• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your favorite Pokémon MOVIE?

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
OS are officially terrible because i have been getting it shoved in my face over and over again.

AG, DP, BW and XY are the greatest movies of all time and far surpass that awful the OS movies.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
I admit I haven't watched them all, but my favourites are the First and Second Movie. The first Pokemon movie was a big deal when I was 11 years old.

Years
DP movies are still much better than the ones that came before and after.
OS/AG/BW/XY were okay, but they weren't the greatest. The Rise of Darkrai will always be the best movie ever.

Years
I feel like the 8th movie (Lucario and the Mystery of Mew) and the 15th movie (Keldeo and the Sword of Justice) come close. Particularly the 8th movie.

I agree for the Lucario and the Mistery of Mew. It had a true impact unlike others movies when Lucario dies in the end. It really impacted me and Ash was decided to save the tree no matter what even if it meant to give up his own life. I really loved that moment. I also definitely loved the bonds that M8 portrayed. I can really say it's close to be the best ever as well.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Pokemon 2000 without a doubt is my favorite. The rest just don't seem to compare for me.

Years
Easily the Rise of Darkrai or Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is such a powerful movie, it involves friendship, selflessness, and sacrifice.
I honestly can't watch it without crying, the beautiful song at the end brings the tears, as does Lucario's demise. I just love everything about the movie, it gives me so much nostalgia. The overall message of the movie truly stands out to me and is very impactful.

The Rise of Darkrai is another favourite, and another movie that brings about tears. I love Alice, Tonio, and other characters that are introduced. The design of Aloamos town itself is stunning, and Oracion and the soundtrack is just so spectacular. The lyrics in 'I'll Always Remember You' touch my heart, and fill me with so much emotion.

Both of these have so much depth to them which I think more recent movies lack.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
I usually dislike elitist who say that nothing beats the original. But no matter how I look at it, the first movie was the best. There have been plenty of other great ones though like 2000 and Deoxys.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
I feel like the 8th movie (Lucario and the Mystery of Mew) and the 15th movie (Keldeo and the Sword of Justice) come close. Particularly the 8th movie.

Out of curiosity, what did you enjoy about the 15th movie? I ask this because the Best Wishes series is my favorite era of the Pokémon anime (and I try to cherish every last bit of it, haha). However, that movie in particular never really stood out to me aside from its music, so I'm genuinely interested in knowing what you liked about it! ^-^

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Pokemon 4Ever always has been, and always will be my favorite Pokemon movie. No other movie can beat this one for me. It was really powerful, and it was probably the only Pokemon movie to ever actually make me cry. My second favorite is probably Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. I also really liked Rise of Darkrai and Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea were also good.

But Pokemon 4Ever will always be the best movie.

Unpopular opinion btw, but Pokemon I Choose You was also good.

Years
Easily the Rise of Darkrai or Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is such a powerful movie, it involves friendship, selflessness, and sacrifice.
I honestly can't watch it without crying, the beautiful song at the end brings the tears, as does Lucario's demise. I just love everything about the movie, it gives me so much nostalgia. The overall message of the movie truly stands out to me and is very impactful.

The Rise of Darkrai is another favourite, and another movie that brings about tears. I love Alice, Tonio, and other characters that are introduced. The design of Aloamos town itself is stunning, and Oracion and the soundtrack is just so spectacular. The lyrics in 'I'll Always Remember You' touch my heart, and fill me with so much emotion.

Both of these have so much depth to them which I think more recent movies lack.

I agree so much.
Rise of Darkrai only needed Darkrai not to survive at the end. I loved this movie so much.

Years
Pokemon 4Ever holds a special place in my memories, along with the second generation in general. It was around when I was old enough to just be able to grasp concepts around me, games and not. I remember it pretty fondly too because of it coming out around my introduction of the series as a kid.

Also Celebi makes me cry every time

Years
The first three, Heroes, and Diancie's movie because Diancie is my essence and me in a nutshell, basically. All of them made me very happy... but I have a lot of fond memories of the original 4-5 movies, since those were the ones I was most into. But there's no question that the Jirachi movie had the best theme =) Make a Wish was such an amazing song.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
You're all completely wrong, nobody has mentioned the Arceus movie nor have they mentioned number 3

Years
I admit, I haven't seen any of the newer movies, so I say Movie 2000 and Spell of the Unown are my favorites. I have vivid memories watching both so they were a bit part of my childhood.

love was when i

loved you one true time i hold you
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 29, 2018
I forgot what the movie was called :(

The one with Lugia and baby Lugia lol! Ever since watching that I was obsessed with that pokemon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Pokemon 2000 is probably my favorite. I love the music and Lugia is one of my favorite pokemon. I was always intrigued by the Legendary Battle.

I also love all the Manaphy and Lucario movies from Hoenn. Sinnoh moves come after them because I love the continuation of movies.

And currently. Pokemon I Choose You is next. Because I just loved the movie and how I thought the anime should have always been like.

It is very likely that movie 21 will surpass all of these if Lugia is indeed in it. Which I think it is a given sense Lugia's song is at the end of the trailer.

Back