle in X & Y would be Noivern. I fell in love with its awesome wyvern/sound/fruit bad hybrid design and I've never used Dragons as main team members a lot and I bet this thing will be really cool to see in action.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
JELLI THIS IS A COOL CLUB SLIROERT. <3

Username (nickname if you wish): Narnia
Partner Pokemon: Skarmory

I have a lot of favourite flying-types! They're my favourite type and naturally I love all of them quite a bit. If I had to choose it'd be a tie between Skarmory/Drifloon or Tropius. They all used to be Pokemon that when I first started out, I didn't think would be anywhere near my favourites. I was wrong, completely. I love all three of them for different reasons. Pokemon don't have to be huge and ferocious, to be great team members. Drifloon is a shining example of this. So many times I've placed this cheerful balloon on my team, so many times have I trusted and loved it like an old friend. Drifloon will forever be one of my favourite Pokemon, I don't care if it compares nowhere near Hydreigon! I've loved it since.. I can't even remember. It just shines for me, just like how certain Pokemon shine for others.

Skarmory is an interesting one. I can't remember why I started liking it. I mean the eyes always used to scare me, but over time I realised it was quite special. Come on, think about it! Birds generally can even get weighed down by rain. But look at this- a bird made of steel! That's pretty wicked in my eyes. Plus I can't tell you how many times Skarmory has saved me in competitive and in-game battles.

Finally, Tropius! I've only taken a liking to it recently. Like, two weeks ago? But yeah, it's a really cool dinosaur! I've never used one but I'm slowly taking a liking to its design and its typing is pretty cool, I've got to say.

Actually I consider flying anything with wings/or anything levitating off the ground which sounds quite silly, but yeah. Although I've gotta say I can't actually think of anything that isn't flying to be retyped into flying.

Sirfetch’d

Matt really cool partner you picked there! Archeops is one of my favorite Pokemon to use because of it's pure power and speed which can easily take down most unprepared teams. It's only problem is its awful ability, but I guess it would be overpowered with out it. As for your favorite mon, Gyarados is certainly an interesting pick, but a really cool and strong mon! Out of curiosity though, do you think it should be flying type? Because most people think it should be water/dragon instead!

Hikari, I knew you would pick a gen 5 Pokemon as your partner! Emolga is adorable and one of the most unique Pokemon. A FLYING SQUIRREL IS AWESOME! You also listed quite a big list of favorites but I like all of the ones you listed! And I'd agree that the Kami legends aren't the best because they are very ugly, however they are great in battle and I always find myself using them! Do you prefer the Incarnate or Therian formes if you had to pick?

HI SOPHIE!! Skarmory is one of my favorite Flying types as well because it is a pure wall. It can take physical hits better than most pokemon and is so great in competitive. It is also cute as well! All of your favorites are adorable especially Drifloon because <333333333333333333333333 So CUTE! As for Tropius, when I first saw it I never would have guessed it was flying type! Did you?

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2013
Username(nickname if you wish): MagikarpIs$parta (Karpy)

Partner Pokemon: Honchkrow

Partner's Nickname(optional): HeadHonchkrow

Favorite Flying typed Pokemon and why: Personally my absolute favorites HAVE to be Honchkrow and Gliscor because Honchkrow fits my background in real life and Gliscor is great all around; in both appearence and competition.

Least Favorite Flying typed Pokemon and why: Personally my least favorite is Drifblim because it just looks...well...awful. \(._.)/

Answer to one of the current topics: The 2 Pokemon I'm looking forward to taking into Sky Battles are Hydriegon and...Pikachu. ._.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Username(nickname if you wish): MagikarpIs$parta (Karpy)

Partner Pokemon: Honchkrow

Partner's Nickname(optional): HeadHonchkrow

Favorite Flying typed Pokemon and why: Personally my absolute favorites HAVE to be Honchkrow and Gliscor because Honchkrow fits my background in real life and Gliscor is great all around; in both appearence and competition.

Least Favorite Flying typed Pokemon and why: Personally my least favorite is Drifblim because it just looks...well...awful. \(._.)/

Answer to one of the current topics: The 2 Pokemon I'm looking forward to taking into Sky Battles are Hydriegon and...Pikachu. ._.

Welcome! I've always loved Honchkrow as well. Quite badass in my eyes, it looks like the big cheese of Pokemon if you know what I mean. I've also always found its abilities really fun to use, Moxie and Prankster, what more could you want? I like Gliscor quite a bit as well, a dracula-like bat with a great appearance and all sorts of methods for battling. Oh balloon Pikachu. That'd be pretty cool to see in a Sky Battle, gotta say. Any flying things in there would be badass though to be honest.

Also to answer Jelli's question, I kind of suspected it to be flying? I thought it was Grass/Dragon at first to be completely honest. I've always considered dragons, Pokemon that are simply too powerful to be put into another typing and have this beastly look to them. I guess dinosaurs were in my books of what classified as a dragon too, at the time. I did kind of also suspect flying though, it had these wing-like things, so it was just a suspicion. Tropius is still cool though, no matter what type it is. <3;

Years

Tropius definitely. I thought that thing was Grass/Dragon or even pure Grass at first, but I have to admit I was surprised at its typing, I didn't even know the leaves on its body were actually used as wings. The fact that it was dinosaur-like was what made me get confused about its typing in the first place.

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2015
I do not agree with Gyarados being a dragon type because it looks to me sometimes in the anime that it floats out of the water.

I think gyarados is a flying type, as the way it glided up the waterfall in the episode "Pikachu's Rescue Adventure" Plus it has like those small flying type features, which also mix into Water Type featurs, as if u see along its back their are Wing-Like shaped Fins, as well as having Wing like shaped Ears.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
The owner of this club has left the forum - if anyone wants to take over as the new owner please let me know! :)

Years
I was looking to start a Flying type club myself but I think I've found what I needed.

Username(nickname if you wish): Seattle (John)
Partner Pokemon: Lugia
Favorite Flying typed Pokemon and why: Lugia, because it was my first ever legendary and it looks really cool.
Least Favorite Flying typed Pokemon and why: Zubat, because it's just annoying to encounter in caves.
Answer to one of the current topics (Why do you think Game Freak waited until Gen 5 to make a pure Flying typed Pokemon?): I don't know for sure, obviously, but best guess is that it just didn't hit Game freak employees' mind until then.

Sirfetch’d

Welcome Seattle! I can certainly see why you would see Zubat as your least favorite because of how annoying it can be. I do wonder though...are you a fan of Crobat? I know tons of people hate Zubat, but I don't see many people that dislike its final evo because of how great it is.

Years
Crobat isn't encountered in the wild, therefore it's much less annoying when you see it, which is probably why it gets much less hate than its pre-evolution counterparts.

Sirfetch’d

True. Not to mention that he is such a cool battler and looks better than his two pre-evos.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
Username: advancedbattle
Partner Pokemon: dragonair
Partner's Nickname: draggy
Favorite Flying typed Pokemon and why: staraptor, cuz of it's awesome hair
Least Favorite Flying typed Pokemon and why:Doduo, it doesn't even look like a flying type
What Flying type Pokemon are you most excited about taking into Sky-Battles in the upcoming X&Y versions?: Staraptor, if i had a chance

Sirfetch’d

Welcome to the club, adcancedbattle! Staraptor is am amazing choice because of his pure strength. In fact he is so strong and learns such great moves that he can't be used in a tier below OU in battling! That is impressive for a generic bird Pokemon. As for your least favorite I saw you picked Doduo and I agree with you in the fact that it doesn't look like a Flying typed Pokemon really because it has no wings, however isn't he based off of an Ostrich? Those are considered birds so I guess that is why he is Flying type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back