• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Region speculation/what will the region be based on?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
At this stage we don't know anything about the region Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon will be set in, so that leaves the door wide open to speculation galore! Regions are one of my favorite aspects of a main series game, and they're what really define the character and feel of a generation/game. So what do you speculate the region for this game will be like? Or will it even be set in a new region at all?? Share your thoughts and have fun speculating!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Region Speculation Thread

Two new games, question is, where are they taking place? Would it be in Southern Kalos, or somewhere different? What place did they base the region from?

SPECULATE AWAY!

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Saw the trailer and observed the portion with the Horsea fountain (looks like an aquarium... Because they had pictures of a spheal and staryu on the structure), it feels rather European. Could they use a new region based on say... Germany? And linked to Kalos in later-game?

This game seems to introduce vehicles too... This region should be huge.

pkmin3033

I'd hope for another region based on a place in the world that isn't Japan; perhaps another area in Europe. The French inspiration and culture really shone through in Kalos, and I'd love to see them step outside of their comfort zone and do that again...perhaps Germany, or Spain, or Italy...or the UK. The UK would be best. /notbiasedatall

I want some ancient ruins regardless of where it's set, though. Maybe some with an Egyptian or Aztec motif, just because. Or maybe an old castle to explore?

Sirfetch’d

I really hope for a story that takes the game beyond the Pokemon universe, potentially into space but on a much larger spectrum than ORAS did in the Delta Episode. I think with the game titles that it's certainly a large possibility that could happen :)

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Well that hotel in the concept art resembled a hotel in Singapore pretty well, so I can assume that this new region will incorporate elements of that area. As for it tying with Kalos...that can also be plausible. It looks like a tropical-esque setting similar to Kiloude City (the palm trees were my biggest sign).

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I really hope for a story that takes the game beyond the Pokemon universe, potentially into space but on a much larger spectrum than ORAS did in the Delta Episode. I think with the game titles that it's certainly a large possibility that could happen :)
I really hope so, maybe that will finally give us an answer to the question what Pokémon live it outer space. The region itself could be based on the US then, since that's where NASA is stationed. (And we've already had Japan (a lot) and Europe now, so America might be a very plausible follow-up.)

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Going from the picture, it's clearly tropical and the roof design, gives me feelings of Australia, a lot of older buildings in Australia mainly have curved tin roofs. My hope for a UK based region is slowly waning away now (I wanted to see cobbled streets, terrace houses, a lovely countryside, royalty...), but Australia would be great too, I mean, who wouldn't want to see Sydney or Melbourne? (I'd love a reference to my two favorite TV shows too, haha) and Australia would be a great setting for a region, I mean we have some of the deadliest of animals!

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
Since they're adding the Chinese language into the game for the first time, I can imagine the region being based on China. If not, I'm hoping for a European based location again like Britain or Italy.

Years
Since they're adding the Chinese language into the game for the first time, I can imagine the region being based on China. If not, I'm hoping for a European based location again like Britain or Italy.

There's another thread that's mentioning the new region might be based on Singapore, which is an Asian country, so that seems close enough.

Years
Going from the picture, it's clearly tropical and the roof design, gives me feelings of Australia, a lot of older buildings in Australia mainly have curved tin roofs. My hope for a UK based region is slowly waning away now (I wanted to see cobbled streets, terrace houses, a lovely countryside, royalty...), but Australia would be great too, I mean, who wouldn't want to see Sydney or Melbourne? (I'd love a reference to my two favorite TV shows too, haha) and Australia would be a great setting for a region, I mean we have some of the deadliest of animals!

Ah yes Australia would be a great idea for a region design (and I happen to be from Sydney myself), especially with all the unique animal species we have here that could make for good new Pokemon designs (we still haven't had a koala Pokemon yet, really?) and a good number of the major cities here would make for good city designs.

Years
There's another thread that's mentioning the new region might be based on Singapore, which is an Asian country, so that seems close enough.
Most people in Singapore are Chinese so that fits well together. Based on the same thought it could be Hong Kong, too, or maybe Taiwan.

Years
Could Kanto Be the Region?

Since Red, Blue, and Yellow Pokemon are compatible with the new games, could the Gen. 7 region be Kanto, only updated with new features and technologies? IMO it would make sense because the games will be somewhat related.

pkmin3033

Hmmm...I don't think so, somehow.I can't really see them revisiting an old region in a brand new game outside of a remake. I got the impression that Red, Blue and Yellow would be compatible with Pokemon Bank to establish that link to the past titles that wasn't present before, rather than as a hint for things to come.

If anything, that link suggests to me a lot of the Gen I Pokemon might not be available in Sun and Moon. I doubt they'll go quite that far, but that'd be the indicator I'd take away from that before a hint of the next games being back in Kanto.

Sirfetch’d

I would highly doubt it. The titles of these games really don't make a whole lot of sense for them to be based in Kanto and not to mention the art that was shown doesn't appear to show anything that we have ever seen in Kanto. We also have new Pokemon so I am fully inclined to believe this is a completely unexplored region.

MarioManH

top kek
Years
No, but there will probably subtle Kanto references throughout the game itself (Oak or Gym Leader or E4 Cameo...?)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
No. I don't think there is anyway for it to be Kanto. The region is tropical, and Kanto is more normal.

Not to mention I do not think they would make new pokemon show up in Kanto like that.

Not to mentioned that would be extremely disappointing and probably one of the dumbest things to do.

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
I don't know about where in the world it would be based off, but If there's a cold place in the first half of the Game I'll be happy.

Back