• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Only thing I can think of is that is there a Hacked pokemon you have in that box? If so try releasing it. If not then I suggest staying off that box.

Could a Hacked Pokemon that was traded to me be an issue? I got a shiny Metagross from a friend he claimed it was legit but I doubt it. I would have no issue with this box thing If I could still Trade. But trading auto opens Box 1 could I poke sav over every poke in the box maybe?
I would hate to ruin my game Further.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
I'm EV training my Tynamo. He has a Power Lens and Pokerus, and I'm fighting Litwicks which give one Sp. Att EV per kill. This means 10 EV per kill total, so why am I only seeing his Sp. Att increase one level with each kill? Shouldn't it be two? Does switching him out in battle make a difference?

EDIT: Sometimes I see no increase in Sp. Att.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Could a Hacked Pokemon that was traded to me be an issue? I got a shiny Metagross from a friend he claimed it was legit but I doubt it. I would have no issue with this box thing If I could still Trade. But trading auto opens Box 1 could I poke sav over every poke in the box maybe?
I would hate to ruin my game Further.
I haven't had any experiences with hacked Pokémon, so I can't say...but if you have a hacked Pokémon in the box that's causing trouble, then yeah, you might be screwed. I hope you have a second system to transfer any unrecoverable Pokémon to from your other boxes in case you need to restart your game.

My Box 1-7 is mainly used only for Unova (this will however reduce once I'm through the second E4 and I'm concentrating exclusively on one generation at a time in my completion mission). Add three boxes for each generation (later to be designated by index numbers perhaps once all is complete), a box for various babies, a box for baby Zoruas exclusively, two legendary boxes, and my Trades box...and I've used all 24. I need more room. Darnit. My Trades box is Box 24, but just in case I ever have that kind of hacked Pokémon problem, I might have to relocate that box someday. We'll see.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm EV training my Tynamo. He has a Power Lens and Pokerus, and I'm fighting Litwicks which give one Sp. Att EV per kill. This means 10 EV per kill total, so why am I only seeing his Sp. Att increase one level with each kill? Shouldn't it be two? Does switching him out in battle make a difference?

Like I had said before, sometimes it spaces out.

I fed all the ones I could in Feathers to a Pokemon I was training on Black and White and I didn't see any immediate change, but as I started to level it up, I saw some jumps in the stats that wouldn't have been done if I were raising it randomly.

It spaces out cause you won't get a level 1 with 60+ Special attack. The 62 bonus attacks are spread out evenly as it levels until it can't go up anymore.

It still goes up if you hit 100 because it just doesn't lock in your stats anymore.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years

Also depends on what nature your pokemon is.

blue

gucci
Years
Not sure if this is really classed as a question but more of a preference but not really sure where the appropriate place to ask this is sooo..

I'm having trouble deciding on a sixth member of my Black team, it's either going to be Deino or Ferroseed, I know they both have pros and cons and I'm aware of Hydreigon's higher stat total but I was just wondering if anyone who's used either of these could tell me from their own point of view who they think I should choose?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Not sure if this is really classed as a question but more of a preference but not really sure where the appropriate place to ask this is sooo..

I'm having trouble deciding on a sixth member of my Black team, it's either going to be Deino or Ferroseed, I know they both have pros and cons and I'm aware of Hydreigon's higher stat total but I was just wondering if anyone who's used either of these could tell me from their own point of view who they think I should choose?

Both are completely different and it's almost impossible to compare, really. Do you want something offensive? Hydreigon definitely. If you want something to make battles longer/set up hazards, then Ferrothorn. While Ferrothorn can attack it shouldn't really be used primarily for that and even its main attack doesn't have 100% accuracy, so... :( But yeah, generally in-game Hydreigon is best for you imo.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If you're willing to put up with the large amount of time needed to evolve (Lv.64), then Hydreigon. Definitely.

Cyclone

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
I'd appreciate it if someone could rate the team I have currently:

Darmanitan lv 48
Seismitoad lv 48
Eelektross lv 46
Archeops lv 46
Excadrill lv 50
Musharna lv 47

I just got my eighth badge and I'm headed for Victory Road.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
You can always trade for Zorua. It won't be the one from Castelia.

Also, there may be people offering Celebi for trade who can clone it. This is important, because the event Celebi can only be used once (in fact, mine now says it has met its friend from Castelia City). It therefore cannot be used in two different games by the same person.

I'll send you a VM.

Cyclone

Years
I have a shiny celebi, but no doc to get the relocator.
How do i get zorua. Now?

Now if you have the event Celebi transferred over from a 4th Gen game, you can activate the Relocator by saying this message:

EVERYONE HAPPY
SIMPLE CONNECTION

If you have Celebi with you, make sure you have an empty slot in your party and talk to a boy in a building and you will get Zorua.

Otherwise, you can just trade for one.

Years
Now if you have the event Celebi transferred over from a 4th Gen game, you can activate the Relocator by saying this message:

EVERYONE HAPPY
SIMPLE CONNECTION

If you have Celebi with you, make sure you have an empty slot in your party and talk to a boy in a building and you will get Zorua.

Otherwise, you can just trade for one.

How can i enter those words without a doc to do so :s

Years
There's a guy in the Name Rater building at the back end of Castelia City (last building entrance before Route 4, on left).

Cyclone

That's the doc i ment he is gone i didn't see him earlier

I am soooooooo damn blond!!!! Like omg0.0

I found what i was looking for sorry people!!!! :$
But thank you. For helping me though ohw and getting my fc this weekeind!

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I've been wondering that as well, actually. Bashful, Docile, Hardy, Quirky, and Serious seem pointless to me. Some charts show them on one of the five spots that each adjust one stat in the opposite direction.

Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back