• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EM][FR] Pokemon Overworld Form(e) change.

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
Good things. So sad that this is not in ASM. since it will been easier for me to convert routine into Ruby rom.
ASM is easier for me to port int ruby engine than C scripts.

The ASM future seems so faint and dark actually..
If things like dissaembly happen successfully then yeah I think we wont be needing the asm more.. ;)

Trainer 781

I have met some problems about Kyurem.When I use the dna_splicers to relieve the black or white ,it hints there is no enough place in the party. But it still returns.After I want to fusion again, it hints mulitype fusions are not allowed.
Another thing is that if I fusion 2 Kyurem black or white, and then I relieve them, the first fusion can not return, just the second. Maybe it is my fault, I didn't understand the saveblock about SAVE_FUSEE, I just write the 0x0203CF64 in Dynamic Pokemon Expansion for EM.
Sorry about that I don't know how to send a picture, could you understand what I said, it's really sorry about that.THANKS for your great work.

You can do this. Use 0x0203CF64 for kyurem and 0x0203CF64+0x64 for Pokemon Expansion.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 7, 2017
You can do this. Use 0x0203CF64 for kyurem and 0x0203CF64+0x64 for Pokemon Expansion.

Er...I just try it, but it can succeed only once. After I revert the black or white kyurem, it can't fusion again. It always hints 'multiple fusions are not allowed.';-;

Trainer 781

Er...I just try it, but it can succeed only once. After I revert the black or white kyurem, it can't fusion again. It always hints 'multiple fusions are not allowed.';-;

Ohk, we'll look into it. It would be nice if you can PM me the patch and the save for ease.

Last edited:

Trainer 781

Kyurem form(e) change is fixed. Was a silly mistake on my part.

For anyone who is an Emerald hacker and doesn't have any clue about the Saveblock and wants to use the 3 hacks that involve Saveblock (Poke Expansion, Kyurem Forme Change & Item Expansion) should follow this pattern:
1. 0x203CF64 - for Dizzy's Pokemon Expansion.
2. The smallest offset greater than (0x203CF64 + no_of_dex_mons/8 +1), ending with 0,4,8 or C.
3. For Dizzy's Item Expansion use the offset calculated in point 2 + 0x64.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
For Shaymin, the genies, etc, what does this mean:
3. Open an item editor, select the item to be used as Gracidea and set the Field Usage Pointer to the offset corresponding to item_forme_change_handler_gracidea[B}+1[/B].

Do you mean add 1 to the handler, and then divide it?

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
For Shaymin, the genies, etc, what does this mean:
Code:
3. Open an item editor, select the item to be used as Gracidea and set  the Field Usage Pointer to the offset corresponding to  item_forme_change_handler_gracidea[B]+1[/B].
Do you mean add 1 to the handler, and then divide it?

TfaYrte.png

I hope this image will answer your question :)

nevermind other part of G3T, I just edited the part which would answer your question

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2019
Hi there, I was wondering it was possible scope in this project to create alternate forms of wild pokemon that cannot be changed with items, without creating a separate species for that pokemon? Or if there's a tool that performs a similar feature.

The best in-game example I can think of is Spinda and Unown with the latter being determined by individual personality value, though that may be a little complex, having multiple forms of a specific Pokemon that can appear in the wild, like shellos and gastrodon with these differences retained as characteristics of that specific Pokemon. Another example being the gender differences between certain male and female Pokemon (like Pikachu's tail) or perhaps allowing for a Notched Eared Pichu and Pikachu coloured Pichu to appear in the wild, whilst still counting as a Pichu in the eyes of the Pokedex as per the HG/SS games?

Some other example of what I mean, Flabébé, Floette, and Florges distinct colours; Vivillon's 18 distinct patterns, Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist's different sizes, Oricorio's plumage.

Thanks for your advice.

Last edited:

Trainer 781

Hi there, I was wondering it was possible scope in this project to create alternate forms of wild pokemon that cannot be changed with items, without creating a separate species for that pokemon? Or if there's a tool that performs a similar feature.

The best in-game example I can think of is Spinda and Unown with the latter being determined by individual personality value, though that may be a little complex, having multiple forms of a specific Pokemon that can appear in the wild, like shellos and gastrodon with these differences retained as characteristics of that specific Pokemon. Another example being the gender differences between certain male and female Pokemon (like Pikachu's tail) or perhaps allowing for a Notched Eared Pichu and Pikachu coloured Pichu to appear in the wild, whilst still counting as a Pichu in the eyes of the Pokedex as per the HG/SS games?

Some other example of what I mean, Flab?b?, Floette, and Florges distinct colours; Vivillon's 18 distinct patterns, Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist's different sizes, Oricorio's plumage.

Thanks for your advice.

Our team actually found the routine, responsible for loading sprite differences for Unown we'll use that to implement sprite dfifferences for Flabebe, Floetee, Florges , Vivilion, Minior etc.
Gastrodon, Pumpkaboo sizes can be just handled using different slots mapped to same the dex entry.

Oricorio is an item forme change. It should be also included the pending list.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 17, 2023
I am getting this error when trying to compile the project:

$ python3 scripts/build.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "scripts/build.py", line 12, in <module>
Paths = PathVar.split(';')
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'

How do I fix this?

romsprid

Be Legend Be Yourself
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 8, 2021
deoxys forms is not working for me,any clue ? the game freeze when i use the main script in the signpost and also i tried the script but it doesn't work

Years
deoxys forms is not working for me,any clue ? the game freeze when i use the main script in the signpost and also i tried the script but it doesn't work

Could you send me a .rar of your Pokemon Overworld Form(e) change compilation file? I can try to figure out why this mistake.

Back