• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
I've been thinking about getting back into league again(yay!). I watch a lot of league videos on YouTube still so I kinda know the meta....but not really. What are the "in" champs right now? Is the top lane tank meta still dominating? Is the new rock champ really a trash pile?

The people complaining about Taliyah are plebs who think she's a burst mage. Taliyah's role is a control mage (i.e. restricts the enemies' movements/choices with spells), and she's a fiiiiiiiine one at that. I bought Taliyah on Day 1 and just messed around with her, and I can't imagine how powerful she is in the right hands.

Unlike the plebs who think she has only one good ability, Taliyah excels because of her other two abilities and ult. Her main source of damage actually comes from her E+W combo. While I recommend maxing Q on her for shorter cooldowns, all the damage you need is usually found in your E. Max E second for strong waveclears and displacement power. Use her ult to gank, roam, or even catch someone off guard. The strongest use I've found for her ult is to gank bot, but use it to cut off the enemy ADC and support from their tower. They usually have to waste flash to get over it or be forced to fight a 3v2 (if you choose to join them) or you could even coordinate a 4v2 with your jungler. Her kit just requires familiarisation and good decision making rather than mechanical skill (which I am grateful for, cause I suck mechanically).

As for items, it's pretty much universally agreed on that Rylai is the strongest item for her, as it makes your kiting ability out of the world (imagine spamming Qs into the enemy as they're chasing you; bonus points if you can put Es up in choke points). Depending on your lane however, you usually don't want to rush Rylai. If you don't need a Zhonya for Zed, you should generally build a mana item first, cause short cooldowns = more spells = more mana spent. Your options are Crystal Tear, RoA, Morello or Hextech GLP-800. All of them are solid and which one you choose depends on your playstyle. The rest of the build you can build any variety of the mage items available (past Rylai, she's really versatile).

I personally don't think Taliyah is trash. She's really powerful as a zone control mage. While she may not have Anivia's team fighting or Zyra's burst, she is very mobile through her passive and ult and can set up wicked plays. Hopefully that reallyyyyy long explanation helped you out XD If you're unsure, just wait till her free week in 2 weeks time. Worst case scenario: you try her, you don't like her, you move on, no harm done.

Did I mention that she's INSANE in URF?

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Random thought, since I don't plan on sleeping tonight:

Leona has a really nice "breastplate" if ya'll know what I'm sayin. And Leona is still pretty fun to play around with for some of dat bursty bot lane action.

Pardon the immature Leona buub size fantasies though, because its a reality. Anyway, I'll be playing MOAR league soon and make an assessment to our new patch. Right now, I'm just reading LoL-esports related articles, looking for some sweet delicious LoL Drama to feed into my... well I can't say it since PC is still PG ;)

Years
  • Age 34
  • EU
  • Seen May 31, 2018
Hey all,

playing League right now :). I'm a support main EUW. Names Tiernanze add me!

Also I'm looking for an ADC main to play ranked with.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
One thing I've observed lately, but then again its from the last patch so w/e...

Black Cleaver's becoming so common again. I love it. The -5 AD (from 55 to 50) in exchange for a gold cost reduction has made the item so slot and cost efficient, its driving me crazy, in a great way of course. BORKRazor (Bloodrazor + Blade of the Ruined King) + Black Cleaver is such a lethal combination.

Speaking of BCleaver, Ive also noticed the rise of the "new KOREAN" Lucian build of Youmus + Black Cleaver. Its so wonderful.

Also, Gnar is coming back in the game, which is awesome. I actually like it when I'm playing with actually good Gnar players. The Black Cleaver power spike he gets is so insane that cancertanks (Ekko and Poppy) are getting their butts whipped and being given a new dunghole. And people (especially in the EU/NA Challenger Series scenes) have been picking Gnar as a counter to Maokai.. I love it.

TLDR: Tanks are dying again. So its all good ;)

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Omfg that Lucian build is so cancerous it makes his infinite E dashing he had on PBE (a long while ago) look balanced. He just screws over tanks and carries, and it sucks so hard. Even if you get to him, his E is up again and he's gone.

I played a lot of Gnar when he came out. He was my main go-to top laner for quite a few months. I can't actually remember why I stopped playing him (I think I just stopped playing top in general). The new Trinity Force might boost him up even more, although I only want the new TF so I can build it on Irelia.

Leona is my all time favourite support to play. She's just so tanky (when you're not against fricken Lucian or Vayne) and she has SO MUCH tilt. Like I occasionally would walk out of the bush towards the enemy and they use Flash, it's bloody hilarious XD

If you want to talk about breastplates, I think Diana's breastplates are really, really underrated. Just look at Dark Valkyrie's in game model; the armour looks like it's choking her breasts. But hey, you should judge a woman by the organ behind her eyes, cause even ones with perfect racks can make your life a living hell (i.e. Diana comes off as a bit of a fanatic. I hope you favour sightseeing under the stars rather than a nice day out in the sun :P )

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Btw guys, those who like playing AP should probably abuse Protobelt for now because of how slot and cost efficient the bloody item is. 2500 gold for some AP, a bit of CDR, some HP, and that really strong active that just adds so much extra burst.

Ahri, Akali, Diana, Annie, Ekko, Leblanc, Fizz, AP-RENGAR, Fiddlesticks, heck even AP-JAX all benefit from Protobelt because of how much extra burst the item active adds to their already bursty combos. I love it. Heck, Nightblue even made Protobelt Jungle ZAC look really busted. 4000 HP with the burst of an AP assassin? HELL YES!!

PS: I'm planning to actually try it out on AP Jax as soon as i get playing, and risking games to test it out. I love playing AP Jax. Btw, lets not complain about how Protobelt is so stronk right now before Rito realizes it. I'm already betting my cock (not that cock btw) that they are already looking at how gold efficient the item currently is X__X.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Well fortunately, I had a game where we had A taliyah top just completely demolish a Zed. Then again, why would someone play Zed on top... oh wait, because the other team had a Mid lane Ahri. Then again, the other team had no TP with either of their solo lanes. FLASH IGNITE! FLASH INGITE! When will people learn.

Also, I forgot how to play Graves. I found myself either just KSing with Ulti or dealing some damage but not really kill people. But a win's a win.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Well fortunately, I had a game where we had A taliyah top just completely demolish a Zed. Then again, why would someone play Zed on top... oh wait, because the other team had a Mid lane Ahri. Then again, the other team had no TP with either of their solo lanes. FLASH IGNITE! FLASH INGITE! When will people learn.

Also, I forgot how to play Graves. I found myself either just KSing with Ulti or dealing some damage but not really kill people. But a win's a win.

Dude I don't understand why people say Zed 'hard counters' Taliyah. I was against a Zed mid lane and got 4 kills before lane phase even ended (even scored a double kill by roaming bot XD). But bot and top fed hard anyway, and jungler didn't seem to know what he was doing (it was a Rengar; he built Shiv before finishing his jungle item). It was a shame though, I loved tossing people into my E and watching their health go down by half.

EDIT: Bloodrazor Irelia though...

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Bloodrazor Irelia is basically like having sex with Irelia herself = YOU GOTTA DO IT!

in a more important news that I feel like I wanna discuss with PC's own League players:

RIP Solo queue forever:
RIP Solo queue forever, Dynamic Queue and the future

So what do you guys think of Solo queue now forever cancelled thus alienating the long time playerbase of those who believed that climbing the ranked ladder should have purely been more of a Solo or Duo queue experience?

We had a talk like this before, but it was a huge speculation of Solo queue being cancelled but Riot has now finally made it official.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
I hate the removal of Solo Queue. I don't play Ranked often at all, but when I do, it's usually against a premade team of 3 or 4 people. While I couldn't care less, that usually tilts my team mates and makes them do stupid shit (not that LoL players don't do that on a daily basis).

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Okay, I'm not against the nerfing (once again) of Boots of Swiftness for the next update but I am triggered as heck with Dynamic queue forever replacing the way we have to climb the league now. I've mentioned this before that I still believe that climbing the ranked ladder is best experienced playing on your own and with other nobodies or at least having a duo partner to tag along, especially for Jungler and Support mains who really want to develop synergies with carry players (Jungler-solo lane synergy and of course Support-Marksman synergy), but dear god, having to play against premades that you have no intention of playing against is something that we now have to deal with in a permanent basis. I've mentioned it before that not everyone has the time to create their own premades in order to combat the ridiculousness of Dynamic Queue, and most people still prefer to play on their own and do their best. I'm so triggered right now.

Now, excuse me as i start ripping and tearing demons instead of hitting the rift for a couple of days. Sorry Riot, and Tyler1's Draven build is best Draven build!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Is it my job to save threads from being archived? YES I DO!

So, reading up on the latest things. Oh my god. I'm loving this patch. Trinity Force change has turned a lot of top lane bruisers and even jungle fighters into killing machines. Irelia's already getting a slight nerf next patch because of her rising status in viability and OPness. Sure Riot. Thanks for the memories.

But Corki's getting buffed since the Trinity Force change has made him so useless. No more Triforce power spike so they decided to buff his skills.

and here's one of my latest shenanigans in League. This was ranked boys and girls:
v98vSVC.jpg

Of course its already common as a Jungler like myself to Outdamage underperforming laners.

Playing with a boosted riven, and just look at that Riven's damage dealt to champions... My Damage dealt to champions could have been much higher if 1) The Riven was not a boosted monkey, 2) I could have built more damage items (I already had my Trinity Force + BorkRazor combo, and I was so ready to get Rageblade) but the f***king Riven was so bad, and 3) Our Ashe may have dealt most of the damage but Jesus christ, was it too hard to ask for her to play more safely? Then again that's what happens when you have ONE MEMBER in your team like our Riven being such a boosted monkey.

Also, Picking MF when our team already had Ashe. You already know, that's going to be bad. Right? Obviously but boosted animals do not think so.

Oh and the enemy team was bad because it was their ZYRA, THEIR SUPPORT ZYRA who carried them. Ranked boys. Ranked...

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
Rule 1 of League of Legends: Ensure that before every loss, you throw the blame onto your jungler or support. This will make the enemy team think you're actually good (even though your KDA is 0/15/2), and will open their eyes to show that it really was the (4/5/12) jungler's and (1/3/7) support's fault.

EDIT
Rule 2 of League of Legends: If a jungler or support takes the kill during a gank/skirmish, ensure to flame them for taking the kill that will help them stay relevant in the game, rather than focus on the lane advantage you have just received in terms of gold and XP. Also, if your jungler just ganked and you recalled, make sure to ping crazy at them to leave lane while you're still at base, because they are taking 'your' XP and farm.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
(Is this how this once historic thread is going to be like? Well okay)

Rule 3:
When you play Draven, and everyone steals your kill even if it means you have to pop your flash into it, run to the enemy tower and suicide. You get an instant S+.

Rule 4:
If you are a jungler, and you go 18-0-18 and your whole team feeds and you still won the game, report your own team. Honor the enemy.

Rule 5:
When you pick Xin Zhao but equip a keystone like Thunderlords instead of Fervor of Battle or Strength of the Ages (btw both options are good. I should know. I SHOULD KNOW), please uninstall game and don't blame me for not being able to climb out of your ELO and you claiming yourself as a Xin main. Please. Play overwatch if you don't want to worry about runes and masteries and items anymore.

Rule 6:
If you think you are playing poorly or not having the winrates that you deserve but you clearly are playing very well, blame Riot for everything. constant 2 week patch changes, thus you never really get any real practice unless you are a slave to the game, always read patch notes or PBE notes, live, eat, sleep, breathe, and probably have smutty sex with League of Lulz like it was the girl you always wanted to be with, because that's going to be your life if you want to reach Challenjour or maybe at least Masters. Since i already did, time for me to let it Decay Down to Diamond 1 again and at around 60+ LP so that I don't have to deal with the 10 Day vacancy bullcrap that Riot enforces to Master and Challenger tier players.

Rule 6.5:
Remember kiddies, MMR (The "hidden" winrate that you yourself can only see) is still more important than the Tier that you are at. You can be Plat something but with a decent MMR does increasing your chances of usually having good games, or you could be Diamond 5 but have really piss poor MMR that you always get clown fiesta games.

Rule 7:
Every time you try searching up for Ecchi artwork of Ahri, a Teemo dies. So do it!

Rule 8:
Everytime you commit a misplay, just always say "Lag" and people won't judge you. Not joking. Legit bros

Rule 9:
Ahri is actually a still decent character. Don't whine if Riot has not touched her (that's what she said) for a couple of months. Protobelt Ahri is quite busted, and smutty.

Rule 10:
Keep asking Riot for replays and eventually they might put that in the new client that they have been working on. Otherwise, voice out your opinions that Riot is being lazy, complacent, and being cringeworthy, and hope that you do not ever get an indefinite ban.

Rule 11:
If you face a RIoter or a bunch of them in a ranked game, make sure that you actually DO NOT overperform so that you do not become a reason to have your favorite champs get nerfed the next patch in their 2 week cycle.

Rule 12:
League is still sexier than DotA. Seriously guys. Ahri > Lina League is still sexy even if Overwatch is starting to become the sexier game. Ahri still wins, and Xin (the league champ) is still the manliest champ around.

Rule 13:
Remember kiddies, your own region is still far from the toxicity of the PH (Filipino) League Scene. So be glad you aren't playing in my region where its hard to climb because of all the monkeys that play in our server.

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
POKELEAGERS COME ON! THIS THREAD NEEDS TO LIVE!

So i decided to play just a Normal game since I have not played League for like 20 F***kin days.
4PdibZF.jpg

Yep. But i didn't get my S Rank oVo when i made several plays of the game with my Runic Echoes Hecarim. I was going for the Hybrid Hecarim build that people are doing now to him..

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
The ranking system is busted dude. Yesterday I decided to go Quinn jungle to try a new Ghostblade>Boots of Swiftness>Stattik Shiv build I saw on the Internet. Unfortunately their Kha got fed and kept wrecking everyone. The game went on for 66 minutes, they almost destroyed our Nexus twice, but miraculously the team pulled together and we won. I should tell you our Thresh was 18/19/35, built full AD... And got an S+. This is the full stats of the game (go to "Matches" and click on the first match, about to start an exam so I can't be bothered screenshotting it; http://www.lolking.net/summoner/oce/981589#matches/138321836).

Metatron

No guts, no glory
Years
Oh man, league of legends is my game.

I've been playing since 2012, peaked at plat 4 last season but haven't been able to get out of gold yet this season. I'm always down for a game if you all wanna add me. Summoner name is "Our Savior Trump."

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
"Our Savior Trump

Great IGN :))

Anyway:

Well i've been reading some of the (stupid) reasonings behind a TENTATIVE BUT MAJOR change to Kindred coming 6.13

Gypsylord
"Kindred changes should hit her dueling but new wolf maim preserves her ability to clear pretty effectively. 50% DR and Slow is a big deal."

"Kindred changes are harsh but likely needed. Here's the problem. We've historically had to balance Kindred around the fact that kiting jungle mobs has a huge delta between experienced and non-experienced players. Kite well and you take no damage. Kite poorly and you might not be able to complete your first clear.

As such Kindred has historically had to have very high base stats and healing to ensure that she can clear, even when not kiting optimally. This resulted in a character who was insane when played well. She's a ranged character who gets to run around at full health all the time with the base stats of a melee on top of that.

The changes to wolf are trying to address the kiting delta. The assumption is that if we can make Kindred's jungle kiting easier (wolf slows jungle monsters and causes them to attack less frequently) we can then take away her Melee champion base stats without the previous side effect of making her unable to clear the jungle.

End result? Kindred becomes an actually squishy champion (similar to other ADC's) which allows burst and melee focused characters to take advantage of her easier in the early game. Then if she's too weak, we can put power back into her spells. It's a lot more fair for Vayne to jump around and deal a bunch of damage to you if she actually takes damage when you jump on her."

Guys, I need more caffeine. I'm going to borrow AngryJoe's BULLSH*T translator and actually spell out this whole reasoning by Riot.Gypsylord regarding their context of nerfing the f**k out of Kindred. And I've been playing a lot of Kindred lately ever since i learned the champ a few months ago.

Riot is getting stupider and stupider with some of the changes they have been making. Oh sure nerf Swiftee boots.

Back