• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Faced With Steelix Determination" Episode Discussion

Years
Here is where you can discuss a Steelix in pain in the rampaging "Faced With Steelix Determination."

My review to come forthwith. Sorry for lateness, as I thought Reyna might have had it. Hehe.

Inugami

Years
I was expecting one of the Bidoofs to evolve to Biberel. Oh well. It's nice to see TR mess up again. I like Meowth's role in this episode. :D.

CristWii

Noctowl Tamer
Years
That was an awesome episode!
Someone from TR (I forget who it was): How are they supposed to know that we're in there face if we don't tell them?!
Lol, that made me laugh.

Years
You know how in early Johto, the gang was chasing after that rampaging Arbok mecha? It's kinda like that, okay, not exactly like that, but more the archetypal plot of being chased/chasing. Not the worst, not the best, either.

On the other hand, it's been a little while since we saw a Steelix, so I can't complain much.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Hmm not as good as the last few D/P eps. My only note was "YAY! Meowth with the twerps!" One of my favourite characters is Meowth, so yay for me.

However, this episode has influenced me on which Pokemon I'll have in my party when D/P is released in the UK. I'll just say that I hate Bidoof now. I'm definatly NOT having Bidoof in my party. I'm going to have a Starly...I've ALWAYS had a bird Pokemon in my party ever since Red version. Ash's Staravia has the most HILARIOUS voice ever (yeah, I know everyone noticed that ages ago) but I love Staravia for it. Me and my sister can't ever wait for when Ash calls out Staravia because its voice is so funny.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
sooo many fillers.. is this gonna be a johto 2? :/

Haha I was actually thinking that about this episode. But the fillers are much better in this series I think. This and the 4th D/P ep (about some random contest/gym person) are the worst of the series so far. I reckon, anyway. I think in Advanced we only got up to 1 gym and no contests so far, so D/P is a bit better. *checks on episode guide*

Advanced

May's intro
May's family intro
1 gym match, a lose against Brawly and Norman
4 captures (6 if you include Jessie and James's).

D/P

Dawn's intro
1 gym match (another with Paul)
Ash's rival introduction
5 captures (6 if you include James's)
2 evolutions
Dawn's rival introduction
1 contest

Johto

2 captures
1 gym match

I think that's about right. D/P's doing better than Johto anyway haha

Last edited:

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
Years
Sorry for not posting up this one. Sorry! *Kisses* It just that I was busy packing that afternoon. Teeheehee

I kinda didn't like this episode that much. It was kinda like a just a filler that wasn't really rememberal. I was kinda expecting one of the bidoofs to evolve but they didn't. I guess we have to wait for an episode that focus on them.

Is it just me or are bidoofs kinda of boring? Cute but kinda boring? Su?

I agree with Dark Charaxes. Not bad but not good.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
I finally get the chance to watch an episode of the D/P season, since I always miss it.. and it wasn't that great. >> The fact that Team Rocket screwed up again was pretty funny though.

Back