• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
But the graphics on no$gba mess up all the time :/
Well not for Platinum ;)
If you have the right version, Platinum works like a charm ;)

Im new to emulation and so far it has put me on the verge of insanity.
so im county on the kindness of strangers on the internet to give me a links to download a working pokemon platinum rom and emulation that will run it and instuctions on how to get running. thank-you
Sorry but you have to use google.
Links to ROMs are not allowed here.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2017
How do I open the ROMs on my Mac? I downloaded the emulator but can't open the ROMs to play. Help please???

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2010
your problem is either the emulator you downloaded doesent work or you cant play ROMs on mac I wouldn't know I dont know much about mac sorry :(

Well I hope I helped :)!

carlolicup

♀♪♫☼►◄↕‼? ??§☻♥♦♣♠•◘ ○
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
can someone give me a full AXVE.ini for advance text . I cant find one on google . and I am too lazy to search text parts .

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2010
Can you play Pokemon Azure Horizons on the psp?
I patch azure horizons ips to fire red and I get a BAK file, I need a GBA file to play on the psp

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
I need help...

Is there any way I can turn on Action Replay cheats in the no$gba debugger? There is no option that I can see, and it makes it difficult to hack things... So, ideas, anyway?

smurph717

Programmer
Years
the no$gba debugger? or just the standard emulator? realize, the emulator itself is free, while the debugger costs thousands of dollars (which inherently means no one is gonna know much, if anything, about it).

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Uh, this shouldn't be here. (Shame on Spherical Ice. :<)

I'll be merging this with the Emulation SQ thread.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Yes, smurph717, I am aware. I have the debugger for disassembling routines for the GBA/DS games and finding data, etc. But I can't really use it with the black screen issues that HG/SS have. :\

smurph717

Programmer
Years
quote the no$gba homepage:
No$gba as a Programming Tool
For programmers, the no$gba debug version is a wonderful useful tool, making it easier to them to make better games in less time. If you are a programmer, be sure to have a look at,
no$gba debug version homepage
no$gba debug version screenshots
I hope it will be a valuable tool being worth every cent if you should decide to buy it.
If you are not a programmer, then the debugging functions are completely useless to you, the debug version doesn't even support cheats! Really, you don't want to use that! Don't worry, no problem, just go using the no$gba freeware version for gamers

however, to get around the black screen anti piracy code, there's an ips patch for the rom floating around on the internet somewhere (or you can drop me a pm and i can email it to you, that's probably easier). :)

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
quote the no$gba homepage:

however, to get around the black screen anti piracy code, there's an ips patch for the rom floating around on the internet somewhere (or you can drop me a pm and i can email it to you, that's probably easier). :)
Yeah, I did see that actually, I was just hoping there was some command line prompt to use as a work-around. Apparently not.

That would be good, thanks. I'll PM you.

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
Years
Yeah, I did see that actually, I was just hoping there was some command line prompt to use as a work-around. Apparently not.

That would be good, thanks. I'll PM you.
Just change the instruction causing the loop. That should get rid of the most critical one.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I have a question. I'm using NO$GBA and playing Platinum. I don't encounter any errors whatsoever but the graphics is a mess. There's black lines everywhere? How do you fix that?

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2013
What are The HEX ADDRESSES of the STARTER POKEMONS on POKEMON LEAFGREEN ? I wanted to change it by HEX EDITTING ..

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
Zeffy- You can't. No$gba certainly sacrifices graphics for speed

Back