• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Totally Love this Hack, it's like I have always iagined a Crystal remake for GBA, one Report, check the grass in front of Azalea Gym's door, it has to be a round tile if I remember right.
P.S.: P.C.C. is an awesome thing, I hope we will get a special Gold and Silver Pokeball there after the Pokeleague ;)
Oh, don't worry. The player, Celio, and Bill will get the server rebooted long enough for that one special item to be sent through to the PCC. ;)

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
What about Mew, will you make it available like in Emerald?
And will you add the Birds and Mewtwo like in HGSS?
Safari Zone?
And for the inconvenience of answering that many questions, here is a present, from me, for you ;)
Hope you like it (and use it (i personally think it already floats somewhere on the internet));)
EDIT: Added Gyarados that is better suited for placement on water tiles (added Waves or shadows or whatever)

Last edited:

Zepp710

Fearaligatr
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2011
THis is an amazing game. G/S/C are my favorite games ever. I played shiny gold but i was disappointed that it was totally complete. I hope that you will make this a complete game kinda like Pokemon Brown. BTW when do u think beta 2 will come out

blase005

PKMN Yellow Lightning Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
Now i havent read through all the comments but when i was playing your game i met the person that would show me how to capture pokemons. But instead of capturing the pokemon he instead made it faint. Do you think you can fix that by giving the pokemon a bit more health? Otherwise im still going through the hack and im about to go to the first gym. Gonna see if i can beat it with only cyndaquil (first evolve it)

*EDIT*

well i played a bit more and i decided to save my game once but for some reason my VBA emulator has been acting weird lately and i cant save any of my games. However after the game totally freezing but still being playable (i couldnt do anything) and i lost all my data. I decided to switch over to NO$GBA since the saving system works on that emulator. I made it to the voilet gym leader but i died on him. Im gonna train my cyndaquil up to a quilava and then im gonna fight him again. Its a great hack but i wish i had played a bit more of the original pokemon crystal. When the beta is over (i cant play any more of it) Im gonna rate everything and tell you what i think.

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
What about Mew, will you make it available like in Emerald?
And will you add the Birds and Mewtwo like in HGSS?
Safari Zone?
And for the inconvenience of answering that many questions, here is a present, from me, for you ;)
Hope you like it (and use it (i personally think it already floats somewhere on the internet));)
EDIT: Added Gyarados that is better suited for placement on water tiles (added Waves or shadows or whatever)
That's great! I'd need all the facing frames, however (for if you talk to it from the side, for example, or the back)
THis is an amazing game. G/S/C are my favorite games ever. I played shiny gold but i was disappointed that it was totally complete. I hope that you will make this a complete game kinda like Pokemon Brown. BTW when do u think beta 2 will come out
Thanks for the input! GSC is also my favorite generation.
Yes, this WILL be completed... some day. And Beta 2?
I'm not even thinking about that until Shining Opal Beta 2 Redux is released.
Now i havent read through all the comments but when i was playing your game i met the person that would show me how to capture pokemons. But instead of capturing the pokemon he instead made it faint. Do you think you can fix that by giving the pokemon a bit more health? Otherwise im still going through the hack and im about to go to the first gym. Gonna see if i can beat it with only cyndaquil (first evolve it)
Yeah, I've noticed that too. I'm trying to fix it, but I wish that the game would just have the guy catch it and not battle it...

blase005

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
I have some ideas that you might find interesting. What i thought about was if you could make so at the end of the game you get a ticket to go on a boat to a hidden island that isnt on the map and when you arrive there you have a chance to battle Mew but you only get 1 chance on it so if you make him faint and you save after you cant get him anymore.

Another idea that is for the Celebi. I heard you get a GS ball and place it in his home and he appears. You could try making so proffesor Elm gives you the GS ball and tells you to let that pokeball guy that makes pokeballs to research it and then... well yeah you know the rest its just like the celebi event that you cant do anymore.

One last idea i got is again when you beat the game. You get another ticket that will take you to an island that is like the battle frontier in pokemon emerald but it has a diffirent name and looks like something that fits Jotho. Allthough i do bet you are gonna make so you visit kanto after you beat the game. Its just some ideas i got incase you couldnt add in Kanto. I played a bit more of the game and im leveling up my cyndaquil to make it ready to battle the voilet gym leader again. I know that when i do that kabuto puzzle i wont be able to do the puzzle. I hope you find a way to make it possible to have the puzzle since it was my favorite part of finding unown.

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
Okay, I will try to make the other sprites, but it might take some time, because I'm very busy at the moment (school, work, friends...) but I think it will be done in time.

I have some story ideas to.

First Celebi: Like in japanese Crystal (get GS Ball in PokeCom Center after E4 then go to Kurt and afterwards to the forest shrine)
Legendary Birds: Like in HG/SS (because Red did not catch them in the GS timeline)

Mewtwo: Also like in HG/SS (for the same reason)

Mew: when you catch/defeat Mewtwo you find a "Myterious DNA String" you take it to the fossil researchers (also like HG/SS) and one says that it's from Mew, then he remembers the "Old Sea Chart" they found in one underwater expedition and gives it to you, so that you can find Mew (than it's like in Emerald) I'm also thinking of doing you a better Mewtwo OW so that Mew's isn't bigger than Mewtwo.

Ruby: Since Ruby and Red had their adventures at the same time you could put Ruby into the game to, only that he is in the Seviis istead of Mt. Silver, he could have a team oriented on the Hoenn Starters Gardevoir and two others.

Regice: in a new chamber in Ice Path after defeating Ruby

Regirock: in Rock Tunnel after defeating Ruby

Registeel: Somewhere in the Seviis after defeating Ruby

Lati@s: Roaming Kanto after defeating Ruby

Groudon Kyogre Rayquaza: You find the Ruby and Saphire on the Seviis. After you give them to Celio he thanks you, because he lost them and then tells you about Groudon and Kyogre which are said to live under the Seviis, because they departed from Hoenn after the Big Battle they had three years ago, he then gives you the ticket to Navel Rock, where you find the two (both in underground Caverns) When you return outside Navel Rock collapses and on your next visit you find the Emerald! You then show it to Celio who then uses it to improve the Link to Hoenn, but something goes Wrong and you are teleported to Sky Tower (you can't leave because the Cave to Lillycove has collapse in the past three years) here you can catch Rayquaza, after the battle you are teleported to One Island again, where Celio tells you that Rayquaza may have wanted you to Tame Groudon and Kyogre once and for all.

Deoxys: After defeating Ruby you find a strange meteor on Mt. Moon Steven Stone meets you and tells you that something is not right about the rock he than gives you the Aurora ticket, because he thinks there is a connection between Birth island and the meteor. (I can make you a FR/LG Steven Stone sprite too ;) )

Jirachi: After defeating Ruby and returning to the place he was on the Seviis (It has to be on a mountain) and it's night you find a strange Stone where a writing is carved into which says that you should make a wish which comes from your heart, after answering the wish Jirachi appears (I will try to make sprite for it to)

Hope you like my Ideas for the Legendaries and maybe implement them ;)

blase005

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
Ok i just beated the Beta. It was fun but i do hope you have changed the intro since it looked boring to me since nothing was changed. Also i dont like that you cant name your Rival but i guess you cant program that in. Hope Beta 2 comes out soon since im really looking forward to beating Jotho. One more thing that confuses me is that Jotho is called Tohjo or something which is strange since its suppose to be Jotho. However this is all in Beta 1 i havent seen any progress pictures of the game yet. Keep up the good work since i dont want this hack to die!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2018
@jj_olli
I think it would be good if Mr Fuji had something to do with Mew as he was involved in the whole Mewtwo creation and was apparently the one who put Mew back on Faraway Island

Sierraffinity

Years
I have some ideas that you might find interesting. What i thought about was if you could make so at the end of the game you get a ticket to go on a boat to a hidden island that isnt on the map and when you arrive there you have a chance to battle Mew but you only get 1 chance on it so if you make him faint and you save after you cant get him anymore. Erm... Nope. There'll be a different way to get it that I've already planned out.

Another idea that is for the Celebi. I heard you get a GS ball and place it in his home and he appears. You could try making so proffesor Elm gives you the GS ball and tells you to let that pokeball guy that makes pokeballs to research it and then... well yeah you know the rest its just like the celebi event that you cant do anymore. Well, it'll basically be the Celebi event in my game, with a minor difference.

One last idea i got is again when you beat the game. You get another ticket that will take you to an island that is like the battle frontier in pokemon emerald but it has a diffirent name and looks like something that fits Jotho. Allthough i do bet you are gonna make so you visit kanto after you beat the game. Its just some ideas i got incase you couldnt add in Kanto. Why wouldn't I? It's part of GSC. I played a bit more of the game and im leveling up my cyndaquil to make it ready to battle the voilet gym leader again. Cool. I know that when i do that kabuto puzzle i wont be able to do the puzzle. You won't be able to do the puzzle itself, but talking to the place where it's supposed to be will ask you if you want to solve it and activate everything. I hope you find a way to make it possible to have the puzzle since it was my favorite part of finding unown. Me too.

Okay, I will try to make the other sprites, but it might take some time, because I'm very busy at the moment (school, work, friends...) but I think it will be done in time. Thanks.

I have some story ideas to.

First Celebi: Like in japanese Crystal (get GS Ball in PokeCom Center after E4 then go to Kurt and afterwards to the forest shrine) Mm-hm. Except, with the Global Trade Server being down, something slightly different will cause the ball to arrive...
Legendary Birds: Like in HG/SS (because Red did not catch them in the GS timeline) No. Just no. This is a bad idea. Like somebody else in this thread said, it was like they hadn't moved an inch for three years. So no, you will get them, but not like crappy HGSS did it.

Mewtwo: Also like in HG/SS (for the same reason) See above comment.

Mew: when you catch/defeat Mewtwo you find a "Myterious DNA String" you take it to the fossil researchers (also like HG/SS) and one says that it's from Mew, then he remembers the "Old Sea Chart" they found in one underwater expedition and gives it to you, so that you can find Mew (than it's like in Emerald). Nope. It's already been planned out. I'm also thinking of doing you a better Mewtwo OW so that Mew's isn't bigger than Mewtwo. Thanks, I'll need that.

Ruby: Since Ruby and Red had their adventures at the same time you could put Ruby into the game to, only that he is in the Seviis istead of Mt. Silver, he could have a team oriented on the Hoenn Starters Gardevoir and two others. Maybe. If I do, however, it'll probably be a double battle between the player and Silver against Brendan and May (or you and May against Silver and Brendan, or another arrangement).

Regice: in a new chamber in Ice Path after defeating Ruby Sounds interesting. Come to think of it, I still haven't done much for anything from RSE...

Regirock: in Rock Tunnel after defeating Ruby Makes sense.

Registeel: Somewhere in the Seviis after defeating Ruby But the other two are in Johto, aren't they? How about, maybe, Mt. Mortar?

Lati@s: Roaming Kanto after defeating Ruby No, too much like HGSS. They'll probably still be roaming somewhere, just not Kanto.

Groudon Kyogre Rayquaza: You find the Ruby and Saphire on the Seviis. After you give them to Celio he thanks you, because he lost them and then tells you about Groudon and Kyogre which are said to live under the Seviis, because they departed from Hoenn after the Big Battle they had three years ago, he then gives you the ticket to Navel Rock, where you find the two (both in underground Caverns) When you return outside Navel Rock collapses and on your next visit you find the Emerald! You then show it to Celio who then uses it to improve the Link to Hoenn, but something goes Wrong and you are teleported to Sky Tower (you can't leave because the Cave to Lillycove has collapse in the past three years) here you can catch Rayquaza, after the battle you are teleported to One Island again, where Celio tells you that Rayquaza may have wanted you to Tame Groudon and Kyogre once and for all. Some of what you said is actually what I'd already planned out! But the whole teleportation to Sky Pillar thing, how you find the Emerald, and some other things will be different.

Deoxys: After defeating Ruby you find a strange meteor on Mt. Moon Steven Stone meets you and tells you that something is not right about the rock he than gives you the Aurora ticket, because he thinks there is a connection between Birth island and the meteor. (I can make you a FR/LG Steven Stone sprite too ;) ) Yeah, go ahead and make the sprite, that would be great. But Deoxys will probably not be on Birth Island.

Jirachi: After defeating Ruby and returning to the place he was on the Seviis (It has to be on a mountain) and it's night you find a strange Stone where a writing is carved into which says that you should make a wish which comes from your heart, after answering the wish Jirachi appears (I will try to make sprite for it to) Thanks for the sprite, but I think I just might make the event, whatever it is, happen in a special little place on Mt. Moon...

Hope you like my Ideas for the Legendaries and maybe implement them ;) I like some of them, but the others are not what I had in mind/already planned out.

Ok i just beated the Beta. It was fun but i do hope you have changed the intro since it looked boring to me since nothing was changed. How was nothing changed? Compare it to Emerald's. Also i dont like that you cant name your Rival but i guess you cant program that in. I have in fact, but for Beta 2. Hope Beta 2 comes out soon since im really looking forward to beating Jotho. Cool. One more thing that confuses me is that Jotho is called Tohjo or something which is strange since its suppose to be Jotho. Well, Tohjo is a name that encompasses both regions, since I need to find a way to make the name change when you scroll over the different regions... However this is all in Beta 1 i havent seen any progress pictures of the game yet. If you want some of Beta 2's progress, I have a video somewhere in this thread. Keep up the good work since i dont want this hack to die! Die? Far from it!

@jj_olli
I think it would be good if Mr Fuji had something to do with Mew as he was involved in the whole Mewtwo creation and was apparently the one who put Mew back on Faraway Island Maybe he'll be part of it, but I doubt it... Wait... An idea just came to me! I have to write this down...
Responses to all of you guys' comments in bold above.
Keep up the comments!

blase005

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
I got an idea for Latias and Latios. You get to choose which one to capture (Like in Emerald) and then you search around everywhere in Sevii till Latios/Latias arrives and you get a chance to capture him/her. To capture the other one you will have to find a crystal ball in a cave on Sevii. You hand it over to proffesor Elm and he tells you to visit Oak in Kanto. When you visit Oak he will give you something that allows you to capture Latios/Latias and then you can catch them both. You will have to capture the first one before capturing the second one though to make it more complicated. If the first one faints then you cant capture the second one at all and you have failed the Latias and Latios Event. Btw the crystal ball idea came from the soul douge or whatever its called thingy from Pokemon Heroes The Movie.

For the Title Screen and Intro thing i was talking about i ment the part from when you start the game all the way to title screen without pressing A. Nothing is changed there and i hope you have made a new title screen and intro before title screen that fits Pokemon Crystal.

Btw for the Jotho and Kanto thingy you can try naming it Jonto or something since its JO-tho and ka-NTO together. But i do hope you find a way to make them seperate like you said. Have you tried naming it Jotho Kanto?

Sierraffinity

Years
I got an idea for Latias and Latios. You get to choose which one to capture (Like in Emerald) and then you search around everywhere in Sevii till Latios/Latias arrives and you get a chance to capture him/her. To capture the other one you will have to find a crystal ball in a cave on Sevii. You hand it over to proffesor Elm and he tells you to visit Oak in Kanto. When you visit Oak he will give you something that allows you to capture Latios/Latias and then you can catch them both. You will have to capture the first one before capturing the second one though to make it more complicated. If the first one faints then you cant capture the second one at all and you have failed the Latias and Latios Event. Btw the crystal ball idea came from the soul douge or whatever its called thingy from Pokemon Heroes The Movie. Sounds cool, but the current story for them is much cooler. Trust me on this!

For the Title Screen and Intro thing i was talking about i ment the part from when you start the game all the way to title screen without pressing A. Nothing is changed there and i hope you have made a new title screen and intro before title screen that fits Pokemon Crystal. Ah, I see. Well, the part before the intro is pretty much unchangeable except for the images; the animations can't be changed. Even with only the pictures to change, I have no sprites to replace them with.

Btw for the Jotho and Kanto thingy you can try naming it Jonto or something since its JO-tho and ka-NTO together. But what about Tohjo, like I have currently, since it's kan-TO and JOH-to (albeit the h is mixed up) And the connection between Kanto and Johto is called Tohjo Falls, after all... But i do hope you find a way to make them seperate like you said. Have you tried naming it Jotho Kanto? It wouldn't fit in the box provided.
Responses above in bold. Great ideas, although they probably won't be implemented.

blase005

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
If you want i can look for some sprites and change them around a bit to fit. Like changing May on the bike into the male character and change all the pokemons that are there aswell into Jotho pokemons. I can make Torchic be Tododile or something and make flygon be Celebi or something. I will scale the pokemons into what size they are. If i can make this for you then just tell me and ill start working on it right away. I like to help people with stuff that has with sprites or pictures to do with. For the kyogre, groudon and rayquaza part idk what i can do there but as you said its probably unchangable.

Sierraffinity

Years
If you want i can look for some sprites and change them around a bit to fit. Like changing May on the bike into the male character and change all the pokemons that are there aswell into Jotho pokemons. I can make Torchic be Tododile or something and make flygon be Celebi or something. I will scale the pokemons into what size they are. If i can make this for you then just tell me and ill start working on it right away. I like to help people with stuff that has with sprites or pictures to do with. For the kyogre, groudon and rayquaza part idk what i can do there but as you said its probably unchangable.
If you can, thanks! The legendary trio part can have its images changed too, so maybe you could have Entei for Groudon, Raikou for Kyogre, and Suicune for Rayquaza.
And for the title screen, I was thinking about it being the same idea behind the Emerald screen, except with Suicune looking down at you kind of menacingly. Maybe make its eyes glow like Rayquaza's markings.

blase005

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
ok im gonna start with making Celebi over flygon and then i made Tododile and think of what the 2 other pokemons can be. I can see what i can do with the legendary trio thing with the stuff i have. However everytime i try to edit a image for a pokemon game with a program i get a messed up tile that reminds me of MissingNo D: So you will have to test and edit it by yourself ^^'

*EDIT*

I just wonder if i can make so that when rayquaza is suppose to glow yellow at some spots i instead make suicune a bit visible but also make unown appear around him making it be a bit more like the original intro.

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
ok im gonna start with making Celebi over flygon and then i made Tododile and think of what the 2 other pokemons can be. I can see what i can do with the legendary trio thing with the stuff i have. However everytime i try to edit a image for a pokemon game with a program i get a messed up tile that reminds me of MissingNo D: So you will have to test and edit it by yourself ^^'

*EDIT*

I just wonder if i can make so that when rayquaza is suppose to glow yellow at some spots i instead make suicune a bit visible but also make unown appear around him making it be a bit more like the original intro.
Sure, go ahead, so when Suicune's eyes (and maybe something extra) glow, so will the Unown! That's awesome.

blase005

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
i think im gonna make the suicune and unown part first so i have that out of the way and then make entei and raikou shadows and then send them to you before i torture myself by doing all the sprites all by myself.

*EDIT*

I sent you the suicune and unown part to you in a PM. Im gonna work on the pokemons that follows you and the trainer on the bike instead before i make entei and raikou. If you want i can make a title screen aswell since i have something in mind but im still thinking on it.

Last edited:

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
For the other 2 Pokemon in the intro you could use Umbreon and Espeon. I think they were some of the more important "normal" GSC Pokémon

blase005

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
I found a way to "fix" your world map name problem. I'll send it to you with a PM. However its a cheap edit but it solves your problem with calling it tohjo.

@jj_olli

I can make him a umbreon sprite to replace the pokemon that runs beside May in the beginning i can and make him a pichu running and tripping instead of totodile. Thanks for mentioning umbreon. Im gonna make some custom umbreon sprite and make them fit the replacement of the running pokemon beside may in the intro (what is the name of that pokemon?) however the 2 pokemons that are gonna replace groudon and kyogre will still be entei and raikou since diego wanted them to be there.

Last edited:
Back