• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

Years
Can you snap a pic cause I am confused. Are you talking about the girl?
You mean the police guard that blocks the cave?

-----

-----

-----
He blocks the cave when you first enter the town and when you talk to him, it freezes?

Sorry for the reply but my internet was messing up. I really don't know how to snap a picture... haha i feel stupid for not knowing how. I mean the first gym leader you ever face, the girlfriend of the gym leader tells you he's not there and tell you to look for him. i get to the entrance of the national park and try to the guard blocking you from entering the park but it freezes.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Sorry for the reply but my internet was messing up. I really don't know how to snap a picture... haha i feel stupid for not knowing how. I mean the first gym leader you ever face, the girlfriend of the gym leader tells you he's not there and tell you to look for him. i get to the entrance of the national park and try to the guard blocking you from entering the park but it freezes.
Oh yeah! That! That happens when there is a National Park Contest. But I haven't scripted park contests yet. Contests only happens on a certain day of the week. I forgot to disable the event. Go save in a Pokecenter and I'll update the patch.
-----

-----

-----
On a certain day of the week, the guard will stand right there in order to ask you if you would like to participate in a park contest. But I haven't scripted that yet and forgot to disable it!
So I am going to update the patch with this very minor fix.
He only appears on one day of the week, so if you beat the gym leader already, you don't really need to update to version 2.3.2!

Edit 1 - Fixed!

Wow.... playing Beta 2.3.1 and Iam LOVING it seriously i think this aswel as Pokemon discovery have REALLY good chances of making HOTY 2014 my one and only complaint ( besides my failure at OW spriting ) is that some of the music is VERY drab and containg but a few tracks, which can be easily helped or ignored but other than that this is REALLY awsome Frozen glad to be working with you
Thanks! We'll definitely make a great team! Graphics are a thing that can be periodically updated! So don't rush your awesome sprites! Yeah. I know what you mean by the music. I was aiming for a "retro-y" feeling for the game since I loved the GBC 2nd generation games and for the nostalgia! It was intended. I also tried to give this feeling with the palette edit of the wild grass battle background. I'll eventually entirely overhaul the battle backgrounds in beta 3.

I mainly used zortac's Crystal Kanto Music Patch because I loved the simplistic music cheerful chimes of the second generation (something that 3rd gen and onward no longer have, in my opinion) and I wanted to bring it back in this rom hack.

----------
Now with 2.3 out of the way, it's time for 3.0! Beta 3 will progress up to the Taejo League! And regional borderline Peacemaker City of Seijo!
And once more, I will update the graphics of the game little by little. There will be improvements in other places as well.

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
wooohooo!!~ an update! Can't wait to play ^^
Have fun! And good luck finding those four shards in order to unlock... haha!
----------
As I said during the early phases of beta 2, beta 3 will be more graphically improved!
The overworld will be filled with a variety of things!
Now I must learn how to "light up" that lamppost!
-----

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Congratulations FIZX on the new beta & great game overall! Been playing it for a while & now I'm starting all over & it's amazing so far :D

I just have a couple of questions: I just caught Suicune first encounter; will affect any upcoming events involving the legendary beast? Also, at the entrance of the first city there is Joey & the Rocket grunt standing; I tried talking to them & the game freezes everytime; just got the badge from Bugsler & still the same thing happens when I try talking to them. Am I supposed to just ignore them at this point of the game?

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Have fun! And good luck finding those four shards in order to unlock... haha!
----------
As I said during the early phases of beta 2, beta 3 will be more graphically improved!
The overworld will be filled with a variety of things!
Now I must learn how to "light up" that lamppost!
-----

Yeah. It's better that way. Please do! xD

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Congratulations FIZX on the new beta & great game overall! Been playing it for a while & now I'm starting all over & it's amazing so far :D

I just have a couple of questions: I just caught Suicune first encounter; will affect any upcoming events involving the legendary beast? Also, at the entrance of the first city there is Joey & the Rocket grunt standing; I tried talking to them & the game freezes everytime; just got the badge from Bugsler & still the same thing happens when I try talking to them. Am I supposed to just ignore them at this point of the game?
LOL! You caught him? Hahaha. You can keep him if you'll like haha. Another one will "respawn" although it was supoosed to be the "same" one, hahaha! Arceus will just have to make a new Suicune in your save file, LOL! Capturing it doesn't hurt gameplay, at least you get to PWN your way through now, haha!

Joey and the Rocket are supposed to appear after making your second trip to Seaview after coming down Route 57 from Murk Cave, hmm.
That looks like a vars problem, actually... looks like a flag problem. Actually, I need to change a var sequence for those two! They are supposed to show up later in the game!

It's interesting how Joey and the Rocket never showed up in my save file, hmmm. I'll look into this.

Edit 1 - Interesting. It can't be a var tile because my vars are not activating the event. Can you go into Oak's Lab and see if the Pokeball is gone?

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
LOL! You caught him? Hahaha. You can keep him if you'll like haha. Another one will "respawn" although it was supoosed to be the same one, hahaha! Arceus will just have to make a new Suicune in your save file, LOL! Capturing it doesn't hurt gameplay, at least you get to PWN your way through now, haha!

Joey and the Rocket are supposed to appear after making your second trip to Seaview after going through Murk Cave, hmm.
That looks like a vars problem, actually... looks like a flag problem. Actually, I need to change a var sequence for those two! They are supposed to show up later in the game!

It's interesting how Joey and the Rocket never showed up in my save file, hmmm. I'll look into this.
Thanks for clearing that up :)

Oh just one more thing: the sprites for the pokéballs don't quite show up for me lol
DDnhlLz.png

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Edit 1 - Interesting. It can't be a var tile because my vars are not activating the event. Can you go into Oak's Lab and see if the Pokeball is gone?
Ok just a second.

edit: yea it's still there & I get a second Eevee now :/ (I have to say the first time I got my starter the same scenario took place but without Oak OW sprite; I thought he was communicating with me through some distant device or something lol).

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Thanks for clearing that up :)

Oh just one more thing: the sprites for the pokéballs don't quite show up for me lol
DDnhlLz.png
There are a lot of question marks for items because I am in the process of making new graphics for them!
There's this point in the game where you can buy a few berries from a girl and one of the item you can buy is called "New Item" lol! I forgot to create that new item. But item graphics will be included with beta 3!

Also, did anybody else encounter Joey and the Rocket in Seaview Town? Through my seven play-throughs, I never had that problem.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Ok just a second.

edit: yea it's still there & I get a second Eevee now :/ (I have to say the first time I got my starter the same scenario took place but without Oak OW sprite; I thought he was communicating with me through some distant device or something lol).
edit: Ok now that I enter Seaview Town Joey & the grunt no longer show up.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2023
sorry to ask this
but after you wake up your brother , what i supposed to do ( new to the game )
cause prof oak didn't arrive yet
thx you

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Ok just a second.

edit: Ok now that I enter Seaview Town Joey & the grunt no longer show up.
That's interesting how the event repeated itself. I think I know why, did you give the gift to Mr. Rogers before jumping through your window? I'm going to have fix up the check flags for Oak's Eevee event.
sorry to ask this
but after you wake up your brother , what i supposed to do ( new to the game )
cause prof oak didn't arrive yet
thx you
You have to find the Mystery Gift in the mini sub section of Route 76 and give it to your grumpy neighbor, haha.
I think youve answered this a few pages back .. But will we have to start a new file after this beta?
Yeah, I changed a lot of flags and vars and besides, the beginning of the game starts in a new location!

Edit 1!! - Apparently, I butchered one of my scripts by accident, the check for Oak not being there was replaced with a random weather script! Sorry!
When you walk into the lab, it is supposed to say that Oak isn't here yet and it will make you walk out the door!
Advance Map definitely bugged on me, cause I never changed that script... It took my script and replaced with a different script, that's why that bug happened.

Edit 2 - Okay guys, I reinserted the script. That's was weird. Maybe the compiler screwed up or something, but I'm gonna re test it just to make sure, because I never had problems with Oak's event in beta 1.5.

Edit 3 - If anybody just started their game, you should just wait for me to upload the fixed patch.
Also, you may have to start all over! Sorry!

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
This was the script that was supposed to happen,
But it somehow got replaced...
-----

-----

-----

-----
I will be posting the new updated link shortly. Because of this error, it is a MUST to restart your game.
That Pokeball's flag is very important and it must be set.
READ THIS - If this sequence did not happen to you, you must restart your game!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 1, 2019
hay , i play the new beta and i dont know what to do i am stuck in the Silversky Forest and i don know what to do , whare is the gym leader ? what i need to do with team Rocket ? and what the hell i need to do !!!

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
hay , i play the new beta and i dont know what to do i am stuck in the Silversky Forest and i don know what to do , whare is the gym leader ? what i need to do with team Rocket ? and what the hell i need to do !!!
1) First you need to catch Joey and the Rocket at night in the town then you follow them into the forest.
2) Did you see Youngster Joey's initiation in the forest yet?
3) Once that event is completed, Lola will be back in her gym.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 1, 2019
1) First you need to catch Joey and the Rocket at night in the town then you follow them into the forest.
2) Did you see Youngster Joey's initiation in the forest yet?
3) Once that event is completed, Lola will be back in her gym.

1. how i know the time in the game ?
2. no i didnt
3. ok

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
when i talk to the man in front of the pc in the pokecentre at silversky forest, the game freeze...

how to elvove eevee to umbreon, espeon or sylveon? if i evolve eevee in the later part of the game, will it miss some good moves?

Back