• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Catch 'Em All Club!

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Forgot to post in here, finished my living dex the other week so 801/802 (eagerly awaiting news of Marshadow) have been working on catching decent competitive nature versions of the Tapu's to replace out in my dex, wish id done the same for the ultra beasts and other legendaries. My end aim now is to replace any legendaries I can with decent nature versions and build them up and hyper train them, i didnt SR for all the legendary giveaways last year but I did for the most part so thats a few more to do and am farming for bottle caps.

Am contemplating re-starting Pokemon sun to try this but the thought of replaying all again so soon is putting me off.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Forgot to post in here, finished my living dex the other week so 801/802 (eagerly awaiting news of Marshadow) have been working on catching decent competitive nature versions of the Tapu's to replace out in my dex, wish id done the same for the ultra beasts and other legendaries. My end aim now is to replace any legendaries I can with decent nature versions and build them up and hyper train them, i didnt SR for all the legendary giveaways last year but I did for the most part so thats a few more to do and am farming for bottle caps.

Am contemplating re-starting Pokemon sun to try this but the thought of replaying all again so soon is putting me off.

Why not get Moon? Hahaha.

Or why not start on the non-SM legends? I'm assuming you have the Gen VI games, which would allow that.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I have completed the Alola Dex!! Did a bit of trading today with my friend to get Porygon2, Porygon-Z and Scizor, which where the final three I needed.

This is the first time I've ever completed a dex, so I'm pretty happy with this! I'll probably spend most of my time shiny hunting for a few weeks with my new Charm, and then after that mayyyyybe go for the full 802.

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I have completed the Alola Dex!! Did a bit of trading today with my friend to get Porygon2, Porygon-Z and Scizor, which where the final three I needed.

This is the first time I've ever completed a dex, so I'm pretty happy with this! I'll probably spend most of my time shiny hunting for a few weeks with my new Charm, and then after that mayyyyybe go for the full 802.

Congrats! Completing any pokedex is definitely awesome.
I do encourage going for the whole national dex, or even a living dex or some capacity. It just feels good to see the whole collection all at once. Still a shame the national pokedex isn't ingame.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Why not get Moon? Hahaha.

Or why not start on the non-SM legends? I'm assuming you have the Gen VI games, which would allow that.

I have moon (I completed it about 2 weeks ago) did sun first though.

I got rid of all my Gen 6 games as I don't tend to go back and replay. Decided i will restart Sun but will take the replay slowly so as not to burn out and do battle tree and breeding etc in Moon on the side.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Sadly I haven't made much progress (I got the new Zelda game.... sorry 3DS)

My Dex is currently 66% complete (199 alolan Pokedex/ 280)

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I've been working on my Diamond dex these days, progress is now 486/493. I'm getting very close. :D

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I've been kinda bored since I completed the Alola dex, so I'm considering trying to complete the dex in another game or mayyyybe the national dex.

It sounds like a ridiculous amount of work though wow.

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I've been kinda bored since I completed the Alola dex, so I'm considering trying to complete the dex in another game or mayyyybe the national dex.

It sounds like a ridiculous amount of work though wow.

Well, maybe just start with a living dex? Unless you already have one.
Then I would agree that you should start with another game unless you want to tackle the full 801.

Kumo Teto

regular ghost
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 31, 2018
Name/Nickname: yuichips
Current Progress:
Any other information you'd like to include: I don't want to be a competitive trainer, but I enjoy battling. While I try not to care about stats, my best answer is trying out all of my pokemon. I also don't have a personal favorite one because I can't choose, so I love them all. Such small things gives me a liking to capture and meet every kind of pokemon. This is my first dex, and I expect it to be filled sometime.
This is getting big but, I think Alola is great because there's a lot of diversity in the pokemon throughout the game imo, allowing you to get previous gens pokemon much easier than before. I like this. I expected the national pokedex to be included too, but oh well. Sorry, it's over already.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Current Progress:
Any other information you'd like to include: I don't want to be a competitive trainer, but I enjoy battling. While I try not to care about stats, my best answer is trying out all of my pokemon. I also don't have a personal favorite one because I can't choose, so I love them all. Such small things gives me a liking to capture and meet every kind of pokemon. This is my first dex, and I expect it to be filled sometime.
This is getting big but, I think Alola is great because there's a lot of diversity in the pokemon throughout the game imo, allowing you to get previous gens pokemon much easier than before. I like this. I expected the national pokedex to be included too, but oh well. Sorry, it's over already.
welcome to the club yurichips! :)

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Current Progress:

Welcome aboard! Since this is your first dex, it'll be tough. Good luck!

Kumo Teto

regular ghost
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 31, 2018
Welcome aboard! Since this is your first dex, it'll be tough. Good luck!
Will be entertained at it!
Oh, forgot to insert my progress. As of now: Alola 65%. Almost everything missing are evolutions, so I'm working on it. For the national dex I'm not sure yet.
Been a little busy so I'm still at 67%. I started evolving my pokemon at Poni Island, and I preffer it over repeating the elite four. Also, just realized how it's easier to raise traded pokemon. I'm not trading in order to complete, guess I like the feeling of evolving too.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I've decided to go replay the Gen 6 games in order to obtain new copies of all the legendary Pokemon available within. I traded away most of the originals in order to complete the Alola Dex as quickly as possible, so now if I want to complete the national Dex I'm gonna have to get them again, whoops.

How are the rest of you doing with your collections?

pkmin3033

Name/Nickname: Meyneth
Current Progress: WIP.
Any other information you'd like to include: See below! Because I like paragraphs.

Yeah, as I said, I've been meaning to post in here for a while, because the only enjoyment I get out of Pokemon games these days is through collecting one of everything. I kinda cheated with Moon, because I wound up transferring my 6th Gen mons over - which was a good 2/3 of the National Dex, after I raided my 5th gen games too - and breeding/trading for what I didn't have. There are a lot of cloned Palkia around the world right now. So a lot of my 7th gen stuff isn't actually mine. Derp.

But that's OK, because I hated Gen VII, and I wanted to spend as little time on Moon as possible...took me a little over 50 hours to get a full 7th Gen National Dex on Bank in the end. But! I have decided to do things properly in Gen VI now, since I'm kinda motivated for some weird reason - I DID want to get back into the franchise, though - and it's something to do. Operation Gen VI Living Dex is go! My rules are as follows:

- With the exception of Event Pokemon, all Pokemon must have my name (Dawn) as the OT. Obviously the trainer ID will vary, although asides from version exclusives and one-per-game Pokemon (starters and Legendary Birds) the primary trainer IDs will be from my first playthroughs of OR and X. These will be the ones I don't restart.
- Everything must be caught. Exceptions to this are things I need to breed due to not being obtainable any other way (excluding any Friend Safari exclusives, because I am not hunting online for the right safari) and starters, because three times each for XY and ORAS is quite enough.
- For the moment, this does not include forme differences...because if it did I would need to play ORAS four times to get one of every Deoxys, and I think I'd cry if I had to do that. Plus there is the Unown problem. Living Dex completion comes first, and if I make it that far, I'll see how I feel about hunting for Unown and play AS for a third time.
- No Master Balls for Legendaries, unless they're shiny. Going to regret this one before it's over I think...
- Obviously, no cheating. Although I don't have any software I can use to hack my 3DS anyway, so it's a moot point.

That's about it. This is probably going to take me all year if I stick with it, and be interrupted constantly by other games (I want to finish 50 games this year, and I have currently finished 23, so I have lots left to do...plus there's a lot coming out I want to play) but I'm going to make a good effort of it.

I currently have 33 Pokemon boxed in Omega Ruby, and 3 badges. Long way to go yet. xD;

...can I join, btw? /shot

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
you're in! the rules sound interesting; I was certainly a lot more liberal with trading and breeding when trying to complete my Alola Dex, but I may do some kind of similar challenge for the National Dex. I'd love to hear more updates as you progress! I'll add you to the members list.

pkmin3033

you're in! the rules sound interesting; I was certainly a lot more liberal with trading and breeding when trying to complete my Alola Dex, but I may do some kind of similar challenge for the National Dex. I'd love to hear more updates as you progress! I'll add you to the members list.
Ta~

I think what put me off the most with Gen VII is that you can't actually get everything in Gen VII games - something like 500 Pokemon are unavailable? - and once you transfer stuff over, you can't transfer it back. So I just kinda lost interest and ended up going crazy with breeding and GTS. If/when we get Gen IV remakes, or another Gen VII game that adds more/all the remaining Pokemon, I will probably make another Gen VII Living Dex...probably.

I'm going to keep a google doc of what I've got if I can ever sort it out, I'll keep you posted :o

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
My SM Pokedex is now at... 86% I think? It's going well. I play maybe once a week.

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
My SM Pokedex is now at... 86% I think? It's going well. I play maybe once a week.

Oh that's pretty close to completion. What have you got left? Trade evolutions?

Back