• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (Mario & Luigi RPG 4)

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
I hope this is the right place to post this.

I was watching the most recent Nintendo Direct and I noticed they announced a new Mario and Luigi game. As the title says, it's called Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, I am personally very excited about it. It also has a release date for Summer 2013.

jz0gMvr.png

Are you excited about it?
Are going to buy a 3DS for this?
Discuss. :D

User19sq

The Mario & Luigi RPGs are traditionally big hits with me. But to be honest, I do want a few details about it in general before making a decision. So I think I'll wait a while before actually deciding on getting it. Though I think we all know it probably will be worth getting.

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
The Mario & Luigi RPGs are traditionally big hits with me. But to be honest, I do want a few details about it in general before making a decision. So I think I'll wait a while before actually deciding on getting it. Though I think we all know it probably will be worth getting.

There is a few more details, it's kinda hard posting stuff on my phone. :P
But there is a feature that you play as Mario in Luigi's Dream and you have to use Starlow from M&L:BiS(yes, it showed him in the video) to play with Luigi's face, like tickle his nose to make him shake and move blocks around.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Judging by the details, I'm guessing the villain will be associated with nightmares, and the game is going to be more like Inception and that one Spongebob episode about dreams. I wonder if they'll still use Bowser as the first enemy, mid-boss, and final boss like the other M&L titles.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Man, the reasons to get a 3DS just keep piling up.

I enjoy the Mario & Luigi RPGs, although I'm gonna hold off a bit on deciding to buy this one right away. There are a few other things coming out this summer that I need to set money aside for, and I'd need to buy a 3DS as well but part of me is hoping that a special edition Pokemon 3DS will be announced with the release of X and Y.

We'll see. We'll see.

Years
Yay, a Mario & Luigi RPG; love them! Really excited for the release, probably should go out and fetch myself a 3DS/XL considering all the other 3DS games being released recently and later this year.

I liked having Bowser as the enemy throughout, because after you defeating him so many times then he gets away, it feels like a bigger accomplishment when you finally actually defeat him.

Years
Mario and Luigi titles are one of my favourite series EVER; I was sold the very second I saw Starlow and knew it was a M&L game.
If you can't tell from my avatar and green text, Luigi's my favourite character, so I can't wait for this! :classic:

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
I took some screenshots of it from Nintendo's youtube video of it, it looks really good, if anybody already has a 3DS and internet, it looks really cool in 3D.

Normal Mario & Luigi Gameplay:
Spoiler:

Mario Inside Luigi's Dreams:
Spoiler:

Starlow Playing with Luigi:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Judging by the details, I'm guessing the villain will be associated with nightmares, and the game is going to be more like Inception and that one Spongebob episode about dreams. I wonder if they'll still use Bowser as the first enemy, mid-boss, and final boss like the other M&L titles.
It'll probably not gonna happen, but since the game is set in a dream world it's the perfect setting for Warts to make a return. He hasn't made an appearance since SMB2 USA, so he deserves another chance. A spin off seems very plausible.

Anyway as good as the other Mario & Luigi games are, I really hope the story doesn't stretch it to the point where it doesn't really feel like a Mario game. But that's what Mario RPGs always do sadly, and it IS what most people like about them haha. As long as the charm and art style still pertain from the previous games, then I have no complaints. Oh well, still getting it if it's any better than the previous three.

Also the artstyle transitioned to 3D very well here and it looks really great. Why can't Pokemon do the same? :/

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I loved the trailer, and its totally awesome that this is a summer release and not a winter one. The interection with Luigi to change the dream world sounds cool enough, but the real kicker is gonna be what really goes on in Luigi's head. I hope to god we see a level were Mario is the older better brother, casting shadows all over these min-Luigi's.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Still haven't finished BiS, from busy doing college (and fire emblem).

I'll pick this one up in the distant future maybe! Love these games!

Years
The screenshots look really good, seems as though they have included a lot of creative aspects to the game. Reminds me of Pokemon, slightly, with the buildings of all. And Luigi's dreams look very interesting. I think I will definitely go out and pick this game up in the summer, looks promising. :3

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I loved all three of the M&L games, and I was just thinking a few weeks ago how much I wished Nintendo would announce a new one. So when this was announced, it became a must-buy for me. Not sure how much I like the graphical style of this one (the 2D pixel art was wonderful for this series), as long as it keeps the same fun gameplay and is as hilarious as the others, I'll love it.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I'm glad to hear about this. The M&L games are some of my favorite RPGs to just sit back and play. Definitely going to pick this one up, though not right away. I still need to work on the backlog of games.

I hope the classic little touches of humor are still in this game. Those just added to the charm of the games.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
The screenshots look really good, seems as though they have included a lot of creative aspects to the game. Reminds me of Pokemon, slightly, with the buildings of all. And Luigi's dreams look very interesting. I think I will definitely go out and pick this game up in the summer, looks promising. :3
Actually makes me wonder if GF could have gone ahead with a hi-res sprite based solution till they figured out the 3D a bit more and use it for gen 7.

Back