• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I just checked, Dipu. It's NU on B/W. I normally wouldn't have known because I haven't had a chance to look much into battling competitively. Well, not much, at least.

Edit:
I legitimately had to read your post ("your" being Dipu) three times before understanding what you meant about being lectured. I'm tired and wasn't taking it literally enough.

Is the counselor suspicious, or just being careful?

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I think I took it too literal. I was like DIPU DON'T HURT YOURSELF. Now I'm like Dipu go ahead and skip school no one cares in college anyway especially freshman year when it's basically all lectures.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Nah, apparently I haven't kept track of how much I've been cutting classes recently. She dragged my to her office and pulled up a screen with the calender, and it looked like this:

Yeah, not so pretty, huh? And May hasn't even been updated yet, that's gonna be a lot worse, probably. I'm just weirded out about April 23. I cut, but never THAT many classes.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Darn it, Dipu. Learn to word your posts in a clearer way! D; I thought you were cutting yourself, as well. Or at least that the counselor thought you were.

For some reason, I don't see it as the terrible thing other people seemingly think it is- unless I suspect someone I know is doing it. In which case, I'm going to spend the next week worrying about them. Apparently I'm not the only one, though. One of my friends has been suspicious of cuts on my hands several times. It took until recently before she finally understood that my cats are aggressive and they scratch me. X}

Also, this is for Roc.

216717_491034614297375_549297738_n.jpg

Crux

Evermore
Years
@Jess:
I was refering to you when I said be careful.

@Dipu:
.-.
Hooky. Normal people call it hooky, Dipu.
-&-

@Tyler:
Haha, yeah, I keep trying to talk my old man into playing a game or two.
And I know what you mean, the books for that game are almost ridiculously expensive!
Regardless, few things can even come close to D&D when you're in the mood. . .

@Nathan:
Dude, it does more harm then help when you push yourself to far, in terms of training.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
@Roc: I guess so. Is it wrong if I lift 10pounds 200 times in each arm when I just started? (I've been practicing for nearly 2 months)
@Dipu: I thought you were cutting yourself mate. But who cares about school, skip as you like and become a fail everything's gonna be alright. I can't promise though.

Crux

Evermore
Years
@Jess:
That's terrible, but so hilarious! X)

@Nathan:
Honestly I don't know so much about weight lifting, I use a different muscel building tactic.
I can lift over twice my weight easily though, so I know it works! :3

Crux

Evermore
Years
@Dipu:
I've always heard it called things like 'Hooky', 'Ditching', 'Skipping', 'Tardy', 'Calling In Sick', etc...
Cutting is new to me though. -,-" (I guess that sort of thing is just regional...)

Nonetheless, glad you aren't self-harming!...?

>~>

Well, I've got things to do, and have lately formed this gross habit of not procrastinating. . .
See you later, guys.

Edit:
Haha, if I remember later I will.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Tchh we all are a little bit paranoid, hmm?

At least specify that you cut classes next time, okay? x; Otherwise you're going to have a bunch of people worrying about you like I was I:.

Also, Roc, how would being careful actually help anything? X} I figure I might've just hurt myself when I was fighting (in a playful, less-violent way) with a friend a couple of days ago. I still can't use one of my arms much without pain, so it's certainly possible.

Edit:
Missed several posts.

I've heard it referred to as cutting before- just misinterpreted Dipu's post.
I'm sure we all seem so overprotective right now. T:

...On the (irrelevant) upside, I found my Cranidos pencil.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
If you say "I'm playing hooky" I'm going to assume you're a time traveler from the 50s.

Reactions: Her

Honest

Hi!
Years
Nah, my skin is too nice to get slashed up (the words of almost every girl that knows me, NOT mine).

And my thoughts exactly, Toujie. Hooky is such an old term. Honestly, cutting's the only word people use in my school.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I use "skipping" personally. Or I just say "I didn't go" or "I'm not going" or something of that kind.

What do you do when you cut just one class though? I never understood that in high school, if you're coming back for the rest it's not like you have enough time to do anything. Unless those were all your last class of the day.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Good. X}
Though I don't often see people putting it so bluntly haha.

By the way, have/do any of you buy Pokemon TCG cards online? If so, how ticked off would you be if you found out the ones you bought were fake? I want to sell some of mine, but I'm not totally sure if they all are legitimate. I'd do my best to find out, of course, but still.

Years
If you say "I'm playing hooky" I'm going to assume you're a time traveler from the 50s.
I think I've heard it used only once, outside of movies/books/what have you, and that was back when I was in first or second grade and my principal was talking about "students caught playing hooky will be punished" or something like that.

I didn't know what it meant, and I don't even remember what I thought it could possibly stand for ah ha.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
The term here is 'wagging', lol. I truly don't see how that term ever got thought up, it makes no sense to me.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Live, that's just attactive rephrasement.
Like, you're not impatient, it's just your time management awareness reminding you to be more constructive.
Or, you're favorite old chair isn't 'flattened and faded', it's personalised.
Or, "McRib"

I've heard it called Hooky the most. . .
Is everything I know a lie?!? D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back