• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What your starter pokemon B2/W2 ?

Years
I picked Tepig, and abandoned him as soon as I got a Growlithe, since they're the same type and I love growlithe enough that I'd want to pretend he was my starter. :D

While I had him, he was a tough lil piggy. I'll miss you, AAAAAAAA.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Well since in Pokemon Black I chose Snivy as my starter (I loved its evolution and I never go for grass type starters), in B2 I chose Oshawott. Maybe I would have chosen Tepig if Pignite and Emboar were a little better in looks.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2013
Tepig. why? No idea, I dont like using the new starters so i chose the one who would fit my team the best until I reach the league. I already trained Darmanitan in B so I didnt want to train him twice

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
For Black 2, I chose Snivy because it is my second favorite starter for Gen 5 (Oshawott is my favorite; I chose it in Black).

When I start my White 2, I plan on starting with Tepig because that is the only starter I haven't used yet.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
I both White and Black 2 I chose Tepig. Lucha libre wrestler plus ancient Greek pottery plus giant angry fire pig? Awesome. Just name him El Odio and I'm ready to take Unova by storm.

matsuko

Alliterating Artist
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
snivy, without question. i don't really care for the way the other two look, and snivy reminds me of excalibur in soul eater XD

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I've played all four games, so I've used all three starters. My first, on White, was Tepig. It's a bit disappointing, since it doesn't learn enough really good attacks and it's a bit too slow, but I liked it pretty well and used it all the way through the E4. The second, on Black, was Oshawott. I'd say it's the best of the three overall and I like the evolutions (Samurott being four-legged doesn't bother me in the least), but it's still not that great - this is, IMO, the poorest set of starters in any of the games yet. It didn't make it to the E4 (Carracosta handled the Water duties). The third was Snivy, on Black 2, and I boxed it almost immediately. I finally took it back out and used it until it evolved to Serperior, but mostly just to do it and be done with it, and I boxed it again after that. A fast defensive Grass type just isn't terribly useful, particularly in a generation that introduced two of the best Grass types ever - Leavanny and Lilligant.

I'm currently playing White 2, and picked Tepig as the starter, so that's the one I've used twice. That's partly because, in spite of the fact that Samurott's a bit better balanced pokemon, I just like Emboar better, and partly because I'm playing Rosa, and she seems to generally be pictured with Emboar.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I picked Snivy. I had picked Tepig in my White and simply boxed it because I never had any intentions on using it. On Black 2 though I did use my starter so I chose the starter with the design I liked best. It was pretty alright. Obviously not the best starter but it did well and I didn't become frustrated with using it or anything.

Years
Oshawott of course, in Black 2 that is. Yet to start White 2 though.

Oshy is my mascot so therefore you'd know I'd pick that little blue otter.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
When I first started Black 2, I went with Tepig because I didn't really use that one before. But then I restarted the game with a planned team, and Magby was on my team. I chose Oshawott for my current game, since--as I said--I already have a Fire type and a Grass type.

Sailor Moon ™

Champion of Justice
Years
I prefer, Oshawott due to his evolution into Samurott. However, I started out with Snivy. My reason being, "Rosa". I'm well aware that Pokemon typically base names around the Pokemon type of said character. Examples: Misty - Water Type, Gadenia - Grass Type, etc. and this left me feeling obligated to start with Snivy.​

Years
I actually picked all 3 (multiple games), Snivey's evolution would be used to catch pokemon cause grass pokemon are usually the best type to take your time with and attack carefully or switch out, Tepig.. Was more like a tank, he would get slower through out the evolutions and his defence and attack ↕ making emboar a wall for my team so i could go through lots of battles barely healing him, while oshowatts evolution.. I love water pokemon, water pokemon where mainly defensive except for the rare few like gyarados and kyogre ect. samurrot was actually strong, i nearly cleared the Elite 4 with just aqua jet untill i hit alder, then i had to use my dreaded leavanny x.x

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Oshawott, and it has always been Oshawott thus far due to my tendency to pick Water Starters. The best thing is that whatever the nature it has a good movepool. It also makes a good HM Slave as Samurott can learn 5 HM moves.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
I love Tepig, but hate Emboar. Samurott is okay, and is the only Surfer that I can tolerate. But I like going with Snivy.

Back