• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]A New Unova

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
In my opinion, the ice is just there to cover up part of the map that they don't want to reveal yet. First of all, the ice looks very unprofessionally placed. Just thrown over top of it in Photoshop. The edges of the ice just seem to end in random places, like the middle of Skyarrow Bridge (which would probably be collapsed if it was really frozen), and at the edge of the desert (which a very small portion of the ice overlaps on). Also, note how the ice is very translucent. You can see water, grass, sand, and even a few buildings underneath it, including Dragonspiral Tower, and if you look closely, you can kind of see Professor Juniper's lab. All this suggests to me that, rather than Unova being frozen over, the ice is doing no more than just concealing new features of Unova that have yet to be revealed.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
What could be under the ice that they'll have to hide it though...I'm excited to see what new things they may have added, maybe there's a new Battle frontier where the ice is placed over ^_^.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
If there's anything GF is trying to hide under the ice, it's probably just the fact that there will be new/different locations. I don't know if it would really be based on importance. Hopefully though!

But however way, I wouldn't mind it just being a cover up or something to do within the game. The second option is a whole lot more interesting though.

Years
It makes sense that the areas that are frozen over feature post game stuff, if I remember right they did so with HgSs' Kanto side. Maybe the hidden area has sites for legendary Pokemon such as the Sinnoh dragon trio like how Johto had the Tower for the Hoenn trio. If so than I expect it to be around Undella as that's near the Abysmal ruins which contain Arceus' plates.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Take a look at the northwest corner of the map. When you look at it there, it's rather clear the the clouds actually go under the ice. If that's how it's gonna be frozen for the game itself, why would the clouds go under the ice? That seals my theory that there are just new areas that have yet to be revealed that are being hidden by the ice for the time being. In time, the entire map without the ice should hopefully be revealed. What I'm really curious about is what's under the ice northeast of Village Bridge. Take a look there.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2015
probably just going to be a "oh no the world is going to freeze over if you don't stop team plasmatica or whatever they're called."
hopefully it makes more sense than the BW story...
but the ice over the map on the screenshot doesn't look like it is actually part of the world somehow. if you look along the edges of the icy bits... :/

Years
I wish we had a clearer version of the map it's too blurry to see much, especially with the glare...

I sure hope they added something there, east Unova seemed empty to me in BW...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I wish we had a clearer version of the map it's too blurry to see much, especially with the glare...

I sure hope they added something there, east Unova seemed empty to me in BW...

Spoiler:

You're welcome. I am betting they added a bunch more though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2022
I think Keldeo is going to help us breaking the ice and that Cryogonals and Kyurem froze that part of Unova. I guess we should look to the movie and understand the clues... if you know what I mean :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2021
I'd bet that the ice is just covering that part of the map. Unova becoming half frozen in the time of two years (right?) seems entirely illogical, even in Pokemon logic.

I guess the question is that what is the ice covering. Maybe those areas of BW Unova have advanced/expanded since two years previous?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I find it interesting that the starter towns from last game are frozen over. After the game starts usually no one really cares about the starter towns, so to make them an important part of the game would be amazinggg.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
asdf.png

I don't always post on pokecommunity, but I just wanted to give my two cents. I think it would be safe to say that the ice is just a coverup. After looking at the iced map I do not believe that I saw the town with the new water gym leader. Also I took the liberty of making a comparison with the two maps of Unova. I neglected to circle that fact that Castelia City has more boats in the harbor, whether that is relevant or not i am unaware. ENJOY!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I find it interesting that the starter towns from last game are frozen over. After the game starts usually no one really cares about the starter towns, so to make them an important part of the game would be amazinggg.

I completely forget about that town that's just north of Nuvema. Maybe them giving that side of the map some attention (via Ice Age) will help me remember. It'd be cool if the freezing (if any at all) actually started around that area! Or maybe it started from the Giant Chasm, seeing as that was where Kyurem once lived.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I thought we were clear on the map, it isn't frozen, it's just to cover the map up for a later reveal right?

Also, is that area in east Unova on the mountain the Abundant Shrine? It's sort of in the same place, or just slightly higher idk.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Well until it's confirmed, I'm still going to believe that it's frozen over on that side of the region. c':

And I don't think that's Abundant Shrine. If anything, I'm thinking it will be a small village near the shrine.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
asdf.png

I don't always post on pokecommunity, but I just wanted to give my two cents. I think it would be safe to say that the ice is just a coverup. After looking at the iced map I do not believe that I saw the town with the new water gym leader. Also I took the liberty of making a comparison with the two maps of Unova. I neglected to circle that fact that Castelia City has more boats in the harbor, whether that is relevant or not i am unaware. ENJOY!

I thought you were going to start with a most interesting man in the world statement.

Pretty interesting to see the changes side by side. I was too lazy to try and compare them. x]
I certainly hope the ice is just a cover-up, though according to serebii it actually isn't. However, if that's true and they do fit all of the new gyms into those new areas, I feel like this is going to be a relatively short game story-wise, not unless they choose to open the frozen areas up sometime during the game and not after.

I wonder how if there are any people still living in the frozen over areas? Kind of a scary thought.
Perhaps they're frozen as well?

Yikes.

Livewire_

Knight of Three
Years
I'm pretty sure the ice is just there to tie in with the Kyurem theme, it isn't literally there. Just to cover up new areas and the like.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I hope it's just covering stuff up. Having those lands actually be completely iced over gives the whole game a post-apocalyptic feel, which I don't feel suits the Pokemon franchise. Besides, having less territory to explore isn't usually a good thing.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Now I wouldn't be at all surprised if the area where Kyreum was found is a Ice Castle or something instead of just a cave.

But I think everything else i just normal. Just hideing new things like other people have said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back