• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
If i remember the rumors correctly they both are about even so it could be either. I am really hoping for a fairy type though.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Which one proved more reliable in other words who has a better record?

I don't trust either of them, but that may just be my own bias talking.

It's possible that both of them are legit and one of their sources was misinformed.

I think I'm more inclined to believe the Fairy type guy (pokexperto) because I'm more familiar with him and his leakage of all those 5th gen pokemon.

That said I'm pretty confused about the whole thing....

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
This guy does have some credibilty due to leaking the BW Pokedex, I still would treat it as a rumor, but it is a very believable one at that. I see Fairy being a likely new type, and there are many Pokemon that fit into it, and could be retconned to have that type. Yveltal being Dark/Flying I would believe as it seems to have that look about it. Not saying it's real, but believable. I dont know why a guy who has posted a lot of real info would just make something like this up, but we'll see.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Today? I guess we'll find out in about 12 hours or so.

Personally, I don't see Gamefreak retyping existing Pokémon. Though the Normal type is the one being replaced in a case like Clefairy, it sets it to have certain new weaknesses, even if it's no longer weak to Fighting, and completely changes how that Pokémon is used. Making it Normal/Fairy might make sense, however.

With all that said, they won't retype Clefairy. It is already a complete family. Leave it alone.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Looks like even MNN has gotten the info about the Fairy type rumor: http://mynintendonews.com/2013/04/22/pokemon-x-and-pokemon-y-to-introduce-fairy-type-pokemon/

It also says that Clefairy, and maybe Togetic, will gain the new type.

MNN also posted Mr. XY's rumors didn't it? I remember some big web magazine did. Basically if its big enough rumor they kinda have to take a risk and post it. Especially if they are desperate for news to post.

Clefairy...it's hard to say on whether or not it'll be re-typed, because something like this has never really been done before. When Dark/Steel was released, the only Pokemon that really got re-typed during that time period was Magneton (add in others if I'm missing anything). So it's a possibility that past Pokemon could very well be re-typed, but how big that is that possibility is unknown.

Gen 2 had a lot of retypes, though not just for new Pokemon. Attacks got retyped as well, though really I also don't believe that they "have" to retype anything if they add in a new type. It makes enough sense not to what with it completely changing the meta game by adding new weaknesses to Pokemon.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Clefairy...it's hard to say on whether or not it'll be re-typed, because something like this has never really been done before. When Dark/Steel was released, the only Pokemon that really got re-typed during that time period was Magneton (add in others if I'm missing anything). So it's a possibility that past Pokemon could very well be re-typed, but how big that is that possibility is unknown.
Thanks for the pointer on that!

Bulbapedia said:
Magneton, along with its pre-evolution Magnemite, were pure Electric-type Pokémon in Generation I, but became dual type Electric/Steel in Generation II, since the Steel type did not exist when they debuted. Due to this type change, Magneton is the second Steel-type Pokémon in National Pokédex order (after Magnemite), but it was unable to learn any Steel-type moves until Generation III (and even then, it could only learn Metal Sound).
So both stages got the Steel type, not just one. However, this DOES give credence to a new type; Clefairy, for instance, could be Normal/Fairy. What was the other? Togetic? No. It's already Normal/Flying. If they were to give it "Fairy" typing, they would literally be changing one of the other two types. Unless tri-typing is a new feature.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
Wow.. You know, out of all the types mentioned for Sylveon, fairy makes the most sense to me. I would actually perfectly okay with this. At least Sylveon looks kind of fairy like, unlike the other rumored types it could be. They could definitely pull this off. I'm actually hoping it's true.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If this Fairy type were to be introduced, I imagine it being a mix of Psychic and Dragon, since (I'm guessing Xander would correct me on this. xD), Dragons/Fairies are both mythical, to some sort of extent? I imagine them also have strong telepathic abilities, at least to the extent that they could pull off what Sylveon pulled off in the movie trailer.

Nothing to really correct >> They both are Mythical as they only exist in myths and legends.

I don't agree with Retyping though. There's no need to retype especially since that ruins Metagame more than just adding in a new type. They can always just do like they do with Bug and Dragon Egg Groups. Those in the egg groups don't have to be that type. There are 4 Bugs that aren't Bug typed and 16 dragons aren't Dragon typed. Also Snubbull retyped as a Fairy is scary. Granbull as Fairy is even worse.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
MNN also posted Mr. XY's rumors didn't it? I remember some big web magazine did. Basically if its big enough rumor they kinda have to take a risk and post it. Especially if they are desperate for news to post.

Yes, but unlike XY, this rumor is from the same guy who leaked the whole Gen V roster, so there's a possibility that it could be true.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Yes, but unlike XY, this rumor is from the same guy who leaked the whole Gen V roster, so there's a possibility that it could be true.

Some people said its not the same guy. The one that leaked the Gen 5 roster had the game then too. I doubt he has the game now.

It all still conflicts with the Mewtwo leak guy since he said that Sylveon is Flying type.

Though...apparently if nothing appears in the next few hours to 11 hours I guess its false? The leaker said the info would come out today. Some said it was for the Japanese site which would be in 11 hours seeing as its just 1pm for them. If he meant today today, seeing as this rumor was posted earlier...according to Pokejungle there are some posts that are from 12 hours ago, so he has only 2 to 4 hours left to go.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Just had a small discussion about what Fairy could be strong/weak against.

Poison came up due to warranted belief that it needs a boost. Though based on old stories and the old ambiguous meaning and grouping for Fairy, it didn't really make sense...I started looking through some old info I had as well as various sites and remembered about Cold Iron. Iron was used to ward on Spirits, Fairies, Witches and other Malevolent Supernatural beings.

If they follow this Steel should be SE and resist Fairy type

Just to kinda play off, what do you think Fairy would be Super Effective against, be weak to, immune to or resist?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Praying that "Fairy" translates to "Light"... if it's even true.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Personally I'd say the 'Fairy' type is strong against Dark. If Fairy translates to 'light', like the above poster said then the concept does make sense in a way. In books generally or it's well-known that light overcomes dark. Dark being super effective against Fairy could also work but I would like to see something like this. I can't think of what it could possibly be immune to though so I'll figure that one out later. n_n

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I don't believe it one bit, there is no need for a new type, and Fairy just sounds unnecessary, Just wait til Pokemon.com reveals info themselves.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I don't believe it one bit, there is no need for a new type, and Fairy just sounds unnecessary, Just wait til Pokemon.com reveals info themselves.
It's just a bit of fun speculation. No one is saying it's set in stone or anything. Whether it ends up true or not, only time will tell.

I for one, while I don't think we need a new type, wouldn't mind something as mythical as a Fairy-type. It's certainly better than the overrated Light type anyway, which is speculated on every time a new generation comes knocking. Besides, if they can incorporate a new type and keep the balance, it could be a nice shake up for the meta-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back