• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Subway Team Help

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
Years
  • Age 34
  • US
  • Seen Feb 15, 2013
Ok, I've had some success with the subway until now. I am currently making a team specificly for each train but in order to make up these teams I need the ev training items which u have to buy from the vendors that costs 16 each i believe and i wanted some team help before i begin my long arduous journey to buy each power item so here's my team...

Lead
Mienshao @ Wide Lens
Bashful
Evs: unknown
Ability: Regenerator
Hi Jump-Kick
Stone Edge
U-Turn
Aerial Ace

Haxorus @ Expert Belt
Adamant
Evs: unknown
Ability: Mold-Breaker
Outrage
Shadow Claw
Swords Dance
Brick Break

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Modest
Evs: 252 hp: 252: spatk: 4 spdef
Ability: Magic Guard
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Recover
Focus Blast

These were trained through out the game no hacks so breeding will need to be involved and my new team thats setup for training has pokerus and is ready for battle but needs ev trained and Expected movesets.

Tirtouga
Jolly
Evs 200 atk: 200 spd: 56 hp: 52 spdef:
Stone Edge
Shell Break
Waterfall/Aqua Jet
Earthquake

Ferroseed
Brave
Evs 252 hp: 100 def: 100 spdef: 56 atk:
Gyro Ball
Thunder Wave
Power Whip
Hone Claws (i really want leech seed but i dont really want to breed that much)

Tynamo
Its in the breeding process and im hoping for a good nature but i dont know what that nature is going to be can i get a few different suggestions based on my team now i suppose a special attacker would be the choice but other than discharge and flamethrower what else is there for Elektross.

Thanks for any comments and suggestions im really frustrated the i beat the train before and cant get past the second this time.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
On Mienshao, Aerial Ace doesn't really help your coverage at all - on most sets it either has HP Ice (and you don't want to breed more), or Fake Out to fill the void - with a Life Orb, Fake Out's power is boosted and basically gives you a free turn, while Aerial Ace really does nothing for you, so I suggest going back to the move tutor.

On Haxorus, Shadow Claw doesn't really offer any sort of coverage because psychic Pokemon have low defense anyway and you can beat them with one outrage pretty much (boosted or not), EQ does a lot better there, but if you really don't want EQ, just go for DD too (double boost if you can setup etc), but you'd be better off with EQ at that spot and DD instead of SD, but whatever works best for you.

With Magic Guard, Reuniclus can use Life Orb well, and with Recover there isn't much use for Leftovers.

Also, your eventual Ferrothorn, you're really better off breeding more for either spikes/stealth rock because that's pretty much Ferrothorn's purpose in a team - to set up spikes or SR. :x

Eelektross can work well as a special attacker, with Grass Knot, Volt Switch and/or Thunderbolt (depending on whether you want to utilise its low speed which gives you a free switch in or hit hard, or alternatively U-Turn but that's physical so you'd lose a bit of power in doing so, but same purpose as Volt Switch), Flamethrower and Flash Cannon, since you don't want to breed more (and breeding for HP would be tiring). Either way you'd give it a Modest nature in that case.

Good luck with taking on the battle subway again anyway. :)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Also, your eventual Ferrothorn, you're really better off breeding more for either spikes/stealth rock because that's pretty much Ferrothorn's purpose in a team - to set up spikes or SR. :x
You also have to remember that this is the Battle Subway, not a standard battle, so you can play it differently to win.

As for my suggestions, you shouldn't really be running Thunder Wave with Gyro Ball, as T-Wave will be lowering their speed, weakening the power of your Gyro Ball instead. Leech Seed is also really optimal, as it's going to be one of your best choices to combine with Power Whip.

If you really want to run a stat enhancing move, you should go with Curse (ferroseed learns it) instead of Hone Claws. Since Gyro Ball and Power Whip don't exactly have the shaky accuracy like some other moves (hydro pump, iron tail etc.) you don't need to worry about that. Curse will also help give you defense, while powering up your Gyro Ball even further with the attack boost AND the speed drop. :)

That's really all I got for now.

Also if you want to run Curse, you could opt in for a special defensive EV set, instead of what you've got now.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
To add on to Nica's suggestion of Eelektross, it can make use of Acid Spray to sharply lower the opponent's Special Defense:
-Acid Spray
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot/Hidden Power (Ice)
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Eelektross makes a good mixed sweeper too:
-Wild Charge/Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Claw/Hidden Power (Ice)
-Grass Knot/Brick Break
Nature: Naughty/Rash
EVs: 252 Atk/212 SAtk/44 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt

To add on to Haxorus as well: it can use Taunt in the last slot to stop walls from crippling it or Dragon Dance to boost its Attack and Speed when it's up against offensive teams. Here's what I mean:
-Swords Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Taunt/Dragon Dance
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 36 HP/252 Atk/220 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
Years
  • Age 34
  • US
  • Seen Feb 15, 2013
Im not going to use them in a 6 man team just 3v3 so when my second team is finalized the first 3 are pretty much scrap and for going out into the pokemon world and do the dirty work.. per sei and the second three are just SOLELY for subway battles i really appreciate the moves and more details from forever but i knew what you were thinking as i read your suggestions and honestly they are good but not for subway and i was actually thinking of ferrothorn as a wall and a switch out in case my lead carracosta is threatened by a faster grass or fighting user with possible priority i know ferrothorn is weak to fighting but max hp and 200 to def it can sponge any attack pretty well and give elektross a chance to come in and clean up by my perspective and gives my immunity from EQ so win win i really need sets for ferrothorn and elektross so i can do the right breeding and give correct sets mine arent the greatest and for ferrothorn it was supposed to wall opponents and paralyze them so i can come in and set up shell break or use a acid spray.

Im thinking of actually getting rid of shadow claw for EQ and Aerial Ace for Fake out considering it will U-Turn out for hp gain and offer another use of fake out so thanks for those tips any others will be appreciated and what about life orb does it do any damage to reuniclus with that ability or no?

Back