• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Janske

Shinyhunter - Trance for life
Years
Guys I got shiny spearow on fire red:D! It took me exactly 2467 RE's lol. Bold natured however :(:(:( and IVs are so far:

HP: 4 - 19
Att: 0 - 13
Def: 7 - 23
SpA: 22 - 31
SpD: 5 - 21
Speed: 27 - 31

Still going for nidoran no matter what xD

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
@Janske Niceee~ Good stuff, congratz on the Spearow.

@Eevee Omg. I had NO clue about that. Thank you for tell me this. I should have looked more into this before pulling the trigger. But I was just doing some research. On youtube, a user named um T18MIKE mentions a method known as 'Post E4'. He implied, and suggested he did 50 times before finding a Shiny Raikou, that if you KO/Faint the Raikou/Entei, that they are respawned after every victory over the Elite 4 and Lance. After the game loads up, the two legendaries should be roaming again. You find them, and if they arent shiny, KO 'em, defeat the E4+lance, and try again. If at all possible, I wanna see if any of us in the positions to try this to do so. Considering I already messed up, and I lose nothing in slaying my two legendaries, Im DEFINITELY gonna give this a try and Ill keep the club posted on results. x.x

Janske

Years
@Janske Niceee~ Good stuff, congratz on the Spearow.

Thanks a lot man, very much appreciated
11.%20wink.gif
. And wow good luck trying to hunt for shinies that way haha. I will bow to you if you manage to pull that one off xD.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
Thanks dude, Im gonna need the luck. I already predict that is gonna take a ridiculous amount of time, compared to the normal method. x.x But its too late for me to use the original method, I might as well test out this other one that way all of us know what's up for sure. Cause if this really can and does work, this is totally something other people need to know about. :p

DACALSTA

Shiny Bug Hunter [4/69]
Years
congratulations to all the shinys caught recently wish i could say the same but my hunting is just as adamant as....as...*insert own pun here* school is also killing me i have R.E and French exam tomorrow

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
LMAO! -laughs at the self inserted pun.- That's tough. Best of luck with the exams. These are stressful times, with final exams and papers.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
*peeks in*
i'm new here > w<
Basically joined to post in here :3
Since shiny hunting sounds just about right ;3

Current shinies: Karrablast (White 2)
Current hunt: Treecko (Ruby)

unowen

The Wanderer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I want to ask you all---how long did you take to get your shiny starter? I have never acquired a shiny starter and I'd like to have one XD

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
Ive gotten... -counts his fingers.- Seven shiny starters. Two chikoritas, two totodiles, two cyndaquils, and a charmander. Charmander was my first, and it took three days. Each day I did about 10-13 hours of RSing while watching movies. The fastest one I got was my second Chikorita, took only 30 mins. The time varies greatly. x.x

Janske

Years
I want to ask you all---how long did you take to get your shiny starter? I have never acquired a shiny starter and I'd like to have one XD

I only tried for one very recently on charmander took me about 2412 soft resets to be exact. Time it took me I dunno but for sure between 10-15 hours considering the dialogue + intro.

@ Wasabii Welcome on the forums;)!

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Lol! That's exactly how I ended up here a week or two ago. Welcome, Wasabii!
x'D Well glad i'm not the only one.
I just recently got in the mood though, after contemplating it lots.
And the wild Karrablast really fed the fire lol

Thanks for the welcome guys! ^^

@Starter question:
I haven't gotten me a shiny starter yet but I have done approx. 2,700 SRs so far.
Gonna probably be here a while longer~ but I don't mind, I'm catching up on some TV shows while I do this lol.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
Same here, Wasabii. I thought it was weird of me, but soon learned many others are doing it too. We're all here for the same cause!! >;D

Oooo, Janske, that is pretty sweet SR for the charmander. Im jealous. Im gonna have to re-get my Charmander. I dont keep track of my number of RS's. Im one of this 'live in the moment people' and keep tracking of the numbers would drive me insane and would destroy the little patience I have. The numbers would be mocking or taunting me. XD

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2013
So my shiny Crconaw has gotten me up to Goldenrod City, but I was holding off on the gym there as my goal is to add a shiny to my team every couple gyms... seemed like a stretch, but gots to have goals and stuff. So I played at the game corner to get enough coins for an Abra (cause I ain't hunting a wild one and have it teleport on me... I'd cry I think) and did some resets trying to hit on, somewhere around a 100 over the last couple days. No biggy, just to kill time. At work and figured I'd rest on the resetting for Abra and try the bug-catching contest, ran around and didn't find anything, which was not really shocking. So post-contest I decided to do a couple REs in the park as I don't think Abra shows up there (and again, no teleporting...sad panda) and after three or four REs what pops up...

SHINY FREAKIN METAPOD!!!

Stared at it for a minute, quite shocked. Only my third RE pokemon EVER!!! Check battery - still good. Start lobbing balls at it. When it can't Harden any more I Scratched it a couple times with Aggro - his weakest attack - and kept throwing balls. Finally nabbed it on the 9th or 10th ball. Saved. Woot!!!!!

So introducing Team Shiny #2, soon to be a Butterfree....

Fluttershy
Female
Mild nature
Lvl 10
Often lost in thought
Attack 9
Defense 14
Sp Attack 12
Sp Def 11
Speed 11

Unfreakinbelievable!!! :D Woot!!

Edit: Looks like an orange-colored banana following me around in game...making me laugh. What a rush! :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
LMAO!!! Orange colored Banana. Thats hilarious. Rogue, that is cool stuff. I haven't had a RE shiny yet. Only SR, and one Chained Shiny. Kudos, dude. Congrats. Butterfree is a pwning pokemon to have. Ive found it to be very versatile.

Janske

Years
So my shiny Crconaw has gotten me up to Goldenrod City, but I was holding off on the gym there as my goal is to add a shiny to my team every couple gyms... seemed like a stretch, but gots to have goals and stuff. So I played at the game corner to get enough coins for an Abra (cause I ain't hunting a wild one and have it teleport on me... I'd cry I think) and did some resets trying to hit on, somewhere around a 100 over the last couple days. No biggy, just to kill time. At work and figured I'd rest on the resetting for Abra and try the bug-catching contest, ran around and didn't find anything, which was not really shocking. So post-contest I decided to do a couple REs in the park as I don't think Abra shows up there (and again, no teleporting...sad panda) and after three or four REs what pops up...

SHINY FREAKIN METAPOD!!!

Stared at it for a minute, quite shocked. Only my third RE pokemon EVER!!! Check battery - still good. Start lobbing balls at it. When it can't Harden any more I Scratched it a couple times with Aggro - his weakest attack - and kept throwing balls. Finally nabbed it on the 9th or 10th ball. Saved. Woot!!!!!

So introducing Team Shiny #2, soon to be a Butterfree....

Fluttershy
Female
Mild nature
Lvl 10
Often lost in thought
Attack 9
Defense 14
Sp Attack 12
Sp Def 11
Speed 11

Unfreakinbelievable!!! :D Woot!!

Edit: Looks like an orange-colored banana following me around in game...making me laugh. What a rush! :D

Very nice shiny man congrats!!! Even better than my (2nd) spearow lol. Even the nature isnt bad either:D. U sure are lucky to find it:D.

BTW i did 600 RE more after shiny spearow in order to get shiny nidoran but no luck yet ugh:(. Feel like this is going to take wayyy longer than the other ones:(

Huayra

Australian VGC Player
Years
Okay, I only have one shiny pokemon that I obtained recently and is really worth listing:
Zorua
I hatched it, I prefer the idea of breeding shinies to finding them in the wild.
I am currently trying to breed for a shiny Snivy, but when I have succeded I will move on the other two starters of Unova.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2013
Yeah, was incredibly lucky! I thought for sure I'd be spending the next couple weeks in search of my next shiny, and that itself was considering some luck. To find it tonight was completely bonkers, so I was thrilled. :D

Hope some of that luck will rub off on the rest of you! Good luck all! :D

Years
Not my usual post but I have an important question for everyone.

As we know, Latias/Latios are now available in BW2 and through the Engima Stone event, giving us plenty of opportunity to hunt for shiny ones...
But as personal preference I'd rather find them in third gen games, and the only way to do that is through the super rare eon ticket event.
However, I've come across an interesting revelation that, with a little bit of work, I could figure out how to create eon tickets. That's right. Anyone interested in me making a tutorial, should I sell the puppies when I work it out... any opinions?? I do have to wait so I can buy an e-reader first though, but this should be an interesting adventure!

Back