• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
i know there is a patch to make the text in ruby look more similar to firered. i can't find the patch anywhere, can any1 help me?

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2017
How do I import these awesome tiles into Advance Map!?

PS. They are kyle's and they are in the PNG format.

k1ng0fh3artz

NOOBIE HACKER
Years
.rbc extension

Idk what im doing wrong or if i am doing wrong but for some reason when i make a script on notepad and i save it under all file and type for ex. Script1.rbc then i go to compile it, it doesnt work its nothing just a messed up looking file

is it me or do i need to download something i have

- pokescript
-XSE
-pksvui

i guess i have to learn to do it in one of those if i can't get help

-thanx in advanced

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2009
Player Backsprites

Hello Pokémon ROM Hacking world!

I have been looking for a way to change the player's backsprites, and I can't find them in unLZ.GBA. I also haven't been able to find anything about them on the forums. Can someone help?

Thanks =D

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
I have the same tilemap being used for two of my world maps. For some reason, on the fourth world map (which is #3 in the programming), nine tiles near the bottom-right corner keep getting replaced with tile #3, while on the other, it works just fine.

Can anyone help?

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
i need help with rom extending, tile editing (that are on the right of block editing in advance map).

oh ya, and how do you add flight possitions

Last edited:

k1ng0fh3artz

NOOBIE HACKER
Years
starter help

hello,
I'm a noobie hacker and i've ben lookn throught these and i stopped at about 120 lol i dont want to look through all 450 so if you could help me out that'd be great

im trying to figure scripting out of course its a lil complicated but i'm slowly learning

i want to kno how i could change the way you get your starter pokemon like instead of the oak script make it a different one ex you go to leave and your "dad or mom" comes to get you and ask you to run a errand for him and lends you 1 of 3 pokemon and takes you back to your house to choose or just right there does it

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
i need help with rom extending, tile editing (that are on the right of block editing in advance map).

oh ya, and how do you add flight possitions

ROM Extension can be done easily by opening your ROM in XSE and hitting the ROM Extension button.

Tile editing, there are tutorials in the Documents and Tutorial section...

And as of yet, you can't add flight positions! ^_^

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
hello,
I'm a noobie hacker and i've ben lookn throught these and i stopped at about 120 lol i dont want to look through all 450 so if you could help me out that'd be great

im trying to figure scripting out of course its a lil complicated but i'm slowly learning

i want to kno how i could change the way you get your starter pokemon like instead of the oak script make it a different one ex you go to leave and your "dad or mom" comes to get you and ask you to run a errand for him and lends you 1 of 3 pokemon and takes you back to your house to choose or just right there does it
Well the fact that you read through 120 pages is very impressive. Good for you!
Anyways, I would highly recommend reading either thethethethe's scripting tutorial or diegoisawesome's XSE adaptation of said tutorial. Both will get you on the right track if you want to learn how to script. Good luck!

3dd13

Leader of the Fallen
Years
HELP!!!

im having these two errors using yape 0.9:
they both say the application faild to initilize properly, and i have 2 errors, one on each computer respectivly:
0xc000007b
and
0xc0000135
if anyone has yape working on xp, can they upload it to let me see if its my application, or my computer, or please tell me how to fix these errors...

Thank you,
3dd13
does anyone know how to fix this problem? its crucial to my hack...
either that, or i need a pokedex editor for firered version.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
i suggest firered version, as it is the most stable.
as for scripting, took for deagoisawsomes tutorial in the tutorial section. also, you use xse to script, not advancemap.
i hope this helps.

What i have underlined is wrong, and something I forgot to rant about.

All ROM's are stable, the tools aren't stable to certain ROM's, and Ruby is perfectly OK to hack.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
I don't understand, what does stability means on a hack? Why leaf green it's not as good as fire red at hacking? How do you define stablity on pokemon hacking?:\

Leafgree has less tools for it, and the existing tools don't work too well on it. That is stability, but not of the ROM, but of the tool. Some tools are stable on some ROMs, but not others.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
There is no such thing as an unstable ROM; all of them can be hacked appropriately. Like Banjora said, though, the tools are the problem in that situation: quite a few of them use set offsets, and because those are different between the games, that means that some tools that work for one game won't work for another. FireRed and Ruby are the most widely used ROMs because there are more tools for those two, is all.

DarkPrince304

Back to Hacking after exams!!!
Years
My Question:
If we make a new HM Move in a game then is it necessary that we have to win a badge to activate it?
For Example if I insert 3 More HMs in Fire Red do I have to earn some badge to activate them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back