• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Xavier

"Alright Blaze you need healing if I'm gonna do this." Xavier said.

"Do wha..." Xavier had a habit of returning his pokemon mid-sentence.

"Huh-ello." A boy had walked up to the healing stand.

"Hey Skye! I'd like you to meet my new friend Xavier! Xavier, this is my best friend Skye!" Bri said happily.

"Oh.... ummmmm... hello?" Xavier leaned over to Brian.

"I don't mean to be rude..." He whispered so that Skye couldn't hear.

"But does he have like a stutter or something, or is there another reason he just said huh-hello?" Xavier did his best not to sound like a total jerk.

Xavier was suddenly distracted by Marks sudden appearence.

"Mark, is something wrong? I noticed you were pretty bummed back there, I would have stopped to ask but I was in the middle of a high-speed chase..." Xavier sighed.

"Is everything alright?"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark sat silently waiting for his pokemon to be healed. He gathered his Pokeballs and placed them onto his belt, letting Snype go out of his ball. He seemed pretty down as well. He finally replied to Bri. Mark couldn't get mad at him. He was one of his best friends after all. Mark let out a sigh while Snype looked at Thyme with a faint smile.

"Hi Bri. It... its nothing... well, that's what I would say if I were anything close to a good liar." Mark said. To think he had been confident about going off to battle one of the champions... now he felt like he just wasn't in the mood.

"No. Nothing is ok. I just got humiliated in front of a huge crowd of people. I got absolutely destroyed in battle.... but that's not even why I'm upset... she..." Mark paused. "...called me weak. Claimed I stole her friend from her and said I wasn't worthy of being in this school. A real kick to the balls... I was insulted in a whole different level." Mark said, clenching his fists. Again, he was more angry then anything.

"Gah... if I could just battle her again... if I could just get my team to really dominate the battlefield..." Mark was tempted to just bang his fist onto the reception desk but held himself back. He didn't need to make any bigger of a scene. All he knew is that he didn't want to see Sel again for awhile. Not until he was ready to show her what for.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

Valorie Ryder & Lance

Valorie turned to acknowledge Selene. She seemed perfectly friendly towards her, if not a bit awkward because of the situation at hand. She nodded to Selene as she left before turning her attention back to Sam. Sam went on to... complain about Selene. Valorie's expression became annoyed. Selene? She was just wishing Valorie good luck! It was Sam's fault they were in this mess! Sam then went on to think about something before speaking up again. He then proceeded to call Selene a foul name and Valorie just sort of froze up. Her eyes just sort of narrowed as Sam told her to keep her mouth shut. It was hard to judge by her expression what she was thinking, only that she wasn't happy.

'H-He just called my-... my-... my..." Valorie thought to herself as she began to grit her teeth. The frustration of being afraid to admit to herself how she felt about Selene only magnified her frustration until she was /majorly/ ticked off. Between all the lousy crud that had happened to her today, and all the stuff she was going through, and all the stuff Sam had personally done to her to make it worse... her blood was /boiling/! Awww heck no! HECK NO! HE. DID. NOT! Her expression contorted with rage and she totally began to stalk towards Sam, her arms out stretched towards her neck as if she was going to /throttle/ him. She might've tried too, except when she got close, her eyes filled with violent intent, Lance's arm came down and held her back. When he spoke, his voice was stern.

Lance: "Enough! ..."

He let the words hang in the air for a moment before continuing. Valorie just sort of did her best to restrain herself. It was hard. It really was.

Lance: "...For you two, I will battle twice. You can take turns."

Valorie's gaze fell. She was both ashamed, upset, and kind of emotionally strained. She'd felt so many emotions today that she was kind of near breaking down. She could feel it, feel herself struggling not to let herself topple over that line. Not here... not now... not in front of everyone... So far, she was managing though.

Lance gazed back and fourth between the two before taking note of Valorie's expression. She seemed pretty upset, to say the least. He then turned his attention to Valorie.

Lance: "Are you alright..? Are you feeling up to battling? Do you need someone to talk to?"

Valorie would shake her head yes, then yes again, then no. She wasn't going to admit weakness just yet. Lance then turned to Sam, regarding him as calmly as he always had.

Lance: "I'll take care of her first, alright?"

It wasn't so much a question as it was Lance asking Sam to accept it. It was mostly because Sam seemed to be the more emotionally stable of the two to him. He felt he could trust Sam not to make a big stupid deal over something like this more than he could Valorie, sadly.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
N

As the crowds were forming around the stage and the group began dispersing, N seemed to keep his attention on both Jason and Dante for a moment. As Jason walked off, N decided to wait with Dante at best. After all, Dante's Rufflet was coming back or should be coming back with Raltz. He looked to one of his friends on his belt and let out Zoroak.

"Keep an eye on that boy for me," he said as he pointed towards Jason. Zoroak took on the form of a student at the academy, but with red and black hair, and proceeded to follow Jason. It was a good way for N to make sure they wouldn't go too far from them.

He looked to Dante as he waited for the Rufflet to come back. "It shouldn't be too long for him to find Raltz right?" Might as well start some casual conversation.

He gave a hello to both Elekid and Combustion, noticing both had appeared now, and looked on stage to see Valorie having troubles with some boy he hadn't met before.

". . . Well. . . that's. . . interesting," was all he could say right now.

Kenshin Ren
Kenshin had decided to wear his dorm jacket today. It was a field trip after all, and the students were supposed to be representing the academy as teachers commonly tell their students whenever they go on field trips. Granted. . . he almost didn't see the point of what they were supposed to learn really. Was it just about pokemon battles? That's what it seemed to be judging from how the students were battling one another and with what was going on with those champions up on stage. And now there were two students fighting for a chance to face lance or something. He facepalmed. This was exactly the kind of S*** he did NOT want to deal with when he agreed to join the academy. It was those kinds of situations like the ones on stage he didn't want his pokemon exposed to.

Maybe that's why he was hanging out close to the edge of the room, keeping to himself and not hanging with the other students and teachers. That was probably why he kept the only three friends he had here safely tucked away in their pokeballs, just so they wouldn't get hurt out here in this chaos.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
"Enough! ..." Sam heard Lance speak up behind him. He was quite startled by the tone and how suddenly he had said that, and turned around to see Valorie stopped by Lance, her hands very close to his neck. Sam slowly backed away a bit, realizing that she may very well have tried to kill him. Was it because of the comment about her friend? Probably, maybe. Sam was feeling quite exhausted and frustrated now, every time he tried to control the situation, Valorie had to screw it up.

"...For you two, I will battle twice. You can take turns." Taking turns? Okay, Sam was fine with it. He didn't even know whether Valorie would actually be able to fight with him in a double battle. He kept quiet as Lance noticed both of their expressions, and Valorie's gaze fell. Sam glanced at her face, and he could clearly see sadness in her eyes. He started to think... He really had caused her a lot of grief and misery. Everything that had happened today... had really pushed her to the limit, and for the first time in his life, Sam felt sad about somebody else, and regretted his actions. But he also felt that if she hadn't tackled him before, it wouldn't have escalated to this stage. The situation had grown out of proportion, and it was taking its toll on both Sam and Valorie's minds.

"Are you alright..? Are you feeling up to battling? Do you need someone to talk to?" Lance asked Valorie. She nodded twice, then shook her head. Sam facepalmed. She was obviously in no condition to battle, and Lance could probably see it as well. Lance then turned to Sam, saying, "I'll take care of her first, alright?"

Sam waved a hand, saying, "Yeah, take care of the fangirl first." He knew that Lance wanted to battle her first to get it over and done with, otherwise who knew, she would probably murder him in front of thousands of people anyway. But Sam did regret what he had done to her, and he really really REALLY wanted to apologize, for the first time in his life. He didn't know what he was about to do now, everything was just so... clouded.

Sam walked up to Valorie, and for some reason, he was blushing. "Am I really doing this?" He thought, as he walked up to her. He then, surprisingly, hugged her. "Listen, just keep cool and calm through the battle, concentrate on your Pokemon, don't think about your opponent. Oh, and... sorry for everything. Really." He whispered in her ear, before he let go. He walked away from the 2 of them, waiting patiently for his turn to come.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

Valorie Ryder

Valorie just sort of fidgeted when Sam made the fangirl comment. She really wasn't in an emotional state to react to that in a way that wasn't throttling him, and of course she wasn't really willing to try and throttle him over something that small anyway. There was something about being this wrung up that just... deadened her ability to emotionally react to things. It was mostly because she subconsciously knew her reactions would be severe. It was sort of like her emotions were an enormous flood of water and she was the dam holding them back. If she gave way, they'd come flooding through with a lot more intensity than she wanted, possibly hurting or screwing something up in the process.

What she definitely did not expect was to be approached. She just sort of dejectedly looked up at him as he moved towards her. What was he doing? Was he really mad at her? Should she /run/? Her eyes just sort of widened when he proceeded to put his arms around her. She actually drew back slightly, just /not/ understanding what he was doing. Yet, a hug was given despite all this. He might find that she was... shivering a bit, her heart racing. Such was the sheer extent of her angst. Some people didn't realize that your own personal struggles were entirely relative. Yeah, dating and self-image problems might not seem like a big deal to others, but they were tearing her apart because...well...that was her life. Valorie didn't really entirely react to the hug. She wasn't sure what to make of it. Sure, she liked hugs but... it kind of mattered who they were coming from. Regardless, she seemed to allow this in the sense that she didn't fight it. One could only assume she was listening to what he said, though their closeness kind of unnerved her a bit. Once again, perhaps that hug had been given too early into knowing her. Yet... if it had really upset her, he'd probably know.

Valorie silently watched as Sam left for a brief moment before turning her gaze to Lance. He still seemed kind of stoic and she dropped her gaze, swallowing a lump in her throat. Right. She had a battle to attend to.

Last edited:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Maxwell noticed how a Growlithe being chased by a boy suddenly ran past him and Geneviève.
"Wait, what the-?" he said with a surprised expression, "Hey Geneviève, isn't that the Growlithe who came up to us before? What if something bad has happend to him? You saw that guy running after him, what do you suppose he is going to do if he catches it?"
"We've gotta go after them!" he added as he took a gentle hold of Geneviève's hand and started running in the direction the boy and the Growlithe had been running in.

After a while, Maxwell stopped dead in his tracks. He had completely forgotten Wilson!
"Oh crap! I've forgotten Wilson!" he said, "What the hell are we going to do now?!" he looked at Geneviève with an 'all-hope-is-lost'-look. Maxwell was of course greatly overreacting, but it was because of the hunger, he hadn't eaten in for a while and it was really starting to tear him up from the inside.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Geneviève had returned Sapphire before Max took her hand again and led her off before stopping appearing a little upset. She was hungry as well and happened to catch a glance of one of the servers. "How about we go get food and then find Wilson okay" she whispered blushing a bit not letting go of his hand. "I've just met him, but I really like him" she thought blushing a bit more looking away from him shyly. "what do you say? and maybe we could battle after" she added as an afterthought "I'm not really up for challenging a champion or anything but a battle with you sounds like it will be fun"

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
Years
Jason's Ralts

Ralts stared down upon the people at the convention, they may not have looked like Caterpie's but it was still a long way down.

"
I gotta question for you, Ralts" Ralts rolled his eyes when Rufflet spoke, he could tell that he was actually going to have too make some kind of conversation in mid-air.

"Why do you not listen to Jason's orders?" Ralts looked up at Rufflet who was scanning around for N's location, at least thats what Ralts thought Rufflet was doing.

"If Jason gave
[FONT=&quot]intellectual
[/FONT] orders, than i would be more inclined to obey them" Ralts replied.

"It's hard to obey him espicially when i create all the tactics and strategies, the only things he is good for is a laugh because he is so easy to embarrass".

"In fact, he is not even my own trainer..." the sudden realisation hit Ralts when he spoke those words, his mind tried to tell him otherwise, but the best it could think was 'Not technically anyway'.

Jason

The events of the stage were all what most students were mesmorized by, Champions battling students, Jason never liked the idea of battling Champions unless trainers had earned the right to battle them, such as collecting all the badges in thier home regions.

But it was not his place for his opinions to be announced, they wouldn't be recognised anyway as all students wanted thier chance to prove thier strengths against the Champions.

A small orange and black Pokémon was running at a a fast but steady pace through the crowds being chased by a boy who was obviously a student by wearing the Suicune Dorm jacket.

Jason stared intently as the boy seemed to be enjoying himself.

Jason rubbed his eyes, and looked blankly into the distance, the events of the day proved too wierd for his liking. 'Has everyone had crack in thier breakfast or something?... Or maybe i did'.

Ralts was still no where to be seen, he remembered Dante saying his Rufflet would find him, but he knew that Ralts would never go back to him with that bird.

He looked upon to a battlefield where he saw Steven Stone about to battle Selene, 'Wow she works fast', Jason looked upon Steven who had stood in a manner in which he recognised on TV, when he and Jason were both younger.

"He's still confident for someone who is no longer a Champion, than again he does have quite a brilliant business too inherit the Devon Corporation" Jason realised he was talking to himself and quickly stopped and walked along.

'That battle was probably going to be quick anyway' he told himself as he strolled back to the healing center.

"Swi, swi!" the cry's sound waves were picked up by Jason's ears. He looked to his left to see a lone mud brown Pokémon with dark brown stipes across its back.

Jason looked at it crying out towards the healing centre. Jason stood there and thought 'maybe it's trainer will come back to him soon', he began to walk off but then...

"SWI, SWI!" the cry began to get louder and louder, passer's by looked at it and than gave Jason a cruel glare, because he was the closest to it, as if too say 'Don't just leave it there, help it'.

Jason became really uncomfortable, he sighed and then went up to it.

"Uh hey?" Jason kneeled down beside it.

The Pokémon turned around, but it still carried on shouting.

"Hey, hey calm down, just tell me what you lost, or want, or need. Than perhaps i could help you"

The Pokemon seemed to understand what Jason was saying but its speech was just noise to Jason himself.

'Crap i forgot i can only understand my Pokémon... Uh what do i do? What do i do?'

Just than heard a rumble coming for that Pokémon's belly.

"Aha your hungry! Luckily i can help you out with that"

Jason reached into his bag and picked out a container of Psychic specific Pokémon food.

"I'm not sure you would like it, but it's better than dirt".

Jason opened it and a sharp smell drafted through the air, Jason had become use to it as he had to feed it to Ralts, he poured into a bow and put it next to the brown Pokémon, but he wasn't so sure what it would think of it.

The brown Pokémon lunged into it and began quickly divulging it.

Jason became a little put off by it, but it did remind of his Electrike. Jason than remebered he had forgotten to feed his Electrike, Jason than picked his Pokéball from his belt and called his Electrike out.

"It's mealtime Electrike!" Jason called out.

Electrike appeared out of a flash of light and jumped on top of Jason.

"So where is my lunch?" Electrike asked, but then his eyes quickly widened as he saw a brown Pokémon eating some food.

"NOOOOOOOOO! You monster! You ate my lunch! I, i, i'm gonna starve" Electrike began weeping as if the world had ended.

Jason rolled his eyes, much like Ralts does to Electrike, and pulled out some Electrike type Polémon food and pured it into a bowl.

"Here Electrike, here is your meal" Jason put the bowl in front of Electrike, and saw him change from sitting there crying to launching out into the bowl in front of huim in the same fashion the brown Pokemon did.

"Looks like you could make a friend Elecktrike" but neither Pokémon heard as they were to busy eating at alarmingly unheathly rates of speed.

"Arceus, i am going to have to carry them after this meal aren't i?".

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Xavier

Xavier returned Blaze.

He didn't want him to run off again.

Xavier sighed at Marks answer, there was obviously more than that too it, but he didn't want to pry, after all he really didn't know Mark all to well to begin with so he should just drop it.

Xavier turned his attention back to the bored looking champion, she was leaning up against the wall with a bored expression on her face. Xavier nodded at everyone.

"I'll see you guys later!" He said as he walked off.

The champion didn't seem to notice him approach, but she had the slightest smile on her face.

"E..e..e..excuse m...m...e" Xavier was extremely nervous.

"I was doubting, Xavier, wether you were actually going to come over you know. I didn't think you had the guts, I guess I was wrong, when one life meets another, something is born, I've been watching you, a newfound courage seems to have been born from your meeting with someone, however considering you've met alot of people I cannot tell which one it was... it could have been one of them, or perhaps even all." Cynthia smiled and Xaviers jaw dropped.

The storys of the perception of the Sinnoh champion were not overexagerated.

"Now I assume you've come for a this reason," Cynthia stood upright.

"Your newfound courage has given you the ability to challenge me to battle has it not, I accept." Cynthia said, she said everything in the same calm yet bubbly tone.

"Y... You do?! So we can battle? Like right now?!" Xavier gasped.

"Of course, follow me." The champion said.

"I look forward to seeing what is born, from our own meeting."

Xavier and Cynthia

Xavier listened intently as Cynthia explained the terms of battle.

"I hadn't expected to battle so I didn't bring any weaker pokemon, so this won't be very fair, it'll be a simple one-on-one battle, no swap outs and no items, understood?" Cynthia said.

"Thats Ok, I understand. Go Riley!" Xavier launched his pokemon and Blaze landed with a smile on his face.

"What shall be born from our encounter... Garchomp, help me realise it!" Cynthia cried.

Xavier was slightly taken back from the massive dragon in front of him.Riley had his tail between his legs and Xavier was immediately intimadated. He was about to forfeit and as if she knew Cynthia looked dissapointed.

...Every pokemon has the ability to take on something much more powerful than it... they all have the potential to be great... Brocks words rung in his ears, he couldn't give up.

"You can do it Riley!" Xavier cried.

The small fighting type nodded back at him.

Xavier and Riley

Riley pranced on the field with grace and a smile. He was so young he didn't know fear so he was fully prepared to fight such a huge dragon.

Xavier had found Riley and raised him from an egg after Burgh had saved him from himself all that time ago. He had been on a stroll through the forest without Maria when he foun young Riolu running for his life from a group of Beedril, he had lost hisMothe to the same predators only a few minutes beforehand Lucario or not, there was an unnatural ammount of Beedril. The young pokemon tripped and Xavier didn't even think, he charged out and screamed at the Beedril for just long enough to run forward and grab the young pokemon, he realised in its hand was a small discarded soothe bell, probay long discarded and thrown away, Riley had worn that every day and still wore it even as he battled Cynthia that day. Xavier had run through the forest faster than posible he had kept running nd running with the Beedril chasing him, eventually he found himself at route6 with the beedril following him through the desert, a group of worker saved him and Xavier took the Riolu as his own, he named him Riley after the famous Aura Guardian from Sinnoh.

Riley fought and fought, he followed every order but he couldn't win, the Garchomp was too strong.

Riley dodged and rolled away from every second hit and somehow kept himself going through it all, it didn't seem possible, but he did. He kept on fighting. Was this what Brock had been talking about? A pokemons inner strength and potential?

Garchomp knocked him aside with a dragon claw and Riley pulled himself up barely. However the onslaught was far from over. Garchomp fumed up and almost trampled Riley to the ground in anger.

Cynthia didn't seem to know the meaning of "Going easy" and no matter what would fight her hardest.

Suddenly the side effects of Garchomps outrage kicked in and Garchomp became confused, he fired a dragon breath, not at Riley like Cynthia had ordered but at Xavier. Xavier froze with fear, a pokemon move that strong enough was enough to almost kill him.

"Garchomp NO!" Cynthia exclaimed.

Xavier beared himself, but the move didn't hit, when Xavier opened his eyes, Riley was floating in front of him, glowing with a green aura he somehow blocked the dragon breath in front of the dragon breath, somehow holding it back. Had Brock been right? Was this the inner potential of his pokemon? How was it possible that a pokemon so small could hold back such a brutal onslaught.

"Riley..." Xavier muttered.

"RIOLU!!!" Riley cried, a sudden white light encircled Riley and it gre and expanded so far that Riley was no longer floating but standing at an equal level with Xavier.

"Ri...Ri.... L... Lu.... LUCARIO!!!" The white light burst away and the dragon breath was sent flying back at Garchomp, it collided and Riley was left standing a newly evolved form, he was now a Lucario, senser of auras and protector of lifes escense.

"Riley... thats awsome! You've evolved!" Riley nodded and smiled at Xaviers comment.

"Thank you Xavier." A mature and slightly wild voice sounded in his head... of course, Lucarios could talk with telepathy, Xavier had almost forgotten.

"If you've evolved then that also means that you can do this! Aura Sphere!" Xavier cried.

"Right!" Riley said through telepathy.

The aura sphere was fired and Xavier commanded another after another after another. The onslaught of aura spheres was weakening Garchomp, but such a level difference was simply too great for any real damage to be done.

"Im still in this Xavier... It's not over until the final move is done! Dragon Breath Garchomp!" Cynthia cried, a stream of purple energy was sent flying at Riley and an orb of green energy was thrown at Garchomp the two collided and a mist gathered after a large explosion.

The mist cleared and Riley lay upon the ground, it was over, the battle had ended with a loss for Xavier, however he hadn't exactly expected to win. Xavier returned his pokemon and fell to his knees. He almost cried he was so exhausted. He didn't know what to say, by some random chance he had been given the chance to have a battle with Sinnohs champion, despite the fact he had lost he was glad for it, he realised now what Brock had meant, every pokemon had the potential to be great and so did people. He sat down and waited to see what Cynthias reaction would be.

She walked through the remaining mist and held a hand out to Xavier, as he took it and was hoisted upwards the crowd cheered. Xavier noticed that for such a petite woman, Cynthia had amazing upper body strength.

"Come with me." Cynthia said, leading Xavier away.

They stopped at a quiter corner of the room, with much less people.

"I've never liked crowds. They distract me and cause me to be disfocused." Cynthia smiled.

"This battle has truly created something great in the evolution of your Riolu... I am happy I could be a part of it. Thank you." Cynthia gave a slight bow.

"Oh.... You, you shouldn't be the one bowing! I'm the one who should be honoured, I was allowed the chance to battle the champion! Thank you Miss Cynthia!" Xavier bowed with a red flush on his face.

"Haha, how very humble... I believe we both gained something here, and when you grow strong enough, come back to me with that Lucario of yous and see if the outcome changes, alright?" Cynthia in the same bubbly yet calm tone.

"Yes Champion, I promise I will, now I hate to be rude but I must be getting my pokemon to the medical stall!" Xavier bowed and turned to sprint away, he felt really nervous around her. One, she had just destroyed him in battle, two he had a huge crush on her, three she was the champion of Sinnoh for Arceus' sake, of course he was nervous.

"Oh... Goodbye then Xavier..." Cynthia said, slightly confusd by Xaviers eratic behaviour.

Xavier stopped running when he got to the medical stall, his friends were still there so he handed Rileys pokeball to the nurse and turning to Brian, Mark and Skye.

"You'll NEVER guess what I just did!" He exclaimed.

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Mark sat silently waiting for his pokemon to be healed. He gathered his Pokeballs and placed them onto his belt, letting Snype go out of his ball. He seemed pretty down as well. He finally replied to Bri. Mark couldn't get mad at him. He was one of his best friends after all. Mark let out a sigh while Snype looked at Thyme with a faint smile.

"Hi Bri. It... its nothing... well, that's what I would say if I were anything close to a good liar." Mark said. To think he had been confident about going off to battle one of the champions... now he felt like he just wasn't in the mood.

"No. Nothing is ok. I just got humiliated in front of a huge crowd of people. I got absolutely destroyed in battle.... but that's not even why I'm upset... she..." Mark paused. "...called me weak. Claimed I stole her friend from her and said I wasn't worthy of being in this school. A real kick to the balls... I was insulted in a whole different level." Mark said, clenching his fists. Again, he was more angry then anything.

"Gah... if I could just battle her again... if I could just get my team to really dominate the battlefield..." Mark was tempted to just bang his fist onto the reception desk but held himself back. He didn't need to make any bigger of a scene. All he knew is that he didn't want to see Sel again for awhile. Not until he was ready to show her what for.

Bri looked at Mark concernedly. Who the heck was he talking about? What was he talking about?

"Mark... You aren't weak buddy. If you think that, look at me. You are way better than I am. I don't think I'm weak, so how are you weak if you are stronger than me? And you definately deserve to be at this school. Professor Oak said so when he accepted you. Oak's words carry more weight than some student. Trust me. You belong here, just like the rest of us here," Bri said. He was unsure what else to say on that subject. Thyme looked down at Snype and whispered something in Brian's ear. Then she hopped down to the ground and walked over to Snype.

"Hey, what happened? I've never seen you so down Snype," she said quietly as she took his hand in hers. Drizzle's face clouded, but to his credit he said nothing. Bri thought a moment about what Thyme said.

"Hey, Mark. Thyme said something about battling... Maybe battling one of us might help prove you belong here, and make you a little bit more confident in your own abilities, and help Snype and your other pokemon get stronger all at the same time. I... How does that sound?" Bri suggested nervously. He didn't want to battle, but maybe Skye or Xavier would be willing to help out. Niova lay down on the ground and looked around.

"Err... That is to say... If you wanted too... I mean... I don't know. And if this friend you 'stole' from her is her friend, really her friend, then I don't think anyone has anything to worry about. I think she may just be over reacting. Give her some time to calm down and talk with the person she says you stole from her, and she'll see. It's probably all just a big misunderstanding! People can be friends with more than one person. Look at me. I'm friends with everyone! Well... Nearly everyone that is..." Bri said, his face darkening at the thought of the guy that had hurt Thyme before. But he brightened up. He still had no idea what was going on, but he reasoned that all that Mark needed was a bit of time to cool off. And he needed to get a little bit of confidence back. But what if he wanted Bri to battle him? Well... Bri supposed he would. He hoped that Xavier or Skye might help him out. He smiled innocently at Mark, still having no idea that he and Sel were mad at each other. But he reasoned that this was all a very silly reason to get mad at someone. He didn't even notice that Xavier had already taken off to battle Cynthia. But once he realised Xavier was gone, he looked around for him.

"Huh. Guess Xavier left..." Bri said quietly.

Megaman765

Years
Mark smiled at Bri.

"Heh... I know I'm not weak. And even if I am, thats why I'm in this school in the first place. To become better at battling in general... its just the way he said it and the way she absolutely destroyed me in battle. Len got mauled Rya..." Mark paused for a moment "... yeah... I think you get the hint. Having one of your best friends say that stuff to you really hurts you know?" Mark said, clearly referring to Selene. He couldn't lie to Bri. Right now he was the only one he felt comfortable talking to. As much as Mark didn't want him involved in the whole mess. He figured Bri might be right. Maybe it was all a misunderstanding and the whole thing would go to pass... but... Sel liked Val... maybe she aimed to try and keep Mark away from her? It sounded ridiculous.

"I'd normally love to battle and all but I'm honestly in no mood to really get into another battle right now. I think the first thing I'm gonna do when I get back to the school is find a tutor... a move tutor to really lead my team in the right direction so that they can work together efficiently. Some kind of way to really dominate the battlefield. When we rematch, she'll never see it coming..." Mark said.

Snype

Snype gave off a small smile when Thyme took his hand. He could see from the edge of his eye that drizzle wasn't exactly happy with this scene. Snype was in to down of a mood to really care though.

"... Just a bit demoralized that's all. Heheh..." Snype sad with a feint laugh. "I'm sure I'll get over it. It's been awhile since I lost a battle so I guess I'm just being a bit over dramatic. I'm mostly pissed at what Sel did to Mark back there. He was made a fool of in front of everybody in the expo." Snype said, leaning his head back on the counter.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Selene

Selene looked around at the audience that were gathered around them...ohhh boy, it seemed as though the entire school and entire HoTa staff had gathered around for these showcase battles...she didn't feel nervous, however. Why would she? Selene loved being the centre of attention! And she knew that she could hold her own against Steven more than well enough to prevent any embarrassment. As Steven's hand hovered over a PokeBall, Selene decided quickly which Pokemon to use. Now, Selene wasn't 100% sure what Steven's team was...she'd heard that he had a preference for Steel-type Pokemon, which would of course indicate that she should use either Ri, Gordon or Sharpay...but then there were quite a few dual-type Steel-type Pokemon, so if one of those dual-typings put her chosen Pokemon at a disadvantage...

"Ri, let's do this!" shouted Selene, releasing her Lucario as Steven sent out...a Metagross. Ahh...that was one intimidating Pokemon...Steven looked Ri up and down from across the battlefield, his face not changing much in expression but his eyes seemed to show approval, almost as though he were impressed by Ri. Then again, he was a Fighting- and Steel-type...it was just the same as Lance taking a shine to Valorie's Dragonair.

Speaking of which...Selene had to stop herself from glancing over to the stage to see what was going on with Valorie and that boy. She had to focus on the battle in front of her, she couldn't afford to be looking off to one side every minute to see how Valorie was doing, plus she knew that her friend could more than look after herself.

Steven and Selene looked at each other over the battlefield, neither of them looking to make the first move. If tumbleweed had rolled past at that very moment, it wouldn't have looked out of place...brown eyes met grey, fixed in determination, neither of them willing to make the first move. However, whilst Steven looked completely calm and composed, Selene was beginning to lose her cool, clenching her hands into tight fists as she tried to stop herself from barking out an attack. More moments passed, and Selene had finally lost it – fine, if Steven wanted to play it this way, she would just dive straight in. In terms of strategy it may not be the best, but after all the drama of the day...it felt as though she just wanted to let loose.

"Bone Rush!" ordered Selene, watching as Ri flew at the Metagross with an outstretched thick bone club, slamming the bone into the Metagross' head once, twice, three times – the Metagross wincing each time and actually taking a step backwards before Steven nodded and instructed Metagross to use Meteor Mash. Just as Ri hit Metagross for the fourth time, he was thrown backwards across the field by a hard punch that struck him in his stomach, as the name of the move suggested, like a meteor.

"Ri!" Selene yelped, watching as Ri jumped back up to his feet – due to his steel typing the attack didn't do too much damage, but it was still a ridiculously powerful attack that put Ri onto the back foot. Selene growled and frowned over at the Metagross – if she had been thinking about it, she would have realised how differently she was acting in this battle as compared to the fight against Mark, battling as normal, letting her emotions guide her and not feeling that cold, detached sense that she had previously. This was how Selene normally battled, if not a little more reckless than usual. "Good, now Aura Sphere!"

Taking a moment, Ri closed his eyes and glowed brightly for a moment before thrusting his arms forward, unleashing the powerful blast of aura from deep within. It rushed at Metagross with an inhuman speed, hitting the Pokemon and throwing it backwards into the air, shocking Selene...throwing up such a massive Pokemon? That must be a strong move of Ri's...

"Legs up, stabilise and Earthquake," said Steven in a measured tone, and Metagross tucked all four legs up underneath him and instantly stopped still in the air, hovering for a moment before stretching out all four legs and slamming down hard onto the ground. The battlefield shook violently, and cracks raced through the ground towards Ri, who was thrown off balance and collapsed onto his back, pushing himself back up onto his feet somewhat shakily. Selene watched closely, nodding as Ri crouched back into his fighting stance.

"Ri, pull out your own Earthquake!" ordered Selene, noticing out of the corner of her eye that Steven gave a small nod...but why, she couldn't tell. Was he nodding in approval? Or was he nodding because he'd expected this move? Either way...she was not going to trouble herself with that right now.

Drawing both legs up, Ri slammed them down into the ground and the already fractured battlefield began to shake with tremors towards the Metagross, whose legs folded outward as the Earthquake reached him, falling to his side with a loud smash, pushing himself back up after the attack had subsided. Although Selene noticed that it's legs weren't holding it up as sturdily as they had been previously...but then, Ri was also looking somewhat unsteady in his fighting position...he wouldn't be able to hold out much longer.

"Psychic," said Steven, and Selene frowned slightly. Psychic? Surely he...was he going easy on her?! He would know that Psychic wasn't the most effective move against Ri...why was he doing this? She watched as the waves washed over Ri and he fell to one knee, clutching his head with his eyes jammed tightly closed...getting up with a pained expression...before promptly spinning round and looking at Selene with no recognition of who she was. As...as though he...he was Confused.

"Ri...I know it's difficult to know what to do right now," she said slowly, nodding as Ri watched her closely, "but you need to use Bone Rush, on that Metagross, there. The Pokemon stood right there, the one who did this to you." She didn't know if she was getting through to Ri or not, but as she pointed to Metagross, he turned around slowly and grunted. Rushing forward once more with his bone club, he smashed it down twice onto Metagross, two of whose legs gave out with the impact, before promptly smashing the bone club into his own head...and collapsing to the floor...fainted.

Selene watched as Ri lay motionless on the floor before walking over to him slowly, picking her way over the Earthquake-fractured battleground and crouched down beside him. She stroked his ears gently as Steven returned his Metagross, feeling...surprisingly okay about losing. Of course she was disappointed – it was disappointing to lose in any battle, whether it was against a Champion or a Raikou student – but...this was the Hoenn Champion. A Pokemon he had trained, and it was in bad shape before Ri had knocked /himself/ out in his confusion. He had done amazingly well, and she was proud of him

Returning Ri, Selene smiled at Steven, who gave her a small smile as a return gesture. He held out his hand somewhat stiffly, and Selene hesitated before taking it, receiving a brief handshake from the Hoenn Champion before he dropped her hand and took a step backwards as though he had spent his allotment of personal niceties for the day.

"You battle well. Your Lucario is very well trained and you two obviously share a very close bond. Given some time...it will be interesting to see where you end up, Miss Selene Evans." He inclined his head toward her briefly before turning and striding away, seemingly up the stage then off the back of it to one side – Selene suspected that he was off to some private Champions suite or something...

With a deep inhalation, Selene smiled brightly. So she had lost...but she had lost against the Hoenn Champion, who thought that she fought well and that she had trained her Ri well! She was...proud of herself. And she was proud of Ri too. Making her way off the battlefield, she thanked people as they congratulated her, answered the question "What was it like battling /Steven/?!" about ten times and made her way through crowds until...she spotted Mark by the nurses station with Bri. Selene stopped in her tracks, her small smile turning into a frown as she watched before she turned on her heel – with her head high – and walked back toward the battlefields. While he was safely tucked out of the way, she decided that she would wait for Valorie to finish her battle...and hopefully sort things out once and for all.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Wilson

Wison stood by the healing centre, he was hungry and Maxwell was nowhere to be found.
[This is terrible. I can't find Maxwell and there is nothing to eat.] he thought to himself, [But maybe if I call out to Maxwell...].
So Wilson started to shout, "Swi, swi!"[Maxwell!], "Swi, swi?!"[Maxwell?!]
Suddenly a boy came up to Wilson, he had never seen this person before so Wilson grew a bit suspicious. But when the boy asked if he needed help with something, Wilson started to grow less suspicious of him.

"Swi, swi. Nub?"[Yes as a matter of fact, I've lost my trainer Maxwell, he has short, spiky, dark-brown hair. Have you seen him?] as Wilson said this, his stomach let of a huge growl, the boy took out something that seemed to contain pokemon-food.
[Geesh, he must've mistaken me because my stomach growled, but oh well.]
The boy said something about the food being for Psychic-types, but Wilson didn't care, he ate almost everything after all.
The boy also let an Electrike out of its pokeball, it started to freak out over Wilson eating the food.
"Swi, nub, nub."[Pipe down a little bit, this is Psychic-type food I'm eating, you're getting your food in a minute.] Wilson said and sneered at the Electric-type pokemon. Wilson hated being interrupted while he was eating.

Maxwell

Maxwell was tired and hungry like a Snorlax. So when Geneviève suggested that they'd eat lunch and then look for Wilson, he was not eager to say no.
"Okay." Maxwell sighed a bit and looked at Geneviève, "Lets do that."
But what Geneviève said next confunded Maxwell a bit, a battle? But he thought she didn't like battles that much. Oh well.
"Yeah, a battle sounds awesome!" he replied to her, grinning.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Sweet was began forming on Isaac's brow after an hour or so of riding through the expansive port town. He was in good physical shape, not bulky and muscular but fit and lean. He sped down the streets his coat flapping in the wind. Air rushed by his ears blocking out a lot of the noise from the bustling city. It was this kind of freedom and openness that Isaac craved when he became a trainer. A kind of escape form all the requirements and duties of real life.

Still deep in his thoughts Isaac hadn't noticed how far he'd gone until the last murmurs of the city faded away and the paved roads let out into dirt paths. He slowed to a stop then stepped off his bike. It was handy for getting from place to place, but Isaac wasn't in as much of a rush as he should have been and continued on walking. He had a kind of 'slow and steady wins the race' and 'stop to smell the roses' mentality when no one else was around and he belonged to no one, but himself. This was exactly what Isaac had grown to love about being a trainer. There was no set path no fate or destiny that controlled him, unlike his father's ranger job.

Isaac let out a slight sigh. He began to consider what might be going on at home. How were his parents doing? Did they have any plans now that their only son was out of the house? What were two old people gonna do without a kid to give meaning to their life?

"Spearoo… Speroo Spea Spee Spe." A multitude of voices chirped.

Isaac looked up to see hundreds of Spearow flying overhead. Being from Johto the all too common bird pokemon was a rare sight to Isaac who stared in general interest. It didn't quite compare with the famous stories he'd heard about other trainer's first journey days, but he was happy with the simple sight. Seeing a legendary pokemon on your first day may be sign you'll be a great trainer, but it was a requirement for one.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Skye watched the proceedings with a mixture of confusion and dismay. Why did it seem like everybody was so emotional? It was odd. Was this what would happen to him when he grew up? That didn't seem to be something to look forward to. Okay, to be fair, puberty in general didn't seem to be something to look forward to. He sighed a little, taking his Pokemon back. He really didn't understand teenagers. It was why he held responsibility for Cam: Mom didn't either.

Ellie squirmed out of her Pokeball to peer at him. She knew what he was thinking. She gave a strange purr and leapt to the ground by his feet. "Skye! Cheer up Skye! I have a surprise!" Her body began to glow brightly and shifted, her form becoming more elegant. Her tail shifted into a forked shape and a red gem appeared on her forehead. The glow faded and revealed a blinking Espeon, who tackled her trainer eagerly. "See? I'm stronger now! I'm better!"

"Yuh-hou always wuh-were greh-heat," Skye mumbled, pulling a TM from his pocket, the TM for Psychic.

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
Years
Dante's Rufflet

Rufflet's eyes widen when he heard what Ralts just said.

"Wait what, Jason is not even your master!", Rufflet said to Ralts, as they were getting close to N and Dante's location at the Expo. "Then who is your real master?"

That comment that Rufflet had made just got him to think if Dante was his master, but he just dismissed the idea mostly because it was stupid.

"You know Ralts, you are a smart pokemon", Rufflet said to Ralts. "But, that may the stupidest thing that I have heard. Anyways, we are here."

Rufflet got to the location of N and Dante, but could not see Jason anywhere. Then, Rufflet dropped Ralts off at N.

"You better ask N what you should next", Rufflet said to Ralts before returning to Dante's shoulder.

Dante

Dante was waiting for Rufflet when he saw a trainer run by with a Growlithe. Then he heard what N said about Rufflet not taking long to find Ralts. He then saw Jason go over to a Swinub and gave it food. That only made Dante smile. After that he noticed N call out a pokemon, but it was a pokemon that Dante was not familiar with. With that, Dante heard a flopping of wings and saw Rufflet carrying Ralts.

"Yeah, shouldn't be to long", Dante said to N. "Speak of the devil, here they are!"

Dante then felt Rufflet land on his shoulder which mean pat Rufflet on the head gently. After that Dante looked up watched the battles between champion and student about to commence.

"Hey Rufflet, why did you drop Ralts off near N and not Jason?", Dante asked Rufflet.

"Ruff, ruff", Rufflet cried, which translated to It's a long story.

Dante turned to N with one eyebrow raised.

"You got any idea why Rufflet dropped Ralts off with you?", Dante asked N.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Mark smiled at Bri.

"Heh... I know I'm not weak. And even if I am, thats why I'm in this school in the first place. To become better at battling in general... its just the way he said it and the way she absolutely destroyed me in battle. Len got mauled Rya..." Mark paused for a moment "... yeah... I think you get the hint. Having one of your best friends say that stuff to you really hurts you know?" Mark said, clearly referring to Selene. He couldn't lie to Bri. Right now he was the only one he felt comfortable talking to. As much as Mark didn't want him involved in the whole mess. He figured Bri might be right. Maybe it was all a misunderstanding and the whole thing would go to pass... but... Sel liked Val... maybe she aimed to try and keep Mark away from her? It sounded ridiculous.

"I'd normally love to battle and all but I'm honestly in no mood to really get into another battle right now. I think the first thing I'm gonna do when I get back to the school is find a tutor... a move tutor to really lead my team in the right direction so that they can work together efficiently. Some kind of way to really dominate the battlefield. When we rematch, she'll never see it coming..." Mark said.

Snype

Snype gave off a small smile when Thyme took his hand. He could see from the edge of his eye that drizzle wasn't exactly happy with this scene. Snype was in to down of a mood to really care though.

"... Just a bit demoralized that's all. Heheh..." Snype sad with a feint laugh. "I'm sure I'll get over it. It's been awhile since I lost a battle so I guess I'm just being a bit over dramatic. I'm mostly pissed at what Sel did to Mark back there. He was made a fool of in front of everybody in the expo." Snype said, leaning his head back on the counter.

"Don't take it personally Mark. Sel's just jealous, that's all. She's afraid she's losing a friend. Once she calms down a bit she'll probably come around. Like I said, it's just a big misunderstanding," Bri said, finally catching on. He frowned a bit at the thought of Sel acting the way Mark had described. Still, he was very glad that Mark had turned down his offer to battle. He barely stopped himself from breathing a huge sigh of relief. After all, out of the three battles he ad today, he had lost two and barely won the third.

"And don't worry Mark. I'll get things sorted out between you two. Hm.. Well, I'll try at any rate. But for right now, I'd say give her some space to cool off," Bri said calmly. He smiled at Mark. Mark was his other best friend, and he didn't like seeing Mark act like this. He shifted on his crutches a bit and spotted an Espeon near Skye. He grinned. Ellie had evolved! That was awesome! Still, this little tiff between Mark and Sel was one of the stupidist fights he had ever heard of. But he didn't say that. It was important to both of them, and since he was their friend, it was his duty to make sure their friendship didn't end because of something so silly.

Thyme leaned her head on Snype's shoulder and patted him on the other shoulder. She smiled at him.

"Don't worry Snype. My trainer gets made a fool of all the time. Just relax, and take it easy," Thyme said as she shook her head. Drizzle plopped down next to her and leaned against the wall.

"Yeah Snype! Heh, things will work out in the end. You'll see. After all, Mark is your partner. You got to stick by him, no matter what!" Drizzle said. Thyme glanced up at him. She then looked back at Snype. Drizzle was a pretty nice guy. Seems like he cares about Snype, even though the two of them don't really know each other.

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
Years
Jason's Ralts

"Wait what, Jason is not even your master!" Rufflet cried out to Ralts, Ralts knew that this conversation would bring back some terrible memories.

"Then who is your real master?"
asked Rufflet, Ralts head dropped, 'why did he have to ask the most obvious question... Probably because it was obvious' Even Ralts mind started questioning it-self.

"You know Ralts, you are a smart pokemon", Rufflet said to Ralts. "But, that may the stupidest thing that I have heard. Anyways, we are here."

'WHAT!? So he says that the fact that Jason is not technically my mas...guardian... that this is stupid'.

Ralts looked down towards the long green hair of N, but he was still pissed off at Rufflet's remark.

They landed in front of N and near Dante, Rufflet than relieved Ralts from his claws.

"You better ask N what you should next", Rufflet said to Ralts before returning to Dante's shoulder.

"You know you must be awfully narrow-minded and shallow to automatically judge my accusation without a word in on my end" Ralts spoke up to Rufflet.

Before Ralts could Rufflet have any response, he looked up to N.

"Listen N, i need you, Jason has failed me and you must be a good trainer if you are a teacher, i need to have a trainer who can understand me, who i can depend on and grow with, i need you".

"Please let me become your Pokémon".

Jason

Both Electrike and the brown Pokémon had finished eating, Jason emptied thier bowls of the miniscule amount of crumbs that were made and put them away.

"Any good?" asked Jason.

"Hell yeah!" replied Electrike stretching across the floor.

"Swi, Swinub!" Jason still couldn't understand the Swinub, but presumed that since he ain't it he must have liked it.

"So you seem to say Swi and Swinub alot... so are you called Swinub?"

"Swinub, Swi, Swinub"

"Any help translating Electrike?" asked Jason.

To Jason's dismay Electrike was fast asleep stretched along the floor.

"Oh for Arceus sake!" whispered Jason, he took out Electrike's Pokéball and returned him to it.

"I knew i shouldn't have taught him Rest..." Jason said talking to the Pokéball.

Jason turned back to the brown Pokémon.

"Well i am sorry if i get your name wrong, but i'm going to call you Swinub"

"Swinub"

"So any idea where your trainer went? Lead the way if you can".

Megaman765

Years
Mark's smile turned neutral for a moment when Bri mentioned that he would try to sort things out. He didn't want him involved with the whole mess...

"Thanks Bri... but I think if we're going to fix this problem, it should be between me and Sel. I don't want to get you involved. The fight isn't about you anyways but I appreciate the offer though Bri." Mark said with a friendly tone.

"She mentioned Valorie a couple times during the battle... sometimes not directly. I dunno what she has to do with anything... we're all friends after all." He continued.

Snype

"Heh. Thanks. Like I said, just a tad Demoralized. I'm sure I'll be back to my cheery self in no time. Though I think when we get back to school, I'm gonna be pretty busy with Mark. He seems determined to get better then everyone else. Valorie is probably the best trainer we know right now. Heheh... if he beat her then that would sure be something to brag about." Snype said, scratching his head a bit.

Back