• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where did you first get Pokerus?

Which pokemon would you like have Pokerus?

• Total voters

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I got it in Pokemon Pearl. I was breeding Togepis and trying to get a Togekiss. I really don't know where I got it from in the first place though. Must have been during a battle, trying to level up Togepi. But one of the Togepis got it randomly.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
I first got pokerus in platinum but I just cant remeber from where...all I know is that I spread it in every game afterwords and gave it to pretty much every pokmeon I owned lol

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I just got it recently, last month. When I was first playing my "All Watchog Team", first catching my low level Patrat, the last one I caught had Pokerus (before I had never encountered any Pokemon with it)

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 19, 2022
Not sure which Pokemon I contracted it from, but my first and only round of Pokerus so far happened in my Black game...and I STILL haven't ran into a shiny. >__<
I was so excited to see they had pokerus because I assumed I'd never be lucky enough to have it.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I found a Sableye in Rustboro Cave in Emerald and was pleasantly surprised when the Pokemon Center told me the great news. Another thing was that my internal battery had run dry so the clock did not work, therefore it continued having Pokerus long after the time for immunity came and past. :D

Years
The first Pokemon that I can actually remember running into that had Pokerus was a Geodude in HeartGold. Unfortunately, it was on a new file without overwriting the old one, so I couldn't save after my Pokemon contracted it. I have managed to find Pokerus once more since then, on a Magnemite in White 2 (this time, I was able to save).

For some reason, I have the feeling that one of my Pokemon had Pokerus at one point prior to owning HeartGold, but if they did, I can't remember it.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Don't believe I've ever encountered it. It's one of those things that you'd know about if one of your critters had it, right?

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
Upon doing the Save the Pokemon challenge on my Ruby version, I got the Pokerus with my Seedot/Nuzleaf. I don't remember fighting Pokemon that carries Pokerus, but that was lucky for me.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
Years
WaiT

I've never gotten it... ever... and you've gotten it multiple times?

I must be quite unlucky. Either that, or you're quite lucky!

To answer the poll, I would love a Houndoom with Pokérus

It's suppose to be rare, but some of us are lucky. I have had it on all my games, except maybe the first ones. I don't even remember when it first appeared in the games. Almost all my Emerald and Black pokemon have it now, though, and I got it randomly on both.

Tek

Years
One of my pokemon caught it between Violet City and Azalea Town when I was playing Silver a long time ago. I knew nothing about it until many years later.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Got it within the first week HGSS came out on my HeartGold game... I knew what it was luckily, but I for some reason thought nothing of it and just kept it for everyone I had at the time. I remember first noticing it outside the Pokemon Daycare on my Typhlosion although I had no idea of my progress or what I was doing. I think I already had my full team at the time and didn't care if it didn't spread to everyone.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
Years
Oh, and unless stated otherwise, I will trade pokemon with pokerus with people, while it's infectious. I am nice like that. I have given up several pokemon with the virus to several friends already. lol Tomorrow I have to give one of those friends another infectious pokemon because she accidentally forgot to store one with it on her Black 2 game.

Back