• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: The Fae Stones [Updated 22nd Aug]

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Pokémon: The Fae Stones

The Story

QUICKLINKS:
[alink id="Features"]✮ Features[/alink id]
[alink id="Screenshots"]✮ Screenshots[/alink id]
[alink id="Credits"]✮ Credits[/alink id]
[alink id="Media"]✮ Other Media[/alink id]
As darkness starts to envelop Kanto, the region starts to shut down. Ghost, dark and bug types have become dominant, with fewer and fewer weaker pokémon able to compete and survive. People are moving away, some towns almost completely abandoned - among those left, rumours of Silph Company's involvement are circulating. A machine, in the underground labs of Saffron City, are responsible for Kanto's nightmare. Can you employ enough powerful Pokémon to break into Saffron and uncover the truth?

Coming of age in Kanto isn't the same as it used to be - with the closing of Pallet Town's laboratory, there are no specially bred starter Pokémon to present to young teens. Instead, very few new trainers have emerged - the majority with Pokémon are older. As the Kanto Professor makes a visit to Pewter City, you are invited to attend. Over the last few years, The Rangers have become popular in towns, as they are the only defense from attacking Pokémon. The Professor can only give you so much help, the rest of it is up to you.

Befriend a partner Pokémon and rise up the ladder - with enough experience and Pokémon, you may well uncover the truth about Silph Co., as well as discovering some lost long secrets of Kanto. Your heart will lead you forward.[A ID]Features[/A ID]

tumblr_inline_moiu7nm3SZ1qz4rgp.png

Features

► Introduction of the Fairy type (and appropriate re-typing of pokémon/moves).
► A departure from typical starter Pokémon.
► Changes to base stats, move pools, abilities and evolution changes.
► A repurposing of the badge system.
► A remapped and re-ordered Kanto Region.
► Pokédex rework either: altering the significance or removing entirely. Either way some Gen4-6 pokémon may be included.
► New items such as the Fae Stones (duh), Trade Stones and Pretty Stones.
► Side-quests such as The Secret Keeper. *not yet implemented in restart
► A new Berry System. *not yet implemented in restart[A ID]Screenshots[/A ID]

Screenshots

Sorry for the .gif spam~
2d1n6vs.jpg
2ezpog3.png

o5yl42.png
91don5.gif

fvl16d.gif
wassc9.gif
[A ID]Credits[/A ID]

Credits

this is a working document
► Main tree tile thanks to SteveN.
Dragoon for his wonderful HGSS Overworld rips.
JPAN for his FR Hacked Engine.
Spherical Ice / Haku for their tutorials on hacking the diploma screen.
► Tool and tutorial writers such as Lu-Ho, Hackmew, Metapod and Diego.
This wonderful sprite provision thanks to Chaos Rush.
Wobbu and ipatix for some HGSS music~
Fairy for her CSS skills, support bars and her encouragement in general :)![A ID]Media[/A ID]

Support Bars

pokemon_fae_userbar01_zps45a9c221.png

pokemon_fae_userbar03_zps599c8cc0.png

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Magic's making a hack? :O

I like the premise behind this hack. It's completely mysterious, leaving little enough for the reader to want to know more but enough that it boasts a goal for the protagonist. I'm interested to see where this'll go.

Also, the map is good. I like the natural feel of it. Personally, I would suggest that in the inaccessible gap where the three two-tile trees are, you place something like grass. The variety is nice there, but it does catch the eye somewhat unnecessarily due to it being mostly empty.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
I like how the palette came out! :) Hm.. didn't read much of your story, because I just look at the screenshot and I basically can see what you want to do. So, hope to see more remapped routes, towns and cities (Interior maps as well) Good luck there. I keep an eye on this one. Since only a few mods our making.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I'll help. Mapping, scripting, any graphical inserting and most other needs. I'm in.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Already figured out, by stalking the old resources thread, that adding in the Fairy type will not be an issue :3. Thanks to a lovely patch by <member who's username I must double check>.

Magic's making a hack? :O

I like the premise behind this hack. It's completely mysterious, leaving little enough for the reader to want to know more but enough that it boasts a goal for the protagonist. I'm interested to see where this'll go.

Also, the map is good. I like the natural feel of it. Personally, I would suggest that in the inaccessible gap where the three two-tile trees are, you place something like grass. The variety is nice there, but it does catch the eye somewhat unnecessarily due to it being mostly empty.

Thanks for your feedback machomuu! :) The mapping needs tweaking definitely, I need to add in a few more decor-type tiles as well I feel for more of a personal touch. I get your comment about that part of the map as well!

I like how the palette came out! :) Hm.. didn't read much of your story, because I just look at the screenshot and I basically can see what you want to do. So, hope to see more remapped routes, towns and cities (Interior maps as well) Good luck there. I keep an eye on this one. Since only a few mods our making.

Thank you :3 I'll gradually work on a few more maps over the next few weeks. Taking this baby slowww.

I'll help. Mapping, scripting, any graphical inserting and most other needs. I'm in.

You're a doll <3 I'll hit you up if anything stresses me out :P. Especially graphics inserting which I remember being a pain in the butt.

PROGRESS REPORT~
Spoiler:

An updated Pewter City, the actual starting town. I've condensed it down quite a bit, as originally it's quite large and open, but tried to keep the general movement of the town. I've not settled on the 'sealed' door tiles (right house). I might sprite it instead, still unsure ;-; they'll do for now though.

Your house is the nondescript one by the pokecenter, hurrah for bungalows. May be sneaky and add a basement though.

Last edited:
Years
I'm loving the remakes of those maps! The storyline is quite intriguing, though I wonder how the title relates to it (other than that last sentence I guess). That's a good thing, I suppose. Good luck with this!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'm loving the remakes of those maps! The storyline is quite intriguing, though I wonder how the title relates to it (other than that last sentence I guess). That's a good thing, I suppose. Good luck with this!

Ohoho~ Don't you worry, the title will be established once I sort out the starters and start scripting the first event :).

I'm in the process of changing and tweaking /some/ tiles. So here is the new tree tile (other vegetation in the process of editing).

Spoiler:

Thanks for the feedback!~

Years
Hey there, Magic!

First of all, I have to say that I really like your idea!
It's very special because it just doesn't follow most hack's bases like just making a completely new region, new professor and idk what else people insert.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 11, 2014
This is a really nice idea, Magic. It's also a nice change of pace from starting in Pallet Town and working your way through; I'm extremely interested to see where this is going to go. :3

The tiling is coming along very nicely, and the sparks of color are definitely eye-catching. It still feels a bit bare, but I'm sure that you're working on that as well. I know that I'm just a newbie at this, but from the hacks that I've played, this one stands out to me already from the unique storyline rather than--as ne0wallz said--"Hi, I'm Professor X and these are the Pokepuff Girls! Now go be the best!" type of storyline.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I like the new trees and the bushes. I also like how the trees as placed in a way that they're not completely repetitive, and rather have some nooks and crannies about.

Thank you :) Glad my mapping hasn't gone completely to pot after no training :<.

Hey there, Magic!

First of all, I have to say that I really like your idea!
It's very special because it just doesn't follow most hack's bases like just making a completely new region, new professor and idk what else people insert.

This is a really nice idea, Magic. It's also a nice change of pace from starting in Pallet Town and working your way through; I'm extremely interested to see where this is going to go. :3

The tiling is coming along very nicely, and the sparks of color are definitely eye-catching. It still feels a bit bare, but I'm sure that you're working on that as well. I know that I'm just a newbie at this, but from the hacks that I've played, this one stands out to me already from the unique storyline rather than--as ne0wallz said--"Hi, I'm Professor X and these are the Pokepuff Girls! Now go be the best!" type of storyline.

Thank you both~ I like switching it up a bit, although there may be some similarities between this and your typical game (mainly due to mechanics) I want to make things different and make a 'new' game.

And yes decor tiles are in the works :<.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 11, 2014
Thank you both~ I like switching it up a bit, although there may be some similarities between this and your typical game (mainly due to mechanics) I want to make things different and make a 'new' game.

And yes decor tiles are in the works :<.

xD No need to be sad <3 They're still very nice~

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Introducing the fairy types! Many are as canon from X&Y but I have tweaked a bit ;-; don't hate me! XD

Spoiler:

Currently, I have remapped Pewter, Route 2/Viridian Forest (merged into one map), Viridian City and Pallet Town.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Ooh, the Pika line as a Fairy line, I like that. I'm interested in seeing how that will affect their movesets.

Thanks to MrDoll there are a few fairy moves available, so I'll be tweaking moves accordingly.

The Pika line was chosen so it can be a parallel to the Marill line. So, in accordance, the way in which Pikachu and Marill evolve will differ slightly ^_^.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2014
Looking forward to this. The redone Pallet town, although less significant, looks really great.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I really like this....and its got half my name in it XD But yea, goodluck, I can help if you need anything.

Are you good at any field in particular? Always useful to have backup to call upon! XD

Looking forward to this. The redone Pallet town, although less significant, looks really great.

Thanks :) I did tone Pallet Town down, since it's not the starting block I support it doesn't really matter - (its so teenyweeeeeny).

Update for the last few days:

The introduction talk is almost complete. Still hex-tweaking it to make sure it runs perfectly, though.

j0gn5h.png
sctmrd.png
103h8bt.png

EDIT! Scripting is happening//

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Love how the script is going! (:
Your map:
Spoiler:

You should edit those errors in block editor. It's a good map, but you got to assemble the trees correctly.

Edit: I just noticed, what's that another hero ow doing or is because just a flashback?

vTYauun.png

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Edit: I just noticed, what's that another hero ow doing or is because just a flashback?

vTYauun.png

~Flashback!

Wow I'm quite worried about how good your eyes are to spot the tiny one-pixel of dark green XD I just assumed it was nicely shadowed - maybe I need my eyes checking! DX

Also, what do you mean by 'make sure you assemble the trees correctly'? ^_^ Ty for the feedback.

Back