• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: HGSS Golden Edition

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
My first hack. A small hack of HGSS that mostly contains Quality of life and Aesthetic changes. I made this with the idea of replacing the Original HGSS games as it contains a few things that SHOULD have been in the originals.

Feel free to use these as a base for your rom hacks but give credit pls :P

UPDATED UPDATED 02/5/2021

-Cleaned a few Pokemon Sprites
-Repels now use the Gen5 system. You will be prompted to use another when it wears off. (big thanks to Bubble, DavveDp, turtleisaac, Mikelan98 and Nomura for all the help.)

NOTE: A separate patch is included with the file:
- A patch that change the level curves throughout the game to be more streamlined.

The changes:
Spoiler:

-Game Corners have their prizes re-adjusted accordingly:
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Download xdelta patch:
Latest Build
http://www.mediafire.com/?2zwv8am6mn57zli

Credits:
-Nomura
-Mikelan98
(Both for developing the synthetic overlay system.)

PATCH TO (E) ROM! eg (Pokemon - HeartGold Version (v10) (E) and Pokemon - SoulSilver Version (v10) (E))

Last edited:

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
Wow this looks great! Will play it after finishing Black2..
Btw is there any documentation on the wild list? That would be awesome :)

Ps: Playing Kris again is a nice touch! I was sad that Lyra replaced Kris in HGSS XD

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
This looks very interesting! Did you also make all Pokemon that evolve by trade (like Graveler, Haunter, Porygon, Scyther, and others) evolve differently?

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
I am getting a checksum error when i try to patch my rom.please fix the patch.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
patch works fine for me, are you using the (E) versions?

It works fine with "Pokemon - HeartGold Version (v10) (E)" and "Pokemon - SoulSilver Version (v10) (E)"

Maybe you are using the wrong version?

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
sadly no, I'm still trying to figure out how to do that.

ok i have found out how you can edit the evolutions.first,you need a (USA) ROM of HG OR SS.second extract the file "4" from the (u) version using NitroExplorer2b.exe.third, use 4º Gen Pokemon Evolution Editor.exe to open and edit the evos in the file "4"(usa version).
fourth,reinsert the file "4" into your (eur) rom.
I have just tried this with my geodude which i edited to evolve at lv.16,and it worked.
i'll upload the tools+readme right now so that you can try it;)
tell me if it works for you too.
and by the way how did you edit moves in this game?thats one thing i want to do for hg/ss but cannot figure out how,do tell

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
ok i have found out how you can edit the evolutions.first,you need a (USA) ROM of HG OR SS.second extract the file "4" from the (u) version using NitroExplorer2b.exe.third, use 4º Gen Pokemon Evolution Editor.exe to open and edit the evos in the file "4"(usa version).
fourth,reinsert the file "4" into your (eur) rom.
I have just tried this with my geodude which i edited to evolve at lv.16,and it worked.
i'll upload the tools+readme right now so that you can try it;)
tell me if it works for you too.
and by the way how did you edit moves in this game?thats one thing i want to do for hg/ss but cannot figure out how,do tell

I appreciate the info but no longer needed. I have Just compiled a new patch v1.1 that has evolution changes for tradeable pokemon using new items. The patch will be uploaded shortly.

And about the attack editing, it was easy, I used the universal rom randomizer for making nuzlockes and set "updated moves" then i took the appropriate narc containing the new edited moves and reinserted them into my rom.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
ok,and thanks for the move info,sorry i did not post this info sooner

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
what annoyed me most in HG SS was that the hidden power checker wasn't around till post game in Celadon City. Is it at all possible to have him any sooner? It'd be nice if he was in New Bark Town since it would be great to have that guy around at the start of the game. Also roaming legendaries have got to go, Raikou and Entei along with the Lati twins need to have events similar to suicune's so you can have an easier way to get appropriate natures and IVs or them.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
the hidden power checker I can do, will probably make "another of him" placed in goldenrod city.

As for the roaming legendaries, I dont want to deviate too far from the original, at the same time I dont know how to edit that said event. I will try, but no promises.

Back