• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Years
I can't tell you how much fun I'm having with this hack right now. It certainly is refreshing to play Fire Red with 5th-gen features (which is what had been pulling me back from playing <5th gen games as I'm used to the new movesets and P/S split), and I think I'll be replaying this A LOT (on my phone).

Thank you for the awesome work!

edit: and the attack animations! they are simply works of astonishing art.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2014
Nice Hack can't wait to play it!:) Just a question though. Can I use YAPE to check all the movesets and such? Or will it break the game? Thanks

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
I believe you have forgotten about this hack, but if you see this and it's not too late, I have a request.

I would lovee a .txt stating all TMs, and moveset changes.

I'm not sure which moves certain pokemon will now learn, so a list would be great

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2012
Hi, I just attempted the game and am running into a problem. The overworld looks totally out of whack, graphically. Here's a screenshot: i49.tinypic.com/2lw82gk.png

I'm using VBA 1.7.2 and v1.6 of the ips, on Windows 7. Thanks for any help!

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Hi, I just attempted the game and am running into a problem. The overworld looks totally out of whack, graphically. Here's a screenshot: i49.tinypic.com/2lw82gk.png

I'm using VBA 1.7.2 and v1.6 of the ips, on Windows 7. Thanks for any help!

That looks like either you patched it wrong, or you patched a corrupt ROM. Try doing it over again, and if that doesn't work download a new patch and ROM from somewhere.

Are the following Pokemon available in the game?:

Houndour/Houndoom
Poliwag/whirl/wrath
Spearow/Fearow

None.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
having a lot of fun playing this!really wanted to play a hack with physical/special split and i couldnt find one better than this.

Years
This hack seems outragously interesting... move spilt I love hacks that feature that
Edit: OMG, after looking the pokemon evolutions!! Gliscor is in the game :D,
you sir are a genius if you hacked that he can learn fly you should get a noble prize

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2023
Been playing this for a while & just beat the e4 a second time. You sir did a marvelous job with everything!

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
another question.. does Torchic has it's dream world abillity? which makes him the strongest starter pokemon XD

I hoped so too, but he doesn't :(

He learns either Blaze or Hyper Cutter (total BS imo, Speed Boost would be awesome :p )

I tried Serperior and he didn't really do it for me. I found him ugly and his stats were rather unappealing.

I'm kinda stuck between Blaziken and Empoleon. I was Conkeldurr and Lucario, so with blaziken that would be 3 fighting pokémon (kinda pointless). So idk :x

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2021
Great hack. I'm infront of the Victory Road now, some things have been quite hard.

Years
I hoped so too, but he doesn't :(

He learns either Blaze or Hyper Cutter (total BS imo, Speed Boost would be awesome :p )

I tried Serperior and he didn't really do it for me. I found him ugly and his stats were rather unappealing.

I'm kinda stuck between Blaziken and Empoleon. I was Conkeldurr and Lucario, so with blaziken that would be 3 fighting pokémon (kinda pointless). So idk :x

I chose Empoleon cuz I'm doing the blue monotype challenge but apart from Nidoqueen there are no other blue non-water or steel pokemon that I can find

I have Lucario , Empoleon and Nidoqueen...
I also found a Beldum but I already have 2 steel pokemon
where can I get Gible or Deino?

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
Oh, thank you, my good lad! It's been years that I'v been looking for a hack that make Furret something more than a crap so I got to try this hack.

Just one question - Is there any way by any chance to make a tool that will help you find the wild pokemon with the nature that you prefer?

*Also: is there any document with a list of all the pokemon & changes? I'm trying to consider if to train Munna or not.

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
*Also: is there any document with a list of all the pokemon & changes? I'm trying to consider if to train Munna or not.

Not at the moment. However I can say this having played through the entire thing: The game has the stats of every mon in their Pokedex entry, and the moves are mostly their own B/W list with useful egg moves swapped out for what isn't in the game. With a couple of moves switched around to make things a little more fun and a few levels changed around, that is. Also don't forget: the move tutor is free so if you screw up, it's available.

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Hey look, an update.

The hack is now packaged with a .txt file containing everything's movepool, for easy reference that should answer a number of questions.

With regards to Speed Boost Blaziken- its omission is very much intentional. It has a tendency to eat teams alive after a single Swords Dance without Speed Boost- giving it Speed Boost and pretending the starters are evenly matched would be lunacy.

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Hey with this new update does that mean i should patch it over the 1.8 version i have for YetAnotherFireRedHack? or should i start over entirely(which i hope isnt the answer)?

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
You should patch it over a clean ROM. It will *probably* work still if you patch it over an old version, but it'd be safer not to. It is compatible with old saves though.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
You should patch it over a clean ROM. It will *probably* work still if you patch it over an old version, but it'd be safer not to. It is compatible with old saves though.

I struggled really hard to find a decent water pokémon for my team. Gyarados would be beastly, but his water atacks are all special and his main stat is attack.

I ended up choosing ludicolo, but everything but Empoleon seems kind of weak :x

I think that's the biggest problem I found so far

Back