• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Johto Mysteries (T) (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024

Prop_Blue_Flower_Sprite.png
Pokémon: Johto Mysteries
Prop_Blue_Flower_Sprite.png

IC THREAD/OOC THREAD

Sign-Ups are now CLOSED

johtoandKanto_zps3a199c89.png

Accessory_Blue_Flower_Sprite.png
Memories of the past

It's been thirty years since I left New Bark Town and agreed to help Professor Elm with his research on whether or not walking alongside your Pokémon instead of carrying it in its Pokéball has any effect on its growth and evolution. I have successfully travelled across Johto and Kanto, challenging Gyms and collecting Badges. I even got as far as the Elite Four and became the Champion. And I even had the honor of meeting and battling the enigmatic Red.
I remember it all as if it were yesterday. My Meganium and I have witnessed many, many wonders in our journey and we fought many battles. Johto was greater than ever. We had customs and traditions, we had plenty of interesting places for tourists to see, we had beautiful landscapes and amazing routes and paths. The whole region was so full of life…​

Dealing with the present

Today's Johto region barely resembles the Johto I grew up exploring anymore. Cities are now larger, people are louder, there's barely any traditions and customs left. Save for the old ones and for those close to my generation, the younger ones have lost most of their values. You no longer see joy on their faces and they don't seem to notice the beauty of Nature anymore. Traditions turned into a "waste of time" to quote a few people I know. Even Violet City and Ecruteak City are slowly being absorbed into this boring mechanical world that lacks values. New, fancy looking buildings are slowly replacing the traditional ones and I'm quite sure that the only reason those two cities weren't completely engulfed in this huge lack of values isthe existence of the old Towers, the Sprout Tower and the Bell Tower, as well as the ruins of the old Tower that burned down a really long time ago. Those symbols of our region are the last hope we have in holding on to the very last traditions still being kept.

The new attractions in Johto are, maybe, the Contest Halls that have popped up here and there, the recently upgraded Daycare Center, now ran by Ethan and his trusted partner, Azumarill, the improved Safari Zone that is now even larger than before and has a wider variety of Pokémon from various regions and, of course, the numerous fashion stores.

And what do I do, you might want to know? Well, I, Lyra, am now Professor Elm's assistant. My residence is now Cianwood City and I'm in charge of the small PokéLab here. I'm closely monitoring the Pokémon activity throughout Johto and the Safari Zone.​

In dire need of help!

For some strange, unknown reason, in the past five years, the Pokémon Activity in the region of Johto has seen unusual changes and has been incredibly hectic and out of place. New species appeared out of nowhere, certain species have migrated to habitats that do not seem suitable for them and it seems that monitoring the situation is becoming extremely difficult.
On top of all that, there have been numerous reports of Pokémon Poachers all across the region.

In order to continue my research, I am in dire need of help. I can't leave the Lab and Cianwood because that would slow down my research, so I need you, young trainers, to lend me a hand. I need as much information I can get on how bad things actually are on the field, on possible causes for the strange activity and I could use any piece of information on those poachers I've been hearing about, in order to help put an end to their criminal actions.

So, will you please help me?​

The Journey

(Gameplay Information)

Accessory_Green_Barrette_Sprite.png
Lights, camera, action!
The story will be divided in Acts and Scenes, the Acts being main plots and Scenes being smaller plots contained within an Act. Acts could take up to two IC weeks, with scenes lasting at least one IC day, depending on the action in said scene, the difficulty of it and the Routes and Cities that it contains. The Journey begins in Cianwood City where each new trainer will recieve
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
3000, a Pokédex, 5 Pokéballs, a Potion and a Pokégear. Various Pokégear Expansion Cards can be obtained from various NPCs and Shops throughout the region.

Sliph Co. was nice enough to send Lyra a few exclusively made Pokégears for her to hand out to new trainers (mainly as means of advertising their products) so, you may choose a Pokégear from the list bellow:
Spoiler:

Remember, there's only one of each so, choose wisely.
(You will obtain all those items in Act 1, Scene 1, once the IC thread is up, but you should choose a PokéGear now, to avoid lots of complications and allow the first Scene of Act 1 to go smoothly.)
I want to be the very best!
Since this is essentially a Journey-like RP, each character is free to have whatever goal they wish. However, characters can't disregard Lyra's call for help so, at least some effort needs to go towards trying to help Lyra. Other than that, characters could opt for challenging Gyms, taking on Contests, becoming Pokéathletes, becoming breeders, or even actors alongside their Pokémon and so on and so forth. The choice is yours!
I choose you!
As far as Pokémon go, this RP will have more of an Anime approach than a Games one. There's no such thing as levels. There's no EVs, no IVs. A character can only carry six Pokémon at a time. However, Pokémon can be sent back to the Cianwood Lab, should any character opt for using Pokémon in rotation rather than settling for a team of just 6.

You may pick whatever Pokémon from Generations I-VI as your starter, but it must be in its lowest evolutionary stage. The starter Pokémon's moves and ability will be decided by the GM, once a character has been accepted.

Evolving a Pokémon is something that must be discussed about with the GM. Trade evolutions will work just like in the Anime. Pokémon that evolve by being traded holding an item, will be able to evolve by holding the required item when taken to the PokéCenter for healing (much like Misty's Poliwhirl evolved by picking up the King's Rock and then being called back into its Pokéball and given to Nurse joy for treatment).

A character can run into as many wild Pokémon as they want to and they can try catch them but the success of the capture and the ability of the captured Pokémon are to be determined by the GM. The moves of the wild Pokémon can be chosen by the RPer (with no levels, each Pokémon is different), but learning new moves should be discussed with the GM first. Learning a new move will also occur much like it does in the anime (a Pokémon is training to increase its speed and ends up learning a move that's related to the type of training for example).

Legendary Pokémon are off limits. Running into a Legendary Pokémon/befriending a Legendary Pokémon is allowed if discussed with the GM beforehand, but capturing them is strictly forbidden.
Nice to meet you, trainer! Now, let's battle!
Characters are free to interact with eachother and, save for certain set NPCs (such as Gym Leaders, Elite Four members and Lyra/Ethan), the creation of NPCs is allowed. You may create a rival, a childhood friend, relatives. You have complete freedom as far as creating and interacting with NPCs goes.​

We're law abiding citizens. We promise!

(Rules)

1. PokeCommunity rules apply.
2. The GMs have the last word on most (read as all) matters.
3. Be courteous and nice.
4. God-modding and powerplaying are forbidden and frowned upon. Bunnying is only permitted if the person in question allowed it, otherwise, it's just as forbidden and frowned upon.
5. Try to avoid making your character into a Mary Sue/Gary Stu. Perfection is overrated anyways.
6. Be careful not to interfere with another character's challenging of a Gym Leader/ Elite Four member. Only one person can challenge a Gym Leader/Elite Four member at a time.
7. This RP is rated T for Teen. The use of strong language and sexual references is strictly forbidden.

I wanna play too! Can I?

(Sign-Up Sheet)

Your sign-up sheet must contain the following information:

Name:
Pokégear Choice:
Appearance:
Personality:
Starter Pokémon:
Short description of your Pokémon's traits and personality:
Roleplay Sample:

The Roleplay Sample must reflect the circumstances your character and their starter Pokémon met under and what motivated your character to go on a Pokémon journey.

I am the law!

(Game Masters)

[Supporter]Orianna[/Supporter] and Genesis

You're part of my world!

(Accepted Characters)

1. Mina Akimoto- [Supporter] Orianna[/Supporter]
2. Izzy "Doc" Sato- [SUPPORTER]TheZenTraveler[/SUPPORTER]
3. Jonathan Hanoma- Black Ninetales
4. Miriam "Millie" Jeremiah- Fuyu
5. Josh "Lakitu" Hirosan- LakituBroz
6. Alex Blake- Genesis
7. Kieran "Kiki"- DemonicWolf
8. Evelyn Green- ShaymieTheShaymin
9. 'Captain' Theia Aethers- PkMn Trainer Yellow
10. Serah Maxwell- Alby4t5
11. Clair Morelle- DADICE
12. Ilia Meredith Jones- Mochika Rage

POKÉMON TEAM TRACKER

Credits

Johto Generation IV Pokédex- Elaitenstile
PokéGear Sprites- Ominn on DeviantArt
Johto/Kanto Map- SirDreamWorks on DeviantArt
Background image for the CSS- taken from here
Cianwood Complex Picture- AlvinHew on DeviantArt
Gen I-V Pokémon Sprites- Pokecheck
Gen VI Pokémon Sprites- Pokemondb
Professor Lyra's drawing- [Supporter]LilJz[/Supporter]
Lilly's art-taken from here
Gym Leader Michael- Lotadd on DeviantArt

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
And here's my SU ^-^

Prop_Big_Barrette_Sprite.png
Mina Akimoto
Prop_Big_Barrette_Sprite.png

Female

PokéGear Choice

pokegear_pearlescent_sprite_by_ominn-d3augjk.gif

Appearance

Spoiler:

Mina is a girl that doesn't stand out too much through her appearance (but rather her personality). She's barely five feet tall and everyone in her family, except for her nine year old sister is a lot taller than her. Her long, soft, chestnut hair falls loose past her shoulders and stops in soft curls along her hips. She'll often braid a couple of her hairlocks in three-part braids and tie pretty red, silk ribbons at the ends. Her round face ends up in a slightly pointy chin and her forehead is always covered by slightly messy bangs that barely reach her top eyelids. Her eyes are neatly outlined by long, thick eyelashes and her thin eyebrows, hidden by her bangs most of the time, sport the same chestnut colour as her beautiful hair. Unlike most her family members that are slightly on the heavy side, due to various reasons (mostly hereditary), Mina is pretty lean and quite frail-looking.

Style-wise, Mina prefers wearing girly outfits and anything that she deems cute or adorable. Her usual outfits consist of knee-length dresses that may or may not have frills and bows on them, short- sleeved cotton jackets that almost always have frilly collars and puffy sleeves. She prefers matching her outfits with pretty-looking flats, but she sometimes goes out of her way and wears sneakers, but only if she's supposed to walk a lot. She always carries around a purple raincoat and matching purple boots for when it's raining and a pink, hand-made, wool scarf can be found stored neatly in a pocket, right next to a few pairs of tights that she wears during winter. An adorable pair of hand-made wool mitts match the scarf she's so proud of.

Her favorite accesories seem to be the various silk bows she ties in her hair and chokers, usually matching her dress colour. She wears no earrings as she often says that they're "utterly annoying and unnecesary" and she rarely hapens to wear any sort of bracelet or ring. She sometimes replaces the silk bows in her hair with a colourful scarf, but only if it's extremely windy or if she feels cold.

For her journey, Mina opted for an adorable pink dress with frills on the front and a white short-sleeved, cotton jacket with a frilly collar and some strings in the front that the girl tied into a pretty bow. The usual red, silk ribbons hold her three-part braids together and a cute pink and red choker is neatly wrapped around her neck. A pair of pink flats with red bows on the front were her choice of footwear, but she neatly packed away, right next to her purple rain boots, a pair of pink and black hiking sneakers. For sleeping purposes, she neatly packed away a pair of long, blue, sweatpants that she matches with a long-sleeved hooded sweatshirt that has adorable Skitty ears on the hood. The backpack she went for is a rather large red hiking backpack with plenty of different pockets, offering her enough room for a couple of changesof clothes, as well as any items she might need in her travels. She handpicked a teal sleeping bag on which she handpainted various Pokemon sleeping and the tent she decided to buy was large enough to fit at least two other people, promptly telling her mother that it's "better to be safe than sorry".

Personality

Mina is an extremely cheerful person. She's quite gullible and easily-impressed, but despite all that, she has great instincts and a keen eye for details and that's what got her out of many sticky situations. She's quite good at beating about the bush, but, at the same time, she's pretty impulsive and she might lose her temper and snap, if the person she's interacting with tries stretching her already thin patience. She can get quite competitive at times and she can be hot-headed. She rarely says no to a challenge and she'll get out of her comfort zone at times, just to try and win.

At times, Mina can be much like a fizzy drink, exploding when you least expect it. She easily gets flustered and angry at the same time, especially if anyone makes any comments on her height or calls her "Shorty" which is a generic, but accurate nickname her family gave her, due to being the shortest in the family.

She loves Pokemon and can't stand seeing them suffer. She'd often bring home stray Pokemon as a kid and get scolded for it, because she used to get so attached to some of them that she'd often outright refuse letting them go once her family found them a loving family or a place to stay.

Mina can be as childish as she looks at times, especially when it comes to food or candy. She's a bit of a glutton and she'll never pass up on any kind of food that looks delicious. She refuses sharing her sweets in particular and she will only do it if the person in question is in such a poor state that she feels bad about them.

Starter Pokemon

607.gif

Chibi (♀)

• Ember
  • Astonish
  • Minimize
  • Smog

Short description of your Pokemon's traits and personality

Chibi is a lot like her trainer. She's extremely playful and quite mischievous at times. She's as naive as her trainer and, unlike Mina, she lacks the great instincts and the eye for details. She depends a lot on Mina and can act just like a spoiled child if not given enough attention. She can get quite competitive if another Pokemon seems to be snatching her trainer's attention and would go as far as to sap the life energy out of the "intruder". She has a hard time accepting other Pokemon around Mina, but there's some she instantly feels connected to and that she eventually allows in the presence of her trainer.

Despite being easily impressed and naive, Chibi isn't one to trust strangers and will always retaliate with an attack against every attempt to be handled by anyone other than Mina. That's why, her trainer has to always either be present while Nurse Joy examines her or call the Pokemon back into its Pokeball.

Chibi hates her Pokeball because she fears that Mina might one day forget to call her back out or that she might start prefering another Pokemon over her so, if ever called inside, she'll pop back out and refuse to go back in, choosing to run off and hide for a while, until Mina gives up on trying to call her inside.

Mina allows Chibi to feed off her life energy every once in a while, but the Pokemon feels really bad about it and often refuses to do it, prefering to sneakily sap away some from nearby Pokemon or people.

Roleplay Sample

"I'm off to the Safari Zone, Mom!" Mina shouted excitedly as she slipped into her flats and dashed towards the door.

"Ok then, dear, take care! And don't bring any Pokemon home, you hear me?" her mother shouted from the kitchen. "Be back in time for dinner!"

Mina was already running towards Route 47, right west of town. She loved going at the Safari Zone and watching all the people and Pokemon around. She had been visiting the Safari Zone at least twice a week for the past three years now and all the staff was used to her constant visits. She became so widely known among them that word of the young, regular custommer, reached the Warden's ears so he decided to give her free access into the area whenever she could not afford to pay the entrance fee. She was nice enough to bring everyone Lemonade and Dumplings as thanks whenever she couldn't pay the entrance fee, though, so that made it quite fair for both parties.

As she was making her way along Route 47, clouds started gathering on the sky, slowly, but surely, covering the sun and the wind picked up. The girl started shaking, as the breeze turned colder and wrapped her arms around herself to stay warm. As she went on, the thunder started roaring and she could soon see lightning dashing across the sky. In a matter of minutes, rain started pourring and Mina had to give up on her visit to the Safari Zone and head back home.

As she turned around and was about to start running back home, she heard a faint cry coming from the trees nearby, on Route 48. She stopped in her tracks and listened carefully. The faint cry reached her again and the girl was soon running towards the source. She soon reached what seemed to be the source of the cries but could see nothing. She looked around and carefully listened again.

"Wiiiiick!" the faint cry reached her once again.

This time, she was closer so she immediately realized that the cry was coming from a huge tree to her right. She went over and looked around once more. On the ground, at her feet, she saw a small, white, candle-like Pokemon that looked up at her with its big, yellow eyes. She immediately got on her knees and tried to pick up the Pokemon but it immediately used Smog. It was, however, weak so it was more of a puff than of the actual move, so the pokemon cowered in fear.

Mina gently picked it up and noticed that it had no flame and that it was breathing heavily. She held the Pokemon close at her chest and started running home, holding the small creature close, trying to keep it warm.

The Pokemon looked up, trying to understand the human and not knowing what to expect. It was really scared, but, somehow, it felt safer in the girl's arms than under that tree, in the rain.

Mina reached home faster than it took her to get to Route 48 and pushed the door open, threw her flats off her feet and ran straight to her room where she grabbed a pillow and a blanket and placed them on an armchair, after which she wrapped the Pokemon in the blanket and went to the kitchen to grab some food she could feed it.

Her worried mother decided to follow her, as the girl would not answer any of the questions she'd been asking since her arrival and was extremely upset to find out that her daughter had brought home a Pokemon again.

"Young lady, what did I tell you when you left earlier, huh?" she asked in an angry tone.

"I don't have time for this now, mom, please!" Mina pleaded then sat next to the armchair and tried feeding the weak pokemon before her, but to no avail. It was too weak to eat and too scared to even move.

The girl's mother shook her head and left the room while letting her daughter know that she was disappointed.

Mina ignored her mother's words and tried feeding the Pokemon once more.

"Come on, you can do it!" she encouraged the little creature, but it let out a soft cry and closed its eyes, sighing deeply.

The worried girl dashed downstairs and grabbed the Phone and dialed the number of the Cianwood City PokeLab.

"Hello?" a mild woman's voice spoke on the other end.

"Hello! Professor Lyra?" a worried Mina said between sobs.

"Yes, who is it?" Lyra asked worriedly.

"It's Akimoto Mina. You've got to help me!" the girl said and then rapidly explained what happened.

She knew nothing of the Pokemon she picked up and the only one she dared asking was Lyra, the Pokemon Professor.

"What you have there is a Litwick" Lyra said then read the info she had on it to a concerned Mina that quicky started writing everything down.

After a good 15 minutes, Mina finally knew what to do so she thanked the Professor and ran back to her room. She had found out that Litwick need to feed of life energy for their flame to light up and that it would feel better after doing so. She was scared, but she had no other choice so she softly caressed the creature before her and spoke to it in a soft voice:

"I know you need to feed of life energy to feel better so I'll offer you some of mine. Please, take as much as you need." she pleaded and the weak Litwick looked at the girl, curiosity lurking in its yellow eyes. "Do it, please!" Mina went on and closed her eyes as she mentally prepared for any sort of possible pain.

The tiny Litwick realized that the girl was being serious so it proceeded to sap away at her life energy, just enough for its flame to light back up and for it to feel better again.

A now tired Mina now collapsed next to the armchair, her head resting softly on the pillow, next to the Pokemon she had rescued.

When she woke up the next day, she discovered that she was wearing her pyjamas and was in her own bed, with Litwick watching her closely from the nightstand nearby. The girl was happy that the Pokemon was all better so she ran downstairs to give her parents the good news, only to find out that Professor Lyra had paid them a visit the previous night, explaining the situation to her parents and that they agreed to let Mina keep the Pokemon for as long as she wanted to.

That day, Mina cheerfully asked the Litwick if it wanted to be her partner and friend and, after it said yet, the girl caught it with a Pokeball her mother gave her that the Professor had given them just in case. To Mina's surprise, soon after capture, Litwick popped out of its Pokeball on its own and refused to go back ever since.

The two became the bestest of friends and had been for over two years. In those two years, Mina found out that Litwick was female and decided to nickname her Chibi and, as the two grew closer together, the girl decided that when sheturned 15, she would go on her own pokemon Journey, to discover the mysteries of Johto and meet all sorts of Pokemon.

Now that she had Chibi, her partner, she was ready to take on the world.

CSS by Kranic

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years

Alex Blake

Fq5es2t.jpg

Male

Pokegear Choice:

pokegear_red_sprite_by_ominn-d3aqfax.gif

Appearance:

He is rather tall as he stands at 5'9" for his age. Thanks to spending various troublesome hours working out, he has quite a well built body. Nathan doesn't really like to dress all formally as he finds this to be really troublesome and boring to death. Thus, you'll find him wearing casual outfits such as a plain white shirt, black jeans and black sneakers. Sometimes, he even wears a jacket or a hoodie if it's cold.

Personality:

Alex is one of the laziest person you could potentially meet on Earth. He's almost always relaxing somewhere instead of doing things he should. A huge procrastinator, he always do things at the last minute yet he still manages to get them done fairly well. Despite being a huge lazy bum, he's always up for some challenge. Pokemon battles are probably the only things that motivate him to be less lazy and to train more. He is a kind and friendly guy who won't hesitate to lend a hand to people in need of help. He cares a lot about his friends and would even go as far as to risk his life to protect them. He likes to laugh and smile thus he isn't one to be really depressed.

Despite being lazy, he can be quite competitive if he is challenged by someone. When he's beaten, he trains non-stop until he's able to take revenge upon his loss. He's also quick to anger, snapping out for any little things and ready to fight. Nathan's not a good thinker, he prefers acts over thoughts or discussions. Thus, he's quick to react without thinking about it first.

Starter Pokémon:

Daze ♂
004.gif

→ Scratch

→ Ember
→ Growl

Unlike his master, Blaze is a competitive and hyperactive Pokemon. Never complaining about battles or training, that's the things he likes to do more. He's not a very social Pokemon as he doesn't other people to caress him, doesn't really like to play with other Pokemons and is only at ease with his trainer. Blaze also is a very jealous Pokemon as he likes to be his trainer's all-time favorite. Thus, he doesn't really like when other Pokemons mesmerize Nathan and will do anything to get better than them.

Roleplay Sample:

As usual, he was on the flower fields, resting on his back while watching the clouds in the sky. He found this hobby to be really relaxing and he didn't have to do something troublesome for it. That was quite a good activity that allowed him to rest his soul and to be lazy at his heart's content without getting yelled at for it. Seriously why did his parents have to be so boring and encourage him to be productive.

"Meh, productivity is for the weak. I shall continue to be lazy."

And he liked to talk to himself too. Talking to others required too much energy sometimes, energy that he didn't always have so he preferred to be alone. He was alone most of the time anyway. Apparently, he was too lazy for the others. They don't know what they're missing as he was a fabulous person. And yes, he's quite full of himself if you couldn't already see that. He was going to stay there for a little bit more, he was feeling too good to just get up and leave plus, going at his house right now required effort, an effort he wasn't willing to do yet.

Or that's what he thought. In a few minutes, the beautiful blue sky darkened signaling the approach of the rain. But he still didn't feel like leaving, hoping the rain would stop without even starting. But his hopes were crushed as some drops of rain smashed on his face. Oh, how troublesome that was! He sighed before standing. The rain was starting to go strong so he couldn't go home yet. He looked around and noticed a huge tree a little near him. That would do it plus he'd be able to lay on the tree so that's a win-win situation for him. Once again, destiny had other plans for him. As soon as he approached, he heard a faint growl.

"Uh, what's that sound?"

He looked around but didn't see anything so he thought that was his constantly spinning mind. He paid down and closed his eyes. But then, he heard the sound again. That couldn't be his imagination. He got up, much to his dismay, and proceeded to carefully examine each part of the tree. Then, hiding in a corner, he noticed a little Charmander. He tried to pat the Pokemon but it tried to attack him.

"Careful little dude, I'm not gonna hurt you."

Another thing he noticed was that the little Pokemon was injured. Who had the heart to do this to a Pokemon? That was just evil. He promised that he'd do everything in his power to help the little dude out. He tried approaching the Pokemon very carefully. It took some tries but the Charmander finally let him at least touch his head. Meanwhile the rain had started but it was starting to get dark so he'd have to go home very soon. But he wouldn't leave without the little dude.

"Hey little boy, I'm not leaving you like this so let's get you healed up at my house."

After some moments of thinking, the Charmander made a nodding noise and jumped in his hands. Alex grinned and started to run in direction of his house. Once he arrived there, he was expecting questions and his mother asking him to get rid of the Pokemon but what happened surprised him. They were happy to see he finally got one and he'd keep him at one condition : go on a Pokemon adventure. He accepted and thus his long companionship with the Charmander, that he nicknamed Daze, started.

Placeholder for now.

Last edited:

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
Name: Curtis Moore
Pokégear Choice: Matrix

Appearance:

Curtis can best be described as looking rather ordinary. He's a fairly lanky 5'9" boy with blue eyes behind rectangular-framed glasses and dirty blond hair going down to his neck that likes to settle as a complete mess. As a result, it's usually hidden under a gray snap-back cap. He wears a red t-shirt and a black pair of jeans, as well as a pair of black sneakers. He carries a white-and-red bag similar to what most Pokémon Trainers have to hold items.

Personality:

Curtis will do anything he wants to as long as there isn't a good reason not to; he lives off of split-second decision-making and will refuse to show regret for anything he's done. Even if he knows he's made a mistake, he'll weasel his way out of it any way he can. He's not much of a talker, and will mostly ignore anyone who he really doesn't want to interact with, no matter how rude or eccentric he comes off as.

He's fascinated by anything unusual, and will go out of his way to investigate it; however, he does like to stay well within his comfort zone and has more than enough common sense not to end up in a bad situation. He's also a very logical thinker, and if there's any convention that he sees flaw in, he won't hesitate to voice his opinion.

Starter Pokémon: Buizel (female)
418f.gif

Curtis' Buizel is a very enthusiastic and bold fighter, not even caring what opponent she's up against. She's somewhat of a glass cannon, delivering loads of force but easily taken out by her opponent. After losing, she's still ready to get back up and try again, regardless of how bad the loss was. She also loves how warm Johto is compared to her native region of Sinnoh.

Roleplay Sample:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years
May I reserve?

Name: Hikaru Morioka

Pokegear Choice: Team Rocket Edition

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Energetic and excitable, Hikaru let's nothing stand in her way. She is bold and blunt, and is not afraid to state your flaws in front of you. She loves being honest, and is not afraid to trash-talk her enemies. She is kind and compassionate, often taking the health of others before her own. She loves pokèmon, but is terribly afraid of Caterpie ever since the age of eleven when she met Cynder. She loves to win, and is a horrific loser, often challenging you too a re-match when you least expect it. Hikaru loves to battle, and is often challenging the first person she can find.

Starter Pokémon: Cyndaquil[Cynder] ♂

Cynder is a very special pokèmon with blue flames. Cynder is bold and true, proven by the fact he's not afraid to take on a water type. He is prideful, and hates to lose as does his trainer. Cynder loves to battle, and is quick to impress Hikaru. Together with his trainer he thinks he's unstoppable.

Roleplay Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Sure, but you forgot to reserve a PokéGear xD
I know Nathan wants the red one cause we talked about all of this before the thread was even up xD
But you guys need to reserve a PokéGear since there's only one of each for every player xD

YellowGardevoir

"Intend to? I already have."
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
Reservation Please! I'll work on this over the course of this weekend.

Name: Savanna Forester
Pokégear Choice: Silver
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Savanna is slim and of average height, about 5' 6" tall. She has long, straight, white hair that reaches down her back. She doesn't usually play around with it, preferring to just brush it in the morning and put a headband in it to keep it under control. She generally wears a solemn expression, and avoids heavy make-up. She dislikes flashy clothing, opting for modest shirts and dresses over most other things.

For her journey, she packed weather-resistant clothing, as well as options for cold or hot temperatures. She also has several pairs of shoes, though not enough to make her pack too heavy to carry.

Personality: Savanna was raised by very traditional parents, and still keeps most of the old Johto customs. She is often very formal, especially to strangers and adults, and keeps a somber expression in most situations. This isn't to say that she can't have fun, and she does smile frequently, but on the whole she is a very quite individual. She enjoys calm surroundings, not enjoying the loud monstrosities like Goldenrod has become. She enjoys spending time in the ancient towers spread across the Johto region, as well as the Ruins of Alph.

Starter Pokémon: Honedge
Short description of your Pokémon's traits and personality: Honedge is... a sword. He doesn't really have any external expressions, and rarely even make noise. However, Savanna and Honedge have concocted a form of communication involving Honedge vibrating his blade in certain ways. Honedge does have emotions though, even if he doesn't often show them. For example, he is fiercely loyal to Savanna and won't let any harm come to her.

Roleplay Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Dark, you missed the Silver PokéGear by a few seconds I guess xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Sure ^^ Rocket PokéGear it is ^^
Sorry about the whole messup and stuff >u<

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Oh, if you guys got any questions and stuff, feel free to ask o.o
I'll do my best to answer them ^^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Can I reserve for a blue pokegear? :3

Of course you can ^-^

About catching wild Pokèmon:
Do we determine the captures ourselves or is it the GM's decision?

The capture will be determined by the GM. Your post must end on the capture attempt.
You may choose the wild Pokémon's moves, but its ability and its gender will be determined by the GM upon capture, ifthe capture succeeds.

Was that good enough of an explanation? ^-^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
O course it was! Okay then, so what do you do when facing an NCP trainer? (Yes, I'm full of questions.) ^v^

Well, if the NPC Trainer meeting was introduced in your IC by the GM, then it will most likely be a battle. As far as the Trainer NPCs created by the RPers, it is their decision what's to happen next as long as battles are kept fair (your character can't always win) and the Pokédollars rewards are reasonable.
I'll most likely make a list of Pokédollar rewards for most of the places throughout Johto once the IC is up.

May I reserve the Bleeder PokeGear style?

The Bleeder PokéGear is yours ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back