• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon You Hate Running Into?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Anything in particular that my team is weak to at the time, but that's mainly in the beginning of the game (ie. finding Geodude when all I have is Cyndaquil). Overall, I really hate finding Boldore or anything else with Sturdy. I can't think of anything I really hate from gen I-IV though.

Edit: Oh! Protect/Detect spammers! Hate those.

Years
Anything with Sturdy because I have to waste 2 PP to get them defeated, Protect/Detect spammers, anything that loves inflicting status on you, and Zubat/Tentacool that are way faster than me, giving that frustrating "Can't escape!" message.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I hated running into Bidoof in D/P/Pt because whenever I wanted a Starly to show up, that popped up instead. I also hate running into Sturdy users while I'm training because they take at least 2 hits to KO (except when I have a Mold Breaker user).

Years
I honestly don't mind Zubats, or Geodudes, or anything like that. The Pokemon that frustrates me the most is Diglett/Dugtrio. Going through Digglet's Cave is really annoying... battles every few steps, in which you know it's going to be either one of the digging Pokemon. Add that to the fact that they can have the ability Shadow Tag makes them my most annoying Pokemon to run into.
That said, I really do like Dugtrio and Digglet. :)

Sirfetch’d

The usual annoying ones. Zubat, Tentacool, Bidoof, and those alike. If I am in an area with these Pokemon I'll just use a repel because I hate running into them so so much :I

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2013
I wouldnt hate running into this any other time, but I ran into my first shiny pokemon, a pidgey, on fire red on my way to get oaks parcel from the pokemart....before i got pokeballs :(

Years
I don't mind Zubat as much since it has a pretty cool final evolution, but I absolutely hate running into Tentacool out in the water. Also, anything with Sturdy, Shadow Tag or Arena Trap is really annoying, especially when you were just trying to get through an area quickly.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Trapinch: Arena Trap FML
Diglett: in digletts cave with Shadow Tag FML
Zubat: In any cave its just... THAT feeling
Tentacruel: not that bade but why can't I seem to get any good ones out on the water like a horsea

Everything from Gen4 I seemed to hate running into... especially.... that one they call bidoof

Jumpleet

Rise Above The Rest
Years
For me, I always hate that I try to find Audinos to grind exp. on, and emolgas just keep popping up and Paralyze my pokemon

Nakala Pri

I despise running into Zubat, Geodude and Basculin, not to mention Roggenrola!! >:C

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
In general, broken zubats are the worst.....

But (and i think people who played b/w/b2/w2 can relate): In the first b/w, Patrat (Nuff said) and,in Flocessy ranch, Lillipup. I'm like yes OMG there are mareeps here and the place is full of Npc Mareep...tall grass: LILLIPUP. EVERY ****ING SECOND.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Wobbuffet in Cerulean Cave. They are so annoying, because they are at a high level, they have impressive bulk, SHADOW TAG, Counter and Mirror Coat. I hate fighting them because you can't run away from them nor you can OHKO them very easily, and in return they can OHKO you.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I hate running into the Wynaut line, the Patrat line, Graveler, Emolga, Basculin, and sometimes even the Gothita line. Wynaut and Gothita lines because of Shadow Tag, Graveler because of Selfdestruct and Explosion, and the others because I just don't like them.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I liked emolga cause he looked half cool, I did hate however in B/W anything with shadow tag... and that mutt in the first route that is like one of those dogs with long coats

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I don't have any Pokemon that I hate of,
while there are some that annoyed be.
Higher speed wild Pokemon, Shadow Tag.

When it's battling bulky and tanks are my weakness,
when I see them it's like Game Over for me.

Back