• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor)

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
well sure, you can give me the hex solution..
"At 0xCE91A change the next 4 bytes to 00 00 14 E0" - this is what i have right now and nothing happens when i use stone..
i also tryed this: "In a clean FR ROM, it should have "97 28 14 DD" at 0xCE91A. If it says 00 00 14 E0, change it to that, then change the 97 to FB" but still nothing.. so i hope you can help me i would really appreciate it since my progress on making the game stopped :/

To make the evolutions work for both stone and everything else, do the following edits:

0xCE91A: 00 00 14 E0
0x126C4D E0

The first one is for everything else, and the second is for stone evolutions.

Note: If a Pokémon is trying to learn a move when it evolves (Marshtomp learns Mud Shot as soon as it's evolved), the game freezes. So keep that in mind.

There's a limited amount of evolutions a Pokémon can have. It caps at five. You're trying to make Eevee have six, which is invalid.

You mean in YAPE it's the limit. You can have way more than 5. This is one reason why you should not use YAPE at all.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 8, 2023
To make the evolutions work for both stone and everything else, do the following edits:

0xCE91A: 00 00 14 E0
0x126C4D E0

The first one is for everything else, and the second is for stone evolutions.

Note: If a Pokémon is trying to learn a move when it evolves (Marshtomp learns Mud Shot as soon as it's evolved), the game freezes. So keep that in mind.

You mean in YAPE it's the limit. You can have way more than 5. This is one reason why you should not use YAPE at all.

so i should NOT let them allow to learn the move right
?i will just change the moves level for level after evo and it should be fine i guess
btw its working, i love you :P

well in g3hs it is allowed to have up to 8 evos if im not mistaken..

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 120
  • Seen Mar 21, 2018
Hello Silver !! : D

I was following a tutorial about adding new moves to PKM RED http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=290135

After changing the ROM.ini data for RED on YAPE i was able to see the moves i edited in the new table, but it was only showing the first 354. (i know its working because changed YAPE ini back and the old table showed up)

There is any way for me to make YAPE show my complete list of moves ? (511)

Many Thanks

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
I get the error "error reading learned moves" when I try to open glazed

any idea how to fix, please? someone?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 1, 2015
Hey I got a question about some parts if someone could explain them, its all in the evolution tree part. I have no idea what "Breeding only does" or "allow pokemon creation" and last "create Extra pokemon" I must sound stupid right now but my brain just can't wrap around it >_<

Years
Hey I got a question about some parts if someone could explain them, its all in the evolution tree part. I have no idea what "Breeding only does" or "allow pokemon creation" and last "create Extra pokemon" I must sound stupid right now but my brain just can't wrap around it >_<
Me neither. Do yourself a favor and download either Gen 3 Hacking Suite(G3HS) or Kurapika's gen3 editor(G3T). These two tolls offer much more than YAPE which is a very outdated tool.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 5, 2015
What is the chaos egg group? It says that chimecho is in that group. I have tried looking it up but I cant find anything about it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2020
Is there any way to add more than 5 evolutions for a Pokemon? I want all 8 Eeveelutions but it wont let me add more than 5.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2016
Thanks for this amazing tool !

Yet, I'm still confused by something : I know that to add a move to a Pokemon, you have to delete a move from another Pokemon (some evolution has the same attack twice).
What I want to do : I want to delete the move from the Pokemon "???" (between Celebi and Treecko), but the "delete/remove" button is still grey/is not working. I cannot remove it. So, is it possible to remove the "???" Pokemon attack ?

Note : I use Pokemon Fire Red.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 13, 2016
For some reason I cant download it.
It seems to be really nice but is the link broken? meh, too bad..

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 25, 2016
Hey, This may make me a noob, but I patched my Fire-red rom with the 1020 pokedex rom base. (Adds all pokemon, abilities, megas, etc.) However, when I try to open the rom in any of my regular editors (advanced map/Yape), It either doesn't recognize the new additions, or gives me an error. I've tried messing with the .ini files for Yape, but I can't find data for all the fields. And with Advanced Map, I can't figure out which .ini to edit. What am I doing wrong?

xiechayghe

Jacks
Years
My Yape told : "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
InvalidArgument=Value of"0"is not valid for "SelectedIndex"
Parameter name: SelectedIndex"
Help me

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 14, 2018
I open up a new ROM file of Pokemon Ruby, and it give me a error saying: 'Error Loading ROM: Error Reading Base Stats'. What do I do?
It runs my Pokemon Emerald file fine.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I open up a new ROM file of Pokemon Ruby, and it give me a error saying: 'Error Loading ROM: Error Reading Base Stats'. What do I do?
It runs my Pokemon Emerald file fine.

Your best option is to use a more recent tool; YAPE is almost ten years old, and it's very outdated. I'd suggest using Gamer2020'sPokemon Game Editor (PGE) or Kurapika's Gen 3 Tools (G3T) instead.

Leandro Zam

Brasileiro
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2021
Thank you very much for the tutorial, I hope you continue the good work, I will always be accompanying you to give you prestige.

Back