• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Eclipse

What sould the Name Change to?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shun1

Started Project RGSShun
Years
Two parts to this section

Part One.

I need an Overworld Spriter and I also need a beta tester.

Part Two

I haven't decided yet, I don't know whether to make it so you can see the whole of Johto or if i should only keep it to a small part of Johto.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Well, I just played the demo, and here's all the problems I've discovered so far.

- The intro is nearly identical to the standard one. You change the sprite and one line, the rest was left.
- The Route 1 music you encounter in the first area doesn't loop properly.
- When you choose a Pokémon, you get the "Player obtained CYNDAQUIL" message twice.
- There's nothing stopping you from picking all the Pokémon after you picked your first one. I walked away with all three starters.
- After you pick the Pokémon, the music changes for no reason.
- You can walk through the stairs in Will's house. Here's a screenshot.
- Seriously, the grammar in this game is really, really poor. For a start, capital letters are used at the start of sentences and for proper nouns (names of important things and places). At the moment, you're using random capital letters everywhere. Also be sure to learn the difference between your and you're, of and off, then and than. To be honest you should've learnt all this in fourth grade, and it really takes away the suspended disbelief that this is actually a fan game.
- The dialogue is sluggish and repeptitive. Most of the time the player just says "Okay then" and the rest of the dialogue is simple and childish.
- Whenever I get in a wild battle, the game crashes with this error. It made the beta nearly unplayable.
- By looking at encounters.txt (since I couldn't actually have a wild battle), the Pokémon are far too strong. Wild Pokémon should never out-level the player's Pokémon.
- At the beginning, the game seriously has no story. Why are you with Will? Why does he randomly give you a Pokémon? How on earth does Will magically teleport to a city nearly three routes away in a matter of minutes?
- Whenever I go into a trainer battle, I get this

Seriously, did you even play through this beta? It's unplayable, and the whole game is just poorly made.

Shun1

Started Project RGSShun
Years
Well, I just played the demo, and here's all the problems I've discovered so far.

- The intro is nearly identical to the standard one. You change the sprite and one line, the rest was left.
- The Route 1 music you encounter in the first area doesn't loop properly.
- When you choose a Pokémon, you get the "Player obtained CYNDAQUIL" message twice.
- There's nothing stopping you from picking all the Pokémon after you picked your first one. I walked away with all three starters.
- After you pick the Pokémon, the music changes for no reason.
- You can walk through the stairs in Will's house. Here's a screenshot.
- Seriously, the grammar in this game is really, really poor. For a start, capital letters are used at the start of sentences and for proper nouns (names of important things and places). At the moment, you're using random capital letters everywhere. Also be sure to learn the difference between your and you're, of and off, then and than. To be honest you should've learnt all this in fourth grade, and it really takes away the suspended disbelief that this is actually a fan game.
- The dialogue is sluggish and repeptitive. Most of the time the player just says "Okay then" and the rest of the dialogue is simple and childish.
- Whenever I get in a wild battle, the game crashes with this error. It made the beta nearly unplayable.
- By looking at encounters.txt (since I couldn't actually have a wild battle), the Pokémon are far too strong. Wild Pokémon should never out-level the player's Pokémon.
- At the beginning, the game seriously has no story. Why are you with Will? Why does he randomly give you a Pokémon? How on earth does Will magically teleport to a city nearly three routes away in a matter of minutes?
- Whenever I go into a trainer battle, I get this

Seriously, did you even play through this beta? It's unplayable, and the whole game is just poorly made.

This s the reason I need a beta tester and also Thank you for pointing every glith out i will try and sort them all.

Shun1

Started Project RGSShun
Years
I just played the beta.

Everything that Mrchewy said goes; however; I was able to copy and paste the .ddls that I assume you deleted into the folder, so it didn't crash with battles.

I got to the forest, and then I went up to the mew, and this awful .mp3 blasted through my speakers. You should at least choose fitting music.
Anyways, the game crashed because you didn't add the grunt fight.

On top of that, you're mapping is poorly executed, as it's square and such in areas. You're eventing isn't great either, I was also able to walk off with all the starters.

The game size is a large 81.5MB, which is huge. Trying converting you're .mp3s into .ocgs, it will decrease the file size.

This has a bit of potential, but it needs work.

~PY

Yes i think the reason for the music blasting out is because I deleted all the music and i didn't keep track of themusic.

and I deleted the .dll file because i didn't know if you needed it so that is my fault extremly sorry.

Beta 1.1 well be released soon.

Shun1

Started Project RGSShun
Years
Shun I have played the demo or tried to... Remember you need to keep the DLL File thing to make it work.
Yes Pokepal I now know that i need to keep the whatever file. That was my mistake.

But now i have a beta tester

i have asked <~Flood~> to be the beta tester for the game and he has said that he would be the beta tester for me so i am going to give him the game file and he will well test it and report on it. I have also asked him to correct anything that is wrong.

I am so sorry i have to do this but i need to take a rest from making any games because i am getting stressed because no one is helping me out, the file keeps going :S and I need a small break this may be a week or two i haven't decided. When i fell better i will start making the game again.:pink_pissed:

Last edited:

Pokepal2007

angels awakening
Years
I am so sorry i have to do this but i need to take a rest from making any games because i am getting stressed because no one is helping me out, the file keeps going :S and I need a small break this may be a week or two i haven't decided. When i fell better i will start making the game again.:pink_pissed:
[/QUOTE]

That is a shame that you are taking a rest but i understand. Cant wait for next updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back