• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
001.gif
004.gif
007.gif
025.gif
133.gif
147.gif

152.gif
155.gif
158.gif
190.gif
215.gif
246.gif

252.gif
255.gif
258.gif
280.gif
328.gif
371.gif

387.gif
390.gif
393.gif
403.gif
447.gif
443.gif

495.gif
498.gif
501.gif
559.gif
570.gif
610.gif

SPRITES! spritessptirespritesspritestpiresptiesptirepseirpsiersp I like looking at sprites.

Anyways, as always your RP looks epic. The backstory isn't too complicated and gives a good incentive for players to travel and want to build stories out of the plot.

The thing I've been thinking about lately is levels in pokémon RPs. Lately, I've tried avoiding them. Sometimes I enjoy writing battle posts just to see the levels of my team climb. Gives me something to write towards, so to say. But most people would say that that isn't the point of forum RPing. Interaction should be the point, they would say. Focusing on interaction is easier when you don't have to squeeze in tedious or hasty battles in every chapter just to keep up with the levels of the others. Then again, there are no such rule to forum RPing here :p creating a single player-ish game for players to write through can be just as rewarding. In a different way. But it might die quicker.

I'm not sure what my real opinion on levels vs levelless is ^^ but those are the thoughts that came to me now.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
SPRITES! spritessptirespritesspritestpiresptiesptirepseirpsiersp I like looking at sprites.

Anyways, as always your RP looks epic. The backstory isn't too complicated and gives a good incentive for players to travel and want to build stories out of the plot.

The thing I've been thinking about lately is levels in pokémon RPs. Lately, I've tried avoiding them. Sometimes I enjoy writing battle posts just to see the levels of my team climb. Gives me something to write towards, so to say. But most people would say that that isn't the point of forum RPing. Interaction should be the point, they would say. Focusing on interaction is easier when you don't have to squeeze in tedious or hasty battles in every chapter just to keep up with the levels of the others. Then again, there are no such rule to forum RPing here :p creating a single player-ish game for players to write through can be just as rewarding. In a different way. But it might die quicker.

I'm not sure what my real opinion on levels vs levelless is ^^ but those are the thoughts that came to me now.

Yeah, nowadays, I see interaction is the key to a good pokemon RP~ Hence why I do encourage player-to-player interactions; even with short posts because it's easier than just typing a huuuuge RP post in one go. ;___;

Well, tbh, levels don't even matter when it comes to pokemon battling anyway so long as you're creative and have a wide moveset on your pokemon; so I want to give more chances for pokemon to learn more moves than just battling. (well, just a theory.)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Well, tbh, levels don't even matter when it comes to pokemon battling anyway so long as you're creative and have a wide moveset on your pokemon; so I want to give more chances for pokemon to learn more moves than just battling. (well, just a theory.)

Yeah, that's usually how it ends up working, I guess :3

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Aaaaaaand I'm back!

Now that took a while... This moving had a bit of everything, fights with mutant cocroaches, fridges that had fongus wherever you looked at, spiders... Yup, quite an interesting couple of days.

Anyways, as I just said, I'm back, and right now I'll try to see what happened in both of my RPs while I was gone :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Aaaaaaand I'm back!

Now that took a while... This moving had a bit of everything, fights with mutant cocroaches, fridges that had fongus wherever you looked at, spiders... Yup, quite an interesting couple of days.

Anyways, as I just said, I'm back, and right now I'll try to see what happened in both of my RPs while I was gone :3
Glad to see you back!

Funfact: RPing does wonders for writing essays. I think it actually helps too much, I'm writing my college essays and I can't seem to keep my essays under the 300 word limit :/
From my experience, RPing does the opposite since I'd rather write lots of RP posts than do my essays on time xD

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Oh how I hate writing essays too. ;-; I'd rather write a billion RP essays than an essay on Economics. :x

Well, I posted the journey RP I've made, after tweaking the plot a bit and making a map with a town list. All it needs is the seal of approval. :3

Meanwhile, I have a topic question if you guys don't mind:

What do you usually look for in RPs?

What I mean is, do you prefer to join RPs that are original, or maybe based off your favourite series, or maybe a RP that has an interesting plot with an interesting SUS...

There's more than one answer for this. :3

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
I. HATE. ESSAYS. Essays are the bane of my existence.

Ooh Doronjo made a new RP? Must. Not. JOIN.

I'm working on an RP of my own, though at this rate I won't have it finished until December. It's a crossover of Digimon and Puella Magi Madoka Magica. It's not only girls though XD Working on it, working on it, though not sure if I should post it...

Hm, I mostly look for plot. It helps if it's a series I know or a world I'm familiar with but if it's original the plot has to be interesting or relatively cohesive with enough wiggle room for people to come up with new ideas.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Skymin will have so many RPs to go through when she comes back. I'm still working on the RP I mentioned some weeks (?) ago. I've decided it will be a spiritual sequel to Pokémon VR but being much more alike SAO than the old RP was. Still haven't posted it since I'm not sure about how much time I'll have on my hands these coming weeks :p but I doubt I'll be violently busy. So. I guess I could... post it... so tempted... Gonna have about 8 players this time. Double up from Checkmate!

A franchise I recognize or an interesting setting or system for playing. Plot, of course, but plot forms over time as well in an RP :3 And I think I've mentioned before that I like looking at delicious posts. This doesn't mean that I won't join un-css'd RPs. It just means what it means: delicious colors/sprites/banners are delicious.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
HEY GUYS I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAACK

all assessment is officially finished so guess what i'm shuffling through as we speak? NEW RPS! YAY!!!!

AND yeah there's a few rps in my pile. oops. but don't worry!!! i'll get through all of them, if it's the last thing i do!

i miss roleplaying so much and it's so good to be able to be here without feeling guilty about school. *collapses into university coma*

ALRIGHT! LET'S GET TO IT, KIDS!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
This question isn't directly related to RPing, nor is it a new topic (it's just a simple question) but it does have a heavy effect on it and RP is largely the reason I ask it.

What would be a good medium for expanding my vocabulary? I notice that I use the same words over and over again, and it not only makes my posts less attractive, but it also feels somewhat repetitive to me. This is most evident in my reviews and my RPs. I've found that lately I haven't been able to find words to explain what I mean, and because I can find the words, there's really nothing that I can do to search words for the meanings.

Khawill

<3
Years
Well a thesaurus is the first thing that comes to mind. Though sometimes they relate words like good and great.

You could pick up a second language and borrow words from that or you can pick up Latin and make your own up.

The problem I think there is with a thesaurus is that the words they say are related are to always words you want to use.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Take Medical terminology class. Seriously. I'd also recommend looking up words in other languages.because when you look them up other versions of that word pop up, not just in Spanish and such. Also, read multiple genres of book for various age groups.

Doronjo stop tempting me with your awesome. Seriously.

Shameless plug for Nideous' and my roleplay. Here please take a look.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I always use a Thesaurus if I decide to *spice* up my vocabulary. No worries, I face the same problem. xD I don't wanna say "she can't understand the note" while I could say "she can't decipher the note" since they're both smiliar. So, thesaurus is always good imo. :)

Khawill

<3
Years
I always use a Thesaurus if I decide to *spice* up my vocabulary. No worries, I face the same problem. xD I don't wanna say "she can't understand the note" while I could say "she can't decipher the note" since they're both smiliar. So, thesaurus is always good imo. :)

I don't know, decipher means the note is encoded or has a hidden message of sorts, whereas understood could mean that the note is in a different language or that the girl simply can not read it.

Maybe the girl can't comprehend the note. Would be much closer to understood the note.

Decipher works better with "The girl could not decipher the prisoner's messages, because he had written all of the notes in code." or "The girl can not decipher the program used to hack into her computer system." Both of these can be replaced with understood but comprehend wouldn't work well with them.

I'm not an English major or anything so maybe I'm wrong but definitions for words are not always telling you which context to use it in.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Hello and Good Evening. Or Morning, Or Afternoon, or whatever time of day exists in your location.

After a break from the quarter because of the Roleplay Olympics, I am pleased to announced the return of the Roleplay Awards. Be sure to cast your nominations before the end of the month!

Link Here

Also, as a reminder to anyone here who is new, misinformed, or out of the loop, I am still better than you.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I don't know, decipher means the note is encoded or has a hidden message of sorts, whereas understood could mean that the note is in a different language or that the girl simply can not read it.

Maybe the girl can't comprehend the note. Would be much closer to understood the note.

Decipher works better with "The girl could not decipher the prisoner's messages, because he had written all of the notes in code." or "The girl can not decipher the program used to hack into her computer system." Both of these can be replaced with understood but comprehend wouldn't work well with them.

I'm not an English major or anything so maybe I'm wrong but definitions for words are not always telling you which context to use it in.

That is...if she's reading a note of binary coding or a note of a different language she hasn't seen before. It was just an example. I didn't need an explanation. :P

BUT YEAH use a thesaurus. It'll help you lots.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Thanks, guys. The thesaurus was actually the first thing I'd thought of, and I immediately went to a library and got one (now it's almost due back). It's been okay, but it may be that I haven't been utilizing it enough. The Medical Terminology and learning another language...I'd never really thought of. I am learning Japanese, since that has the most conventional and practical use in my life, so there's that, and Medical Terminology seems incredibly useful as well, I'll give it a shot.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

What I mean is, do you prefer to join RPs that are original, or maybe based off your favourite series, or maybe a RP that has an interesting plot with an interesting SUS...
I love both original and series-based RPs, but it all depends on how it is presented.

What would be a good medium for expanding my vocabulary? I notice that I use the same words over and over again, and it not only makes my posts less attractive, but it also feels somewhat repetitive to me. This is most evident in my reviews and my RPs. I've found that lately I haven't been able to find words to explain what I mean, and because I can find the words, there's really nothing that I can do to search words for the meanings.
You can just use something like thesaurus.com instead of checking out a book, but yes, a thesaurus can help quite a lot, because I know exactly how you feel.

Hello and Good Evening. Or Morning, Or Afternoon, or whatever time of day exists in your location.

After a break from the quarter because of the Roleplay Olympics, I am pleased to announced the return of the Roleplay Awards. Be sure to cast your nominations before the end of the month!

Link Here

Also, as a reminder to anyone here who is new, misinformed, or out of the loop, I am still better than you.
Great to see the RPAs are back!

Thanks, guys. The thesaurus was actually the first thing I'd thought of, and I immediately went to a library and got one (now it's almost due back). It's been okay, but it may be that I haven't been utilizing it enough. The Medical Terminology and learning another language...I'd never really thought of. I am learning Japanese, since that has the most conventional and practical use in my life, so there's that, and Medical Terminology seems incredibly useful as well, I'll give it a shot.
Japanese is a wonderfully difficult language to learn, so enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back