• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: TL's Quick Enhancer (~Making rom hacking faster and easier)

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
Here's how to make Maril/Azumaril and Wobbuffet always breed Azuril and Wynut without the need for the Incense items to be held for Fire red.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9542547&postcount=950
Thanks again for the suggestion,
But right at the moment I would like you to give a pause at making suggestion till I release the next update, as I am working at improving the things in this tool at this moment. :)
Hope you got me.

I mean a few hackers don't want to do this every time when they are making a firered or emerald hack....
Oh, I get it ;)

So how's the tool's next update going?
Its going preety well,
The most amazing thing is I have added ini support to the tool, means it will work accordingly with the ini file.. and more fascinating it works with the PGE ini file (with an extra ini file made especially for this tool), means you will need two ini files...
I am even working on an pokemon editor.... preety similar to that of PGE but with some extra features...( including the hidden ability), (with pge also hidden ability can be set but with this editor it will be even more easier)...
Also I have added support to all rom files....(not the adding features thing but just support)
Also I am redoing the project to enhance its look and better understanding, fixing some bugs which I found myself while cross-checking,
And adding new features like hidden ability for fire-red, pokedex habitat editor(with easy expansion) for fire red and also the ones I talked about earlier...
Phew... thats a lot :P
As a whole its going really well ;)

Years
I'm not really into programming/asm and don't know if this is possible.
But mabye you can use this to make transparent textboxes, permanent without transparency asm in every script.

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
I'm not really into programming/asm and don't know if this is possible.
But mabye you can use this to make transparent textboxes, permanent without transparency asm in every script.

Ok I got it,
I studied it a little, and seems like the transparency can be made permanent as well...
I will check that first with a fresh rom and if it works I will probably add that to my tool :)

EDIT:
Whoa, its great
Its working,
This is so much fun,
Now all I have to do is add this in the tool,
stay tuned for the next update ;)

Last edited:
Years
Ok I got it,
I studied it a little, and seems like the transparency can be made permanent as well...
I will check that first with a fresh rom and if it works I will probably add that to my tool :)

EDIT:
Whoa, its great
Its working,
This is so much fun,
Now all I have to do is add this in the tool,
stay tuned for the next update ;)

Glad I could contribute :)

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
NOTICE:

I am still working hard on this tool,
dont worry if you are not seeing any update of this tool for now,
as I am doing some drastic makeover of this tool with an ini file support ;)

also
I got a bug report from FSBS in a private message,
I have a request to all the users of my tool though,
if you find any bugs then report in this thread instead of sending me pm or vm,
because if you do so, all people who use this tool can know about that bug and prevent having bugs in their game :)

Spoiler:

So I read the codes and found that,
I added +1 to the pointer while inserting,
I have fixed it in the tool, but that fixed version will be happening only in the next update of the tool... till then I suggest not to use the
"CATCH POKEMON EXP GAIN" feature.

Also thanks to FSBS for reporting the bug,
when I see people reporting the bugs then I feel happy for the fact that people are using my tool and my hard work is not going wasted.

THANKS EVERYONE.... :)

Also here is the look of new tool (Exp gain feature)

TRNPdfz.png

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
Looking great, I'm looking forward to the next update.

Awesome looking tool man, will definitely use this in my hack!! ^^

Firstly thanks all for the support,

this tool now has 99 downloads (That's really huge for a tool which has just been started)

also wanted to show the work I am currently doing,
I know other tools have this features already but still I hope it can be better than other tools.

I also know some elistic people are gonna tell thats its useless but no matter I am still gonna do it ;)
8MM1eO6.png

Code:
EDIT: This work is still in progress with awesome features like,
only accepting numeric values in number of pokemon textbox,
accepting proper hex offset and auto validation of free space in those offset if you change it and so on :)

I hope you like it ;)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Firstly thanks all for the support,

this tool now has 99 downloads (That's really huge for a tool which has just been started)

also wanted to show the work I am currently doing,
I know other tools have this features already but still I hope it can be better than other tools.

I also know some elistic people are gonna tell thats its useless but no matter I am still gonna do it ;)
8MM1eO6.png

Code:
accepting proper hex offset and auto validation of free space in those offse4t if you change it and so on :)

I hope you like it ;)

That's pretty good, this would make adding all the stuff you need with one tool, truly making hacking easier and faster.

Years
8MM1eO6.png

Code:
accepting proper hex offset and auto validation of free space in those offset if you change it and so on :)

I hope you like it ;)
Will your pokemon inserter thing do the front sprites/back sprites/paw prints ect automatically or will you still have to manually implement them?

Regardless, keep up the awesome work ^^

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
That's pretty good, this would make adding all the stuff you need with one tool, truly making hacking easier and faster.
Yeah, thats my ultimate target ;)

Will your pokemon inserter thing do the front sprites/back sprites/paw prints ect automatically or will you still have to manually implement them?

Regardless, keep up the awesome work ^^

Have you used any other tool like pge, g3hs which support poke expansion???
If yes then my tool does the same thing as they do but with this tool you can select where to insert a paticular table,
But if you dont feel so then everything will happen automatically ;)

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
Just to inform you guys,
I have made a small free space finder within this tool,
It can search for free space offset ( also easily find the 4-aligned free spaces also ;) )

Aryan 10

Battle Legend
Years
Good job The_Learner for now I am thinking to use this on my hack because there are some features that I don't know how to implement.... Keep up the good work..... I am waiting for transparent textboxes...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
Can't wait for the BW repel system + Catch pokemon EXP gained in Emerald.
I hope you are close to implementing those ;)

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
Good job The_Learner for now I am thinking to use this on my hack because there are some features that I don't know how to implement.... Keep up the good work..... I am waiting for transparent textboxes...

Well I fell really great that people are using it... It really motivates me more.
and also,
for the transparent textboxes.... its working somehow,
but not working with all type of message boxes.. so I am currently trying to make those happen :)
You will have to wait some more time ;)

Can't wait for the BW repel system + Catch pokemon EXP gained in Emerald.
I hope you are close to implementing those ;)

About the BW repel system:
They are ready to be implemented.... just need few minutes to work on those...

and about the Catch pokemon EXP gained in Emerald:
I have never tried the codes that I have found,
I will have to firstly check if those are bug free and then only I can add those in the tools...

Right now I am making the Fire Red habitat editor..
Spoiler:

Years
Hey can I use them from your github repo in my tool ???

Yeah, but I don't think you'll be able to. Those are not simple bytechanges. Exp catching is done in the Battle Engine and you can't just take something out of it, won't work. Repel system is also more complicated, using two callasms to functions written in C.

Back