• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG + OCG Fan Club

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'm using Magical Citadel instead of Secret Village, but I was planning on experimenting with Village sometime soon.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Dunno about competitive viability of Citadel other than, say, for Spell Counter abuse (Tempest Magician and Magical Exemplar use it very well). Secret Village is very strong though, definitely - not quite in the current meta with Prophecies running around everywhere (normal summon a Batel, Jowgen, or Kycoo? there goes your lock. normal summon a Breaker? there goes your village too. damn.), but I liked the card two or three formats ago a lot.

Speaking of Spellcasters, I ran a deck called Arcanite.dek (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=245386) quite a while ago... two years ago, to be exact. It was actually quite a decent homebrew deck - but you can read more in the topic itself. We're trying to remake it this format, especially because there's such excellent Spellcaster support, but it's difficult to actually play the Trust Guardian - Arsenal Summoner combo at the moment because it's so slow, so we're looking towards methods to just spam Arcanite and Supreme Arcanite.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Prophecies aren't really much of a threat for me, As my deck mostly use normal spells and very little traps. Most people would focus on popping my field card since it's the card that messes them up the most. What I mostly do in a turn is summon as much monsters as possible while I got Village up, then I have Sorcerer of Dark Magic on the field and I'll get my Shockmaster on the field and call effects. So my opponent is pretty much screwed at this point. No spells, no traps and no effects. He can't really do much at that point.

But it also depends on the situations too, sometimes I can't get that combo going, but most of the time I can.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Well, for a casual deck, Citadel is pretty good. Just gotta keep your spell counters up and you will do well with it :)

Honest

Hi!
Years
That's what I've been doing =D

I realize why people play Chaos Dragons though. Made one, and it's really fun, hehe.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Username: Mr. X
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck: Anti-Heal
Favourite card: The Paths of Destiny

Yay, we have a tournament this GT.

Last edited:

DjentlemanJoe

A True Djentleman
Years
My kinda place. I used to play with the top UK players regularly. Good friends with most in the Buckingham/MK/Bedford area of England. I used to judge and was qualified under UDE as a Tournament organiser too.

Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck: Lightsworn (I still have a deck of these)
Favourite card: Blue Eyes white dragon (I have about 60 of these and it includes some pretty rare versions.
Do you have a Youtube Yu-Gi-Oh! channel? Not specifically. I have a Gears of War channel which I think I posted a few duels to. Youtube.com/thehostplayer. No longer active as I don't have proper internet here.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
On Saturday, me and my friends joined our local weekly tournament and my first opponent was using E-Dragons. I was like oh, crap. I was using burn and the score was 2-1 for him. I lost but I was pretty happy for the fact that I gave him a hard time summoning his dragons and attacking since I was playing a burn deck. The thin that messed me up was his Royal Decree, I had a Ceasefire and a Secret Barrel that I was gonna activate on his next turn, but on my end phase he activated Royal Decree, which basically saved the duel for him. It was a very interesting duel tho :-)

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
I'm new here -
Username: BtanH
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck: ???
Favourite card: I don't have one.
Do you have a Youtube Yu-Gi-Oh! channel? No

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Yea! When I heard that I was so happy. My long time Harpie Deck just got even better, haha.
It's coming out in the Legendary Collection 4: Joey's World :-D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'd like to join!

Username: PlatinumDude
Favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck: Crystal Beast (for fun)
Favourite card: Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Do you have a Youtube Yu-Gi-Oh! channel?: No

Cirrus

Years
Yes, BtanH plays YGO. He has too many pet decks, though, so that's why he didn't list one...

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I tried Constellar. I love how versatile their levels can be. Lots of different xyz and synchros combination they could do. Besides that, nothing else that's special from them :-P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
They're just an annoying XYZ spam archetype in my eyes. They're really pretty and how they work is kinda cool, but they're certainly nothing of a favourite to me. Everything they do just seems really unrelated to their theme and it's kind of irksome that the monsters themselves can't do much at all bar spam for XYZs haha. Though I've never been a fan of XYZs in the first place, so perhaps I'm a little biased!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I dont like xyz neither ( But I use them anyways, for the sake of competitiveness).

I just find them too easy to summon and their effects are really game changing. I prefer synchros but at least when xyz monsters don't have any more materials they're not as dangerous anymore. Whereas Synchros always keep their effects no matter what.

Cirrus

Years
Actually, back in the day, Synchros were way easier to spam and summon powerful copies of. When even Goyo / Brio / Trish were allowed (not to mention the legendary DARK DIVE BOMBER - er Dark Strike Fighter), Synchro decks thrived. However, most of them have been killed off due to various limitations (Plant Synchro and Debris/Synchron got hit hard, Blackwings got neutered, Mind Master got banned, et cetera) and so we have the somewhat tamer (?) Xyz monsters.

Constellar are actually a pretty cool archetype. They're no more Xyz spam than Verz are; basically, toolbox for stuff and generate advantage through Xyz. I find them quite tolerable and interesting; they have a built-in Infestation Pandemic Infection as well as a bunch of assorted cool toys (Pleiades = CED, Ptolemy M7 = awesome, very free Stratos, semi-free Salvage, and access to Starliege Paladynamo, among other things). I've had a spot in my heart for these guys ever since they were first released (without Sombre or Tenki/Bear), so I might be a bit biased, but... their theme is Xyz summoning, you know >>

Back