• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

7th Gen Is Ultra Sun/Moon Dead?

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
Years
Yeah I agree. I guess the game was just too similar to SM for YT's to cover a lot. In fact, most stopped posting USUM stuff right after the playthroughs. But still, I need to know: is the ride music the same (for Tauros)?

I've played USUM off and on in the last couple of months and the ride music is pretty much the same, to be honest.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
Years
I've played USUM off and on in the last couple of months and the ride music is pretty much the same, to be honest.

Well, goddamn it. BTW, I have a query abt the Entei event. The Official Pokemon site says that it's internet distribution via Mystery Gift, but every other credible source says code. What do I do? I don't live in America.

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
Years
Well, goddamn it. BTW, I have a query abt the Entei event. The Official Pokemon site says that it's internet distribution via Mystery Gift, but every other credible source says code. What do I do? I don't live in America.

According to Serebii.net, You can only get Entei through Serial Code.

Pok?mon Legendary Celebration Distribution
US: Target (22/04-29/04)
Canada - Trainer Club Newsletter
Chile - Microplay
Peru - Masgamers

This is what I got through the site.

However, if you have Sun and live in Europe, you can get it through Wifi.

Last edited:
Years
USUM isn't particularly dead, I don't think. Stagnant at the very most, probably, but that's the cycle of literally every Pokemon game ever made. Usually around a few months after release is when hype starts to wane more and more and people start to shit on the games blaming them for not doing enough to give them occupied 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Such is the way things go. Demotivation spreads like a disease; if your friends aren't playing it anymore, why should you? etc etc....

I've been giving this a lot of thought and I get why Gen VII would burn a lot of people out, but it's really no different than getting a burnout from say, Gen V or Gen VI for that matter when both had their periods when people grew sick and tired of playing them over and over again. The most we can do is wait for the Switch Pokemon game to be announced/released and hopefully it'll drive up and generate some excitement that was previously missing with Gen VII.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
Years
USUM isn't particularly dead, I don't think. Stagnant at the very most, probably, but that's the cycle of literally every Pokemon game ever made. Usually around a few months after release is when hype starts to wane more and more and people start to **** on the games blaming them for not doing enough to give them occupied 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Such is the way things go. Demotivation spreads like a disease; if your friends aren't playing it anymore, why should you? etc etc....

I've been giving this a lot of thought and I get why Gen VII would burn a lot of people out, but it's really no different than getting a burnout from say, Gen V or Gen VI for that matter when both had their periods when people grew sick and tired of playing them over and over again. The most we can do is wait for the Switch Pokemon game to be announced/released and hopefully it'll drive up and generate some excitement that was previously missing with Gen VII.

I'm surprised ORAS wasn't this roasted, though. I honestly don't remember people hating on ORAS this much. I remeber people getting pissed because of XY's ****ty post game, but not ORAS. However, looking at this forum itself, it's so bare compared to the SM section.

Years
I'm surprised ORAS wasn't this roasted, though. I honestly don't remember people hating on ORAS this much. I remeber people getting pissed because of XY's ****ty post game, but not ORAS. However, looking at this forum itself, it's so bare compared to the SM section.

This is the SM section. :P

And well... ORAS wasn't roasted on a whole lot because it was an okay remake all things considered (to the best of my knowledge), it just could've been better. The omission of Battle Frontier definitely hurt it, but it made up for it with the inclusion of literally every legendary ever as well as the new Soaring feature and keeping/introducing new Megas which is nice.

I suppose if seventh gen had less cutscenes and the "tutorial' aspect of the game was cut a bit it would've gotten a lot better reception considering those are people's biggest gripes.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
Years
This is the SM section. :P

And well... ORAS wasn't roasted on a whole lot because it was an okay remake all things considered (to the best of my knowledge), it just could've been better. The omission of Battle Frontier definitely hurt it, but it made up for it with the inclusion of literally every legendary ever as well as the new Soaring feature and keeping/introducing new Megas which is nice.

I suppose if seventh gen had less cutscenes and the "tutorial' aspect of the game was cut a bit it would've gotten a lot better reception considering those are people's biggest gripes.

I mean the USUM posts are very... idk, rare? People just don't seem inclined to play this game. Or maybe everything is so easy, no one has any doubts.

Years
It's really because of the whole "everything is the same as SM!!!" aspect that people either refuse to buy the games or have just gotten bored with them. An important point that is missing is that Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum are all rather well-liked games that haven't really had this kind of negative reception of being too same-y than the originals.

But again, I blame this reception on people having unrealistic expectations and being massively let down on what the games could've been.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
It's really because of the whole "everything is the same as SM!!!" aspect that people either refuse to buy the games or have just gotten bored with them. An important point that is missing is that Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum are all rather well-liked games that haven't really had this kind of negative reception of being too same-y than the originals.

But again, I blame this reception on people having unrealistic expectations and being massively let down on what the games could've been.

I think it's more that SM weren't that stellar to begin with and the ultras did little to fix them

Years

I think it's more that SM weren't that stellar to begin with and the ultras did little to fix them

I'm with you two here. Crystal, Emerald and Platinum had enough new features to warrant them being able to stand out from their predecessors in their own right, while US/UM didn't fix much from S/M aside from Totem battles, addition of Mantine Surf, Move Tutors being included, regional Dex expansion, and story changes only happening near the end.

While I admit US/UM's Totems are harder than S/M and require more strategy than ever, the fact it didn't do enough to correct the many flaws with S/M is why a lot of people detest these games or got disappointed with them due to setting expectations too high.

Years

Is it really? I dunno, people got their hopes up massively because SM provided such a memorable experience for a ton of people (despite its flaws). They more or less expected USUM to be this totally different game that would extend past the original's story and basically act as a sequel when it wasn't.

While there's certainly an argument that there was plenty to fix in the original games, for the most part people were happy with them. It was when USUM didn't really make things different that people's general mood about the generation began to tank.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Not dead, perse just incredibly quiet. Ultra Sun/Moon can mostly be seen as optional purchases at best as they're not sequels and merely the "third version" which is probably why most people don't bother with them I would think.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
Is it really? I dunno, people got their hopes up massively because SM provided such a memorable experience for a ton of people (despite its flaws). They more or less expected USUM to be this totally different game that would extend past the original's story and basically act as a sequel when it wasn't.

While there's certainly an argument that there was plenty to fix in the original games, for the most part people were happy with them. It was when USUM didn't really make things different that people's general mood about the generation began to tank.

A lot of people I know found SuMu to be overly easy and railroaded. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. Saw no reason to pay again for a slightly better version

Back