• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Janske

Shinyhunter - Trance for life
Years
Not my usual post but I have an important question for everyone.

As we know, Latias/Latios are now available in BW2 and through the Engima Stone event, giving us plenty of opportunity to hunt for shiny ones...
But as personal preference I'd rather find them in third gen games, and the only way to do that is through the super rare eon ticket event.
However, I've come across an interesting revelation that, with a little bit of work, I could figure out how to create eon tickets. That's right. Anyone interested in me making a tutorial, should I sell the puppies when I work it out... any opinions?? I do have to wait so I can buy an e-reader first though, but this should be an interesting adventure!

You can actually do that? impressive, Id love to see how you will put this together:D. If you post a video of how you do it it would be even better:D. Like live commentary, I love that stuff xD, better than reading the text lol:D.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Oh my wow.

So it only took me about 3 days of SRing which is about 4,000 SRs for my shiny Treecko.
Wow, I'm so happy it took me so little. I had given up on my previous file after last night (not getting anything for 2 nights of 10+ hours of SRing) so I made a new file with my ign Wasabii and i got it at about 50 SRs. Yay~ Totally just made my Sunday better :3

I can't post any links cause of my newbie restrictions d;

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
Congratulations Wasabii! :o Im jealous of your Treecko. Ive been hunting Torchic and still nuffin. I was hunting that before my Pichu and Dratini, and I got those sooner. x.x

j_Woo

Patnogonian
Years
Ayyyeeee, I'd like to join :P
The only shiny I've ever actually gotten was a wingull in Black, but yeah, hunting would be pretty fun :)

Years
Welcome to all new members and congrats on any shinies I'm sure I've missed! :)

Now we've had this discussion now but I think this is pretty much proof - in Gen IV, cute charm causes the shiny odds to accidentally change. This could be as low as 1/32 (!!!) BUT more likely you get much lower odds than usual...

Spoiler:

Janske

Years
Welcome to all new members and congrats on any shinies I'm sure I've missed! :)

Now we've had this discussion now but I think this is pretty much proof - in Gen IV, cute charm causes the shiny odds to accidentally change. This could be as low as 1/32 (!!!) BUT more likely you get much lower odds than usual...

Spoiler:

Really? so if a pokemon with cute charm is the 1st one in your party, your chances of getting a shiny are bigger?:O Ive never heard of that lol xD! Is it legit:p? Wont work in gen III right:(?

@ Wasabii; Congratz man:), thats really a great shiny u got yourself there ;). 4000 SR is still a decent amount:O, but great u kept on hanging in there;), hard work always pays off in the end!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
Hey,

I would like to join this club ;)

My shiny count at the moment is 0.
And I'm SR'ing for:
Cobalion on my white version at 2196 SR's at the moment
Shiny starter on HG with only 235 SR's

Also when i have time i will try again to RE for a shiny solosis on my white version.

Janske

Years
Hey,

I would like to join this club ;)

My shiny count at the moment is 0.
And I'm SR'ing for:
Cobalion on my white version at 2196 SR's at the moment
Shiny starter on HG with only 235 SR's

Also when i have time i will try again to RE for a shiny solosis on my white version.

Welcome to this club Poldie;). Maybe you dont have a shiny yet, but with that attitude and that amount of SR's u are going to get one in no time;)!

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
Welcome to this club Poldie;). Maybe you dont have a shiny yet, but with that attitude and that amount of SR's u are going to get one in no time;)!

Hope my first shiny will come soon, as that will be a motivation for the shiny hunts to come.
my RE count on shiny solosis is 1015 btw, forgot to mention that in my previous post ;)

oh,
and for all of you who count SR's and RE's for their shiny hunts.
There are some handy counting apps for smartphones;)
For Iphone there is a nice one calles 'MyCountR' (i didn't make it ;) )

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
thanks for the congratulations guys ^^
I'm progressing through my Ruby trying for any shiny encounter until I get to my first legendary (Groudon).
I've been grinding on the 2nd route (102) in hopes for a shiny Zigzagoon, or Ralts.
It's only been 1 day and about 6 hours of playtime, but i'm determined!

Simply because I have a league of Zigzagoon on me who pick up stuff like nuggets, rare candies, and full restores >3

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to the new members, and congrats on all the new shinies!

This week's random hunt is... Chinchou! Sorry for being late.

Years
Yay for real unfake not intruder posts! :3

Congratulations to Wasabii - I do know myself how lovely a shiny that is haha! And a quick hunt to! :D
And congrats rogue on the Metapod too!
(Did I miss anyone? o_o)

Welcome to the club also to allllll these new members - I won't list them because I'm lazy.

On the subject of Eon Tickets - will be a work in progress, it will require I buy an e-reader and an American game. So sometime in the not-so-foreseeable future.
The cute charm thing is legit but it would be ridiculously hard, as you have to find a game with a rare SID, and to even find your SID you need a random shiny/4 chained shinies. And, no, 4th gen only D:

Buuut in other news...

Spoiler:

Tl;dr I got mez a shiny totodile!
(Also first for May quest acquired!)

EDIT May 15th: 2255 Eevee eggs!
EDIT May 17th: 2345 Eevee eggs!

Last edited:

Janske

Years
Buuut in other news...

Spoiler:

Tl;dr I got mez a shiny totodile!
(Also first for May quest acquired!)

Congratulations TSE :D!! U beat me to it though:(! Im not happy about that haha xD. But still I am very glad you found one and it took you a whole lot of starters to actually get it! VERY deserved to say the least;). I'm kinda jealous even to tell you the truth:D. What is your next target? VM or PM me when you have the time;)

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
Wow! a lot of activity since i last posted XD welcome to all new members and gratz on all new shinies ^^ (too many to list individually)

Since my last post ive been sorting out the 9 shiny ponytas i got from that chain. i decided to use the spares to try and get the event legendaries ive been missing from my pokedex, so ive been EV training them and leveling them to 100. Ive then been putting them on the GTS asking for the events. So far its worked, and i only have 2 events left to get (Mew and Darkrai), and all the ones ive gotten so far all check out as legit on pokecheck, so im a happy chappy :) once ive gotten these last 2, then ill be starting that SS badge quest, and ill be posting on the challenge thread when the time comes ^^

Good luck everyone :3

Years
Hello everyone I'm new here I'm GlassTheDragon.

my shinies are:
suicune
cyndaquil
steelix
chikoritax2
totodile
piplup
turtwig
drifloon
rotom
buizel
shinx
buneary
exeggcute
ekans
lapras
tauros
psyduck
golbat
spearow
remoraid
volcarano
rampardos
staraptor
nidoqueen
shuckle
gigalith
sableye
Stoutland
roserade
durant
rhyperior
metagross
samurott
zebstrika
tangrowth
ditto
magneton
lilligant
pidgey
eevee(leafeon)
pupitar
heatmor
diglett

and right now I'm in a Heartgold BadgeQuest race with the Shinyeeeveee were both on the 2nd badge shiny I'm hunting for a mareep

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
Grats on all the new shinies guys! :D

But i've got a question.

I'm planning on maybe doing a contest here.

The contest will go like this:

I'll go hunt a random shiny tru RE's on a specific route in Pokémon White or Pokémon SS.
The ones of you who want to participate can guess how many RE's it will take for me to get a random shiny...
The one whose guess is closest to the number of RE's will get the free Shiny!

I'm not starting this competition yet as I would like to know from you guys if this would be a nice competition? If there are any people who want to participate? and if I can post it in this tread?

Years
Thanks for the congrats!
Also welcome to the club to Glassthedragon - as I said it's nice to see you join up! I hope you have a lot of fun here :D

And Poldie - I think personally that that is a really nice contest to do! Will you clone the shinies to keep one for yourself? O: Unfortunately I can't participate as my wifi doesn't work so well. But I hope maybe I can still try to guess! I'm not sure if you can post it to this thread, but if you can I think it's great/

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
I won't clone the shiny, as I won't keep one for myself :). I just like to please people with a free shiny, and it's fun to do contests :D And maybe if it's a success I'll do more contests after this one.

And it would be fun if you join in with the contest, we'll find a way to get the shiny to you if you win! :)

Tips for the contest are always welcome ;)

Last edited:
Years
Thanks for the warm welcomes guys :D

As for Poldies contest i think it's a really good idea although i feel that you'd be losing out
not bieng able to keep the shiny but if your ok with it thats awesome :D

Also for mareep Im at 3200 REs and Day 2 of hunting swinub good luck and have fun everyone

Last edited:
Years
Havent been here in a while :(

School has honestly been a pain in my backside for the past two weeks, and its only going to get worse with exams in another two weeks -.-.......

I havent been able to hunt at all, so I geuss ill have to wait on that until exams are finished. At least the patience for studying is building my patience for shiny hunting aswell i geuss XD.

Nice to see you all, welcome new members, gratz on the shiny's that everyone has gotten since my last post :D!

Back