• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Vicious Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
Pokémon Vicious Red
Yep! it's a classic.​

Introduction
Bag_Fire_Gem_Sprite.png

Pokemon Vicious Red is basically an upgrade from the original Red version which has slight alterations primarily to the difficulty aspect of the game meaning increasing the levels of Gyms, Trainers etc. The main essentials that make up the game itself.
When I was made aware of how to edit trainers in Generation one I jumped at the idea and got to work on this project right away.
Not only does it focus on the diffuculty but also the Wild Pokémon having being able to capture ALL 151 Pokémon ~ to an extent
I guarantee this is a hack that you wont want to miss out on, the difficulty of this game is phenomenal and like no other, I recommend you give it a try as a challenge!

Hack Details
Bag_Water_Gem_Sprite.png

Hack of: Pokémon Red
Hack Name:
Pokémon Vicious Red
Date Created: Friday, 25th November 2011 (23:04 GMT)
Patcher to use: Lunar Ips

Features
Bag_Electric_Gem_Sprite.png

• Trainers changed
  • Gym Leaders teams edited
  • Elite Fours team edited
  • Rivals team edited
  • ALL 151 Pokémon catchable ~ to an extend
  • Whole game difficulty intensified
Glitches
Bag_Grass_Gem_Sprite.png

Obviously some trainers may be left unedited, this is common and expected and once I familiarise myself with Hex editing I will correct all this. Notable trainers are Giovanni and several Gym Trainers.

Media
Bag_Ice_Gem_Sprite.png

PokemonViciousRed_01.png
PokemonViciousRed_02.png
PokemonViciousRed_03.png

PokemonViciousRed_04.png

PokemonViciousRed_05.png

PokemonViciousRed_06.png

Release
Bag_Flying_Gem_Sprite.png

Beta #1
↓ See below for download, all upto the Champion edited, Pokémon, trainers etc. ~ Some need tweaking and fixing however so be aware ↓

blue

gucci
Years
In the attachment you should find the patch and a documentation containing a list of all 151 Pokémon locations. Please leave feedback & have fun!

SonOfASubmariner

Not the only one with an avatar R/B Golbat related
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 19, 2017
Why did you decide to edit red version instead of firered or leafgreen just asking?
I think Suicune edited Red instead of FR/LG because of the various bugs and glitches 1st gen had such as
"Higher Speed stat = More Critical Hits and higher accuracy *I think*"
and "Hyper Beam not having to recharge if it KOs"
Anyway, that's a nice hack, Suicune!

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Some people like the older games regardless of whether there's hacking tools available for the newer ones. It's about working with the games you like the most and feel you can get the best out of for the hack you want to make.

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2014
i am happy that youre editing the older games. I like them better. I also played complex crystal and it was great

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2022
Does this hack entail the ability to evolve trade-volve pokemon? eg: haunter to gengar
kadabra to alakazam?

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
Can I have a document (.txt not .docx) that lists all pokemon locations by area and shows rarity?

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2014
Pretty good hack. That Rival's Parasect is evil. Nidoking, Kadabra, Venusaur, and Blastoise. All of the most powerful Pokemon you can get in the early game and they all are weak to it. The fact that his level is super high doesn't make things any easier 0.0 I tried to use the great and mighty DUX, but I realized far too late that he would not obey me. I'll have to catch a Jynx. I'll leave further review once I reach the mid and late game.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Hello i need help, i've been playing the hack for a while defeated the elite four already and im looking forward to get all 151 the problem is that i cant find mew. It is said to be located at celurean cave like mewtwo the problem is that i cant find mew, is it in the wild like any normal pokemon or its standing there like mewtwo please respond i'll be waiting :D

AngelicPikachu

"We're Ready"
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2016
Whoa a gen 1 hack, been awhile since i've seen one of those...now I have something to do when I have some peace way togo Suicune Sir

Danny-E 33

The Loneliest Cubone
Years
  • Seen yesterday
I am not just trying to spam or advertise, but if you're interested, you are welcome to use my graphics patch along with this hack. The Graphics Patch replaces all the Pokémon sprites with GSC sprites and gives them fully unique palettes, and it also replaces every trainer sprite with GSC sprites and adds colour to the trainers.

This hack looks good so far, but I recommend mixing up the maps a bit. Even if you keep the same story, it makes a hack much easier to play if it has fresh maps. I would suggest Lin's ClassicMap which is the best and easiest to use gen 1 map editor. I would like to see this project expand a bit!! :D

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
IndianCharizrad#, please don't bump threads that haven't been posted in for over a month.

Hoenn, if you would like this thread to be reopened then just message either myself, giradialkia or karatekid552.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back