• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quickly switch Pokémon storage boxes with L and R buttons

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
As mentioned before in this post, I've made a small change to the Pokémon storage script a while back to allow switching between boxes with the L and R button (being Q and W on the keyboard respectively). I find this a very nice feature from the original games, and since it wasn't in essentials yet, I decided to code it myself.

How to implement
Go to the "PokemonStorage" script and find "def pbSelectBoxInternal(party)" then scroll down to the following code and add the highlighted section:
Code:
      if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
        @selection=selection
        return nil
      end
      [S-HIGHLIGHT]if Input.trigger?(Input::L)
        #call function to switch box to the left
        nextbox=(@storage.currentBox==0) ? @storage.maxBoxes-1 : @storage.currentBox-1
        pbSwitchBoxToLeft(nextbox)
        @storage.currentBox=nextbox
      end
      if Input.trigger?(Input::R)
        #call function to switch box to the Right
        nextbox=(@[email protected]) ? 0 : @storage.currentBox+1
        pbSwitchBoxToRight(nextbox)
        @storage.currentBox=nextbox
      end[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
    end
  end

This should do the job. If there are any questions, feel free to ask. Any comments or feedback are welcome.

Optional Extra
In the "PokemonStorage" script search for the following line; "def pbSelectPartyInternal(party,depositing)", and do the same as above. This will allow box switching while in the party screen.

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
The pokémon box sprites don't refresh correctly. For fixing this, put your changes before both lines 'if key>=0' and, after lines '@storage.currentBox=nextbox' (the four made with this change) add line 'key=0'.

Back