• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who was your MVP?

Lifebloom

Brooklyn We Go Hard
Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
My Adamant Krookodile with Moxie fo sho. That thing just completely demolished the E4 with STAB Earthquakes/Crunches. Ghetsis' Hydreigon gave my team a ton of trouble though, but Outrage saved the day. So MVP definitely goes to my main man Krookodile <3

ClumzyTrainR13

Storm Caster
Years
For my Pokémon White, Samurott. For Pokémon Black 2, Samurott. For previous games, water starter. Especially Black 2, because my Samurott had already reached level 76 by the time I reached the League, and wiped them all single-handedly! (with a bit of help from Lucario and Darmanitan, of course). I don't know what it is, but I couldn't have done it without him! *cough* profile pic *cough*

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
Ninetails... I leveled the heck out of her because I wanted to try for the solo pokemon medal... it didn't happen lol but I got close.

Tea_with_Kyary

Kabocha Hime
Years
for me, Ampharos :D With the move set, "charge, discharge, cotton guard" and "strength"....won me, well, pretty much the last half of the game ^^ That scientist guy who temporarily joins team plasma (his name escapes me, lol) destroyed my entire team except for ampharos. I keep all my pokemon at the same levels too. But all his steel mega-poke's destroyeth the rest of my team...so i had to slowly...slowwwly...SLOOOOOWWLY, TEDIOUSLY chip away at his pokemon til i managed to win....boy that was a long, ridiculous battle....but after that...i was like, man! Ampharos is BOSS!

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I have Serperior named Regium named after it's royal roots(no pun untended). It has basic Grass Staller moves(Leech Seed, Toxic, Protect) and can survive alot of punishment that is dealt towards him. Every battle I used him results with him knocking out the most of the opponent while Regium still has near-full Hp.

Pikapia

The One Who Will Destroy Everything
Years
Emboar!! I love fire types, and Emboar will always be my #1... except in Pokémon Y. xD

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
Years
My MVP in Detail

ZEKROM L100
Met at Lv70, Dragonspiral Tower
OT: ZEKROM(12777)
Jolly Nature(Speed Up, Sp.Atk Down)
Strong willed
Judge: Decent all around
Best stat by Judge: Sp.Def

Ability: Teravolt
Held Item: Leftovers

HP: 327
Atk: 345
Def: 283
Sp.Atk: 256
Sp Def: 252
Speed: 237

Moves

Dragon Claw
Crunch
Fly
Fusion Bolt

It's kind of weak for a Zekrom actually, because I did not EV train it and spammed 14 rare candies on it. To make up for the loss of effort points through 14 rare candy level-ups, I spammed the Vitamins and kept training against Marshal, whose Pokemon give out HP and Attack EVs. Also, the HP is under-average for a Zekrom.

I'm proud of my buddy xD He sweeps water and/or flying teams completely with his STAB Fusion Bolt!!!

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
It was DEFINATELY my Honchkrow for the E4 (i hacked her in, but i hacked her in at lvl 50 while the rest of my team was 60). She had an intense movepool that WASN'T hacked (Fly, Night Slash, Superpower) and she also had her dw ability, Moxie (which is a great combo with Superpower). For Iris though, it was definately my Vanilluxe, Bangarang. He had blizard, ice beam (if blizard ran out of PP), acid armor and hail. It was a beast and still is. Of course, now my MVP is Marijuana (my lilligant).

✯Shigeru✯

I Dropped The Lift Key...
Years
Electivire is my star because of all the type coverage it gets with the three elemental punches. It took down four of Iris's pokemon before being KO'd by Haxorus.

Archenoth

The arch foe
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2020
The hidden grotto Minccino that Bianca finds you before you go to Driftveil was my MVP because of Skill Link. After it turned into a Cinccino, it had a move that had a base power of 182.5 and two more with guaranteed 125 power (Because Wide Lens added 10 accuracy to everything.) with good attack to begin with. It even had a nature that increased its attack. (At the expense of Defense.) It is also very fast.

It was a true glass cannon.

Huge Power Azumarill sporting Aqua Tail (later and currently Waterfall) and Ice Punch. I also utilised the fact that Aqua Ring stacks with Leftovers.
For B2, it was my Azumarill that took out all the dragon types
Azumarill in run 1
Huge Power Azumarill was a beast. Yes it was slow, but it could take hit well because of its bulky health and good defense. Also with huge power boosting the base attack to 100, you suddenly had a surprisingly strong 'mon.

Years
Lucario was my MVP, Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball were a damn good combo. Honourable mention goes to Cobalion, Sacred Sword and Iron Head were awesome all out assault combos. Metagross was helpful too, Meteor Mash and Iron Defence made him indestructible. (I'm kind of a sucker for combination steel-types).

Dishonourable mention to Virizion and Terrakion for being a major let-down after Cobalion.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
My MVP would be Weavile. It pretty much sweeped everything including Fighting types. But even it hits like trailer truck, it's so fragile. No problems with getting outsped though.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Before E4 - Cobalion, cuz he's my man of steel

After E4 - Garchomp (Shiny) cuz he PWNed everyone.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 23, 2013
Mine was absolutely my Absol. He's taken down more than I can even remember, and mercilessly too! With Dark, Psychic, AND a Bug move he's pretty much set for those special types. ESPECIALLY with the stab dark move and his super luck ability. Sheesh! And that is probably why he will be my first 100 in this playthrough, only five more levels to go! :)

Years
Before the Elite 4, my MVP was probably my Scolipede. While my entire team was made up of "disposable" pokemon (Cofagrigus with Curse and Probopass with Sturdy+Thunder Wave), Scolipede was a heavy hitter who got some decent STAB attacks and VERY high speed. Sadly though, when I got to the Elite 4, I just got the event Deoxys and he quickly took over my team. I still do use my Scolipede online for the same reasons he helped me throughout the game.

Back