• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Naku's Big Bag of Mafia Shenanigans I

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Night Seven

Final Vote Count

Player
Desox
Kitty
jdthebud
xDestroy
L'Belle
Ho-Oh
Votes For
Kitty
Desox
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

The Story So Far . . .

No one had cast a single vote in the time before the sun was meant to set, but then idk the moon went to sleep or something which gave two people the time to vote anyways. Naturally, they voted for each other, so nothing happened.

At this rate, the festivities were doomed.

Night phases will begin ending as soon as all night actions have been received. Get them in quick if you want a speedy conclusion!

No One died! They were Nothing.

rules

• All PokéCommunity rules apply.
  • No Private Messaging other players about the game.
  • Any discussion of the game should be kept in this thread.
  • Do not post here once you have been killed or otherwise removed from the game.
  • Do not post during the Night Phase.
  • Night actions should be sent to me by PM or via Discord (Nakuzami#0743).
  • If you're not using your night action, PM/Discord me saying as much.
  • Each player gets one vote per day phase, which may be changed at any time.
  • If your vote is not in the format of [b]##Vote[/b] Player, it will not be counted.
  • If you wish to change your vote, first put [b]##Unvote[/b] Player before casting your new vote.
  • You may choose to vote for "No One."
  • Night Phases should generally last 24 hours. Day Phases are 48 hours.
  • Plurality Vote. This means that the player with the most votes will be lynched, even if they only have one or two votes on them.
  • Mafia Hammer Vote. One mafia member carries out the mafia kill each night, chosen by them.

cast list

Nakuzami as the Game Master

Desox
Kitty
xDestroy
L'Belle
Ho-Oh
Bidoof FTW as TFPTSLBOOIA
Neon Sword as a Caroler
Calzone407 as a Hitman
TheCapsFan as a Consigliere
Abby as a Cop
gimmepie as an Amnesiac
Neko Maid Kapper as a Telepath
Killua as a Chef
Charlie Brown as a Toreador
TailsMK4 as a Driver
Pecilia as a Baker
Nick Wilde as a Vigilante
Lycanthropy as a Dreamer
Miah as Cthulhu
Easy Money Sniper as a Vigilante
impulse~ as a Tailor
jdthebud as a Cultist
boop[/URL]

Nakuzami

Years
Day Eight

The Story So Far . . .

Sometimes sacrifices had to be made for the greater good.

Four remained. Was total annihilation inevitable at this point?​

xDestroy has died! They were a Yakuza.

rules

• All PokéCommunity rules apply.
  • Do not post here once you have been killed or otherwise removed from the game.
  • If your vote is not in the format of [b]##Vote[/b] Player, it will not be counted.
  • If you wish to change your vote, first put [b]##Unvote[/b] Player before casting your new vote.
  • Plurality Vote. This means that the player with the most votes will be lynched, even if they only have one or two votes on them.
  • Mafia Hammer Vote. One mafia member carries out the mafia kill each night, chosen by them.

cast list

Desox
Kitty
L'Belle
Ho-Oh
Neon Sword as a Caroler
Calzone407 as a Hitman
Abby as a Cop
gimmepie as an Amnesiac
Killua as a Chef
TailsMK4 as a Driver
Pecilia as a Baker
Lycanthropy as a Dreamer
Miah as Cthulhu
impulse~ as a Tailor
jdthebud as a Cultist
xDestroy as a Yakuza
boop[/URL]

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That was an unfortunate possibility.

K.

I'm gonna go along with a hunch I've had all along so we need to lynch tonight and tomorrow. We are in famine then I guess. But shouldn't we be dead? Unless someone role swapped with xDestroy.

I'm gonna follow my hunch though. ##vote Desox

Prove me otherwise.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Day Eight

The Story So Far . . .

Sometimes sacrifices had to be made for the greater good.

Four remained. Was total annihilation inevitable at this point?​

xDestroy has died! They were a Yakuza.

rules

• All Pok?Community rules apply.

cast list

Desox
Kitty
L'Belle
Ho-Oh
Neon Sword as a Caroler
Calzone407 as a Hitman
Abby as a Cop
gimmepie as an Amnesiac
Killua as a Chef
TailsMK4 as a Driver
Pecilia as a Baker
Lycanthropy as a Dreamer
Miah as Cthulhu
impulse~ as a Tailor
jdthebud as a Cultist
xDestroy as a Yakuza

Umm... so... this is a very long day...

Nakuzami

Years
Fin

The festival was finally over!

Kitty, L'Belle and Ho-Oh surrounded Desox, the final party crasher. As they tied him up, whacked him open like a pinata, and feasted upon the bits of him that fell out, a quiet serenity fell over the town once more. I mean, with only three living inhabitants left, what else was there to do?

"Oh, I'm so glad my festival could end in such a nice way," Kitty, the Host, stated.

Ho-Oh, the town Shrink, glanced at her quizzically. "Wait a moment, wasn't this Charlie Brown's job to put together?"

"I have no idea what you mean," Kitty, who knew exactly what Ho-Oh meant, responded innocently.

Ho-Oh and L'Belle simply shrugged.

With the town in shambles, perhaps the three of them could wander on over to the next town and see if any other festivals were going on?​

Desox has died! They were a Tailor.

The Town has won!
Kitty, the Host, survived! I guess that means she won too?

"cast list"

Kitty
L'Belle
Ho-Oh
Neon Sword as a Caroler
Calzone407 as a Hitman
Abby as a Cop
gimmepie as an Amnesiac
Killua as a Chef
TailsMK4 as a Driver
Pecilia as a Baker
Lycanthropy as a Dreamer
Miah as Cthulhu
impulse~ as a Tailor
jdthebud as a Cultist
xDestroy as a Yakuza
Desox as a Tailor

the actual cast list

The numbers next to each role name represent what choice in a role suggestion list they were. The way roles were RNG'd is that a number (1-3) was assigned to each player's list as they signed up. One role from each player was entered into the game.

Killua
xDestroy
TailsMK4
Neko Maid Kapper
Calzone407
Abby
TheCapsFan
Desox
Neon Sword
Charlie Brown
Kitty
Nick Wilde
L'Belle
Bidoof FTW
gimmepie
Pecilia
Lycanthropy
jdthebud
Miah
impulse~
Easy Money Sniper
Ho-Oh
1 Chef
1 Baker
3 Driver
2 Telepath
1 Hitman
1 Cop
1 Baker
2 Tailor
1 Caroler
2 Host > Toreador
2 Toreador > Host
3 Sidekick > Mafia Goon
3 Ghoul
2 Hooker
2 Amnesiac
3 Yakuza
3 Dreamer
3 TFPTSLBOOIA
2 Cthulhu
3 Interrogator
3 Vigilante
x Shrink

the night actions

Night Zero
Easy Money Sniper, the Vigilante, attempted to kill Ho-Oh
Desox, the Tailor, dressed Bidoof FTW up as a The Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out of Its Ass
TailsMK4, the Driver, carried out the Mafia Kill on Bidoof FTW
Kitty, the Toreador, attempted to attract gimmepie, but failed
Bidoof FTW, the Hooker, roleblocked Easy Money Sniper
Calzone407, the Hitman, killed Neon Sword
Abby, the Cop, investigated gimmepie
TheCapsFan, the Baker, gave bread to jdthebud and Lycanthropy
Ho-Oh, the Shrink, treated themself
Nick Wilde, the Sidekick, became allied to Kitty, the Toreador

Night One
Easy Money Sniper, the Vigilante, killed TheCapsFan
Desox, the Tailor, dressed TheCapsFan up as a Consigliere
TailsMK4, the Driver, redirected actions between gimmepie and Neko Maid Kapper
TailsMK4, the Driver, carried out the Mafia Kill on Abby
jdthebud, The Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out of Its Ass, shot Neko Maid Kapper (redirected to gimmepie)
Abby, the Cop, investigated Lycanthropy
Killua, the Chef, set up a banquet for Charlie Brown and L'Belle
xDestroy, the Baker, gave bread to Easy Money Sniper and Killua
TheCapsFan, the Baker, gave bread to gimmepie and Neko Maid Kapper (both redirected to . . . each other?)
L'Belle, the Ghoul, haunted TheCapsFan

Night Two
Easy Money Sniper, the Vigilante, killed Charlie Brown
Desox, the Tailor, dressed Easy Money Sniper up as a Vigilante (redirected to Nick Wilde)
TailsMK4, the Driver, redirected actions between Easy Money Sniper and Nick Wilde
TailsMK4, the Driver, carried out the Mafia Kill on Killua
Kitty, the Toreador, forced Charlie Brown to visit her, causing them to swap roles
jdthebud, The Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out of Its Ass, shot Kitty
Killua, the Chef, set up a banquet for Desox and TailsMK4
xDestroy, the Baker, gave bread to jdthebud and Charlie Brown
L'Belle, the Ghoul, haunted Kitty
Lycanthropy, the Dreamer, had a pleasant dream about Miah

Night Three
Easy Money Sniper, the Vigilante, killed Nick Wilde
Desox, the Tailor, dressed Pecilia up as a Baker
Desox, the Tailor, carried out the Mafia Kill on Kitty
Pecilia, the Yakuza, sacrificed themself to recruit Nick Wilde
jdthebud, The Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out of Its Ass, used an Aimed Shot on Kitty
xDestroy, the Baker, gave bread to Kitty and Ho-Oh
L'Belle, the Ghoul, haunted Ho-Oh
Lycanthropy, the Dreamer, had a pleasant dream about Ho-Oh

Night Four
Easy Money Sniper, the Vigilante, killed Miah
Desox, the Tailor, carried out the Mafia Kill on Lycanthropy
jdthebud, The Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out of Its Ass, shot Easy Money Sniper, but missed
xDestroy, the Baker, gave bread to L'Belle and Desox
impulse~, the Interrogator, imprisoned and killed Lycanthropy
L'Belle, the Ghoul, haunted jdthebud

Night Five
Desox, the Tailor, dressed impulse~ up as a Tailor
Desox, the Tailor, carried out the Mafia Kill on impulse~
jdthebud, The Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out of Its Ass, shot Desox, but missed
xDestroy, the Baker, gave bread to impulse~
Ho-Oh, the Shrink, treated Kitty

Night Six
Desox, the Tailor, dressed jdthebud up as a Cultist
Desox, the Tailor, carried out the Mafia Kill on jdthebud
jdthebud, The Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out of Its Ass, shot L'Belle, but missed
L'Belle, the Ghoul, haunted Kitty

Night Seven
Desox, the Tailor, dressed xDestroy up as a Yakuza
Desox, the Tailor, carried out the Mafia Kill on xDestroy
L'Belle, the Ghoul, haunted Desox

trivia

• While many of the roles had alignments contrary to what they'd normally be, it was interesting that the game included a mafia aligned Vigilante and a town aligned Hitman, which are effectively the same role with opposite alignments.
  • Ho-Oh, who ended up surviving and winning the game, would have been dead during Night Zero if Bidoof FTW had not effectively been a Doctor by roleblocking Easy Money Sniper's kill during that same night. Unfortunately Bidoof FTW also happened to be the target of the mafia kill during the same night (which led him to believe he'd accidentally targeted a Granny role, but lucky for Ho-Oh he did far more than that).
  • Calzone407 got an incredibly lucky Night Zero hit. Normally town-aligned killing roles don't go off so early, but Calzone managed to kill a mafia member right off the bat. Sadly it was the one mafia role that did not benefit the mafia whatsoever (the mafia aligned Caroler), but a hit's a hit. Even more sadly, Calzone was instantly rewarded for his work with a Day One lynching.
  • jdthebud, the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out of Its Ass, who had a near perfect record of never targeting a town member with his action until the night of his own death, nearly killed Neko Maid Kapper during Night One. TailsMK4, the Driver, saved Neko Maid Kapper's live by redirecting actions between her and gimmepie, which caused gimmepie to die instead.
  • jdthebud, while having great accuracy in the targets he chose (mafia three times and third party twice), had terrible luck in every other way. Beyond his kill against Neko Maid Kapper being redirected, he attempted to kill Kitty the same night that she achieved immortality. Thinking it was due to a missed shot, he used his one time Aimed Shot on her the next night, which would have been a guaranteed kill against her had she not been immortal (thus leading jdthebud to believe that she was town aligned). All three of these shots were "successful," despite the two against Kitty failng due to her own role. The two nights following that, he targeted Easy Money Sniper and Desox, but these shots both missed.
  • It was unintended that Nick Wilde would show up as a town aligned Vigilante when he died. This was due to a lack of coordination in actions; Desox had been intending to cause Easy Money Sniper, a fellow mafia member, to show up as such in the case of his death, but TailsMK4, the Driver, targeted Easy Money Sniper and Nicke Wilde during the same night, causing actions targeting them to be redirected. Nick Wilde, who did not die that night, was informed that he'd received a Suit, but neglected to say anything about it in the thread before dying, allowing the Tailor to remain unnoticed.
  • On Night Two, both Kitty and Charlie Brown were targeted to be killed. Charlie Brown held the role of the Host, which meant that he was immune to all forms of death, no matter what, but he could also visit another player at any time during the game to swap roles with them. Kitty held the third party aligned Toreador, which forces any roles it targets to visit it. During Night Two, Kitty targeted Charlie Brown, which forced him to visit her and give her the Host role, which is both the only way Charlie Brown could have possibly lost his immortality without willingly giving it up, and the only way that Kitty could have survived being night killed that very same night. Furthermore, Kitty didn't submit her action until mere minutes before the phase ended, so this nearly didn't even happen.
  • During Night Two, Killua set up a banquet between Desox and TailsMK4. If he had selected one of them and any other non-mafia player, the existence of a Tailor or Driver would have been revealed, but he managed to set up two mafia members to converse in one night.
  • On Night Three, Pecilia, the third party aligned Yakuza, decided to use their action, as they believed that they'd painted enough of a target on their back to be selected as a night kill that same night. Tragically, Pecilia's recruitment target was Nick Wilde, who was also targeted to be killed that night, so both the Yakuza and their recruit perished simultaneously. Furthermore, both of them had been targeted by the Tailor, which is even more ironic considering that Pecilia was tailored that very night, but not targeted for a night kill, and simply died by their own hands. Had Pecilia not sacrificed themself this night, they would have been informed of being given a suit, which would have outed the existence of a Tailor.
  • During Night Four, Easy Money Sniper targeted Miah with his Vigilante kill. Up to this point, not a single player had targeted Miah, keeping the existence of a Cthulhu a secret, and the town had no open suspicions on Easy Money Sniper being mafia aligned. This kill was the only reason he was outed as mafia, and had he survived another night or two, a mafia victory likely would have been inevitable. Additionally, no one initially took notice of the fact that a Cthulhu had been killed, so impulse~ was nearly lynched that day, only mentioning the Cthulhu case as a last ditch effort to save themself.
  • impulse~, the town aligned Interrogator, only got the opportunity to interrogate a player once during the game, as only one day ended in a no lynch. This was during Night Four, and they very nearly imprisoned Desox for the night, switching their choice to Lycanthropy at the last possible second. If they'd stuck with their initial choice, the game could have possibly ended the following day with Desox being night killed and Easy Money Sniper targeting the Cthulhu and being outed.
boop[/URL]

Nakuzami

Years
Aaaaaand it's done!

Sorry the final post took so long. Was busy irl for the first day or so, and then PC was being lame and wouldn't load on my laptop (and that's not a post I was going to put together on my phone lmao). Plus, since it was the epilogue post, I didn't figure there was a huge rush to get it done, since there would be no progressing after it was up anyways.

There's probably more trivia I forgot to add in, but hey, just ask if you want to hear about more shenanigans lmao

Additionally, if you're in the Discord server, both the dead/spectator chat and the mafia chat will be opening up for everyone to read

Years
This was the first real game I had played of (Epic) Mafia, so I made a bunch of stupid mistakes. I will be much harder to pick out as mafia in the future since I know how I got singled out. The driver action on Night One was my highlight of the game, though, as I figured someone was going after Neko, and we as the mafia knew someone was hunting us down at night, but didn't know who or what role it was. Aside from that, though, I chalk up my mistakes to being a newb at the game rather than trying to cause a scene.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
All I will say for now is...

Well... I didn't exactly understand the role description for tailor then lmfao. Oh well. I had a plan still!

I instantly trusted Kitty after I found out we couldn't kill her (I just didn't get her role right), I trusted xDestroy because I did indeed have bread and was 85% towards L'Belle's claim being accurate (because who knows who you can REALLY trust)... but I wanted to be sure about Desox & L'Belle. By "Kitty will know what to do" I was hinting that if I was killed overnight that Desox is indeed mafia so lynch him. I didn't want him to know that though... so that's why I tried to make it as vague as possible.

Also my role was literally useless lmao so I just submitted for the fun of it and then did Kitty because I was like WELL accountability or something idk proof of something.

Anyways. I did indeed plan to get suspicion off my back when I was inactive. I knew what I was doing. :) Just may not be what you all thought I was doing.

Also:
"so, as town, let me try to help with the little i can do while am alive :c"
THIS SEEMS SUSPICIOUS AF, IMPULSE~. Like. I was like ok EMS makes sense but dude impulse~ is guilty af from that line. Just even reading back everything impulse~ said seems SO suspicious lmao.

UM. Other than that... I'm happy I didn't die N0. Thank you kind Hooker.

Nakuzami

Years
Also my role was literally useless lmao so I just submitted for the fun of it and then did Kitty because I was like WELL accountability or something idk proof of something.

As Ho-Oh's role was "cook's choice," I specifically chose to add in the Shrink in order to give some sort of counter to Miah's madness, though it ended up coming into play only once

Additionally it could have been effective against the Yakuza, though that would have been a much less likely occurrence (but, I mean, look at all the other unlikely shit that happened lmao)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 23, 2019
So... Mr Calzone407 why did you decide to kill me Night 0? I was looking forward to playing my first game here. >:/
It was a very fun game to spectate, would've been more fun if I survived to actually play the game, the mafia was at an disadvantage pretty early on but played well.

Back